Nail polish with glaze & go??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deb32

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Wonder if you can help me can you use nail polish then put glaze & go
over the top to make it stronger and to last??

Was not sure
thanks
:hug:

No it does not work with glaze & go as it needs a rough surface to hold on to,
star nails do a very similar top coat gel that can be used over polish,
i have used it and it does work well, i think it is called quatro,
im sure someone will correct the name for me if im wrong,
you can get it from Sally's and it is about £5 cheaper than glaze and go, hth :hug:

Funnily enough I am trying this out at the moment. I don't know about varnish on natural nails but it seems to be working with varnish on gel nails. Has been on a week now and I have been decorating and is still on, not chipped and looking good. Applied 2 coats of Nubar polish left a couple of minutes, not long, and one coat of Glaze'n'go that was it! Hope this helps!

Hi, I have found Glaze n Go works best over acrylic or gel. When applied over polish Glaze n Go tends to craze and then chip away. I use NSI Thermoshield over polished enhancements.

nsi do a product called thermoshield which is for applying over nail varnish.i have never tried this tho so cant comment on it but ive heard from geeks on here that its good.
yes you can buy a similare product from sallys which is called quattro and it is cheaper than glaze n go.i bought one for this purpose but have never got round to using it as my clients have not had nail polish.
i however have gel on my nails with two coats of wireless nail polish by china glaze and a coat of glaze n go over the top.it worked fine apart from on one nail which it cracked so i applied another coat of glaze n go and it worked fine for atleast a month untill i did a rebalance.im not sure if i would recomend it on clients though as i couldnt guarentee that it would always work but i use it on myself all the time.x

nsi do a product called thermoshield which is for applying over nail varnish.i have never tried this tho so cant comment on it but ive heard from geeks on here that its good.
yes you can buy a similare product from sallys which is called quattro and it is cheaper than glaze n go.i bought one for this purpose but have never got round to using it as my clients have not had nail polish.
i however have gel on my nails with two coats of wireless nail polish by china glaze and a coat of glaze n go over the top.it worked fine apart from on one nail which it cracked so i applied another coat of glaze n go and it worked fine for atleast a month untill i did a rebalance.im not sure if i would recomend it on clients though as i couldnt guarentee that it would always work but i use it on myself all the time.x

Hi Tracey, thanks i will try that
xx

can anyone tell me if thermoshiled has a tacky layer to remove after curing or is it like glaze n go?x

Star Nails Quattro is really good for over natual nails which are polished, but you have to be sure that the polish is completely dry before you apply. I usually put the polished hands under the UV lamp for 2 minutes to ensure polish is completely dry before applying star quattro. Gives a high shine gloss which makes polish last much longer, but has to be buffed off. I use this as a top coat for over my acrylic enhancements as well.

Hi Hun,
Thermoshield had no tacky layer, neither does Glaze n Go.
I have used both over nail polish.
But Thermoshield is mean't for that use, also you can use it as a resale product to clients to use over nail polish, as it does not need a uv lamp to cure it, it will cure in 2 minutes near a 40 watt light bulb. The benefit of Thernoshield is it can be removed with polish remover, unlike Glaze n Go which has to be filed off.
NEVER use thermoshield on a natural nail.........tried it once, my nail curled up!!!!!
Hope this helps.
Lotsa luv x x :hug: :hug: x x

great thanks for the info.x

Hi, I have found Glaze n Go works best over acrylic or gel. When applied over polish Glaze n Go tends to craze and then chip away. I use NSI Thermoshield over polished enhancements.

Spn01 is right. Thermoshield (UV cure) or Airshield (air-dry) are meant to be brushed over polish - Glaze 'n Go is not. Those who have tried it have found little success.

Thermoshield or Airshield should last 2 weeks - just in time for a fill.

Hi i use a UV gel top coat from IBD (the nail company sell this) which you are able to apply on natural nails and also enhancements this also is easily removed with nail polish remover and does not have to be buffed off.

do you mean air dry by cnd? or another brand?

Spn01 is right. Thermoshield (UV cure) or Airshield (air-dry) are meant to be brushed over polish - Glaze 'n Go is not. Those who have tried it have found little success.

Thermoshield or Airshield should last 2 weeks - just in time for a fill.

do you think these work better than quattro anyone?

Latest posts

Back