nail trainer

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Creative Tech

Pampered Princess
Reaction score
Hi All!

A while ago I had a nail trainer to practice on but couldn't seem to work on it,now I really think I could do with one but need to now how to use them.

Any Advice would be very grateful.:wink2:

Pleeease.......

Many Thanks! :hug:

I really dont understand that you dont know how to work on them Sarah?? You trained with Creative right? Therefore you should be able to do nails on a nail trainer!
Its like doing a set of nails on a real person, whos joints are a bit stiff!! lol :)

I wish Id got a nail trainer, as for the time I had it I found it invaluble!!!

If you feel you need the practice then get one!

You just apply tips like you would to a human and do everything you would to a human nail/hand, apart from the cuticle prep!

hth's x

Sarah surely if you have worked on a nail trainer before then you must know how to use it ???????

Sorry Sarah but this is confusing as when I did my training with Creative we used the Nail Trainer Hand so it should be second nature to you.
It is just the same as working on a human as Hayls has said.
You may be need to contact Creative and see if you can get a video about how to work the Training Hand I am sure they still do this?

Sarah surely if you have worked on a nail trainer before then you must know how to use it ???????
Yes!i'm creative trained but before I was trained with them.

:Scared:I was trained with a differant company so when I tried I couldn't because the trainer the tips wouldn't stay on and I couldn't evern do any work on it.:grr:

When I did my training with creative we did not use the nail trainer so we didn't get told how to use them.

Im sorry to sound a bit blount here Sarah, but I havent read any posts to say that peeps have had problems with their nail trainers!!!
They are as I said, like a stiff human hand, they are fantastic to work on, and it doesnt matter if when you did previous training you didnt use them, you used it with your Creative training so should be used to using it! And if your tips wouldnt stay on then your educator wouldve shown you how to put them on correctly!

Yes!i'm creative trained but before I was trained with them.

:Scared:I was trained with a differant company so when I tried I couldn't because the trainer the tips wouldn't stay on and I couldn't evern do any work on it.:grr:

When I did my training with creative we did not use the nail trainer so we didn't get told how to use them.

Ok Sarah :grr:You didnt use a nail trainer, You need to apply adhesive to a tip and apply like you would on a human hand try and apply a little more pressure for slightly longer and I am sure the tip will stick it also helps to roughen the nail bed on the trainer a little.

I don't really think you can get any advise until you get one and have another go. ??
Saying you can't use one before you even try is a bit defeatist. :eek:

Who knows. now you had a bit more practice on humans the application with a nail trainer might just "click".

Why don't you go and get one and let us know who you get on.
Even if you struggle with it you could post some pics and get some pointers on where you might be going wrong?
x

do you mean you couldnt get the nail beds to stay on ??
if so you have to push them right in so you get 2 clicks , hth

have you actually got a nail trainer now ??

I got a demo video with mine and also a manual. do they not come with these now?

new nail trainer hands come with concise instructions to help you out :wink2:

do you mean you couldnt get the nail beds to stay on ??
if so you have to push them right in so you get 2 clicks , hth

have you actually got a nail trainer now ??
No!I mean when I try and stick the tips on the trainers nail beds there don't stay on,but!when I have dune one or two clients the tips seem to stay on better.I don't now what I'm doing rong!

I haven't got the nail train anymore as I couldn't seem to do anything on it.:eek:

if your tips aint staying on ?? it either sounds like you aint buffing the pink nail bed first , or you aint holding the tip long enough ,
either that or the tips are too small , not right shape for the trainer
hth

No!I mean when I try and stick the tips on the trainers nail beds there don't stay on,but!when I have dune one or two clients the tips seem to stay on better.I don't now what I'm doing rong!

I haven't got the nail train anymore as I couldn't seem to do anything on it.:eek:

when I first got my trainer hand I found it difficult too as it was all new to me, but the answer is to keep at it, keep practicing and trying , getting rid of it will have been no help to you . get yourself another trainer and practice like mad, you will soon get the hang of it,

when applying tips to the trainer hand I find I need to apply pressure for a little longer than I would on a human hand as the trainer hand isnt the same temperature as a human one . hth .

Hi Sarah, After you have clicked the nail beds onto the hand, remove the surface shine from the nail bed and apply your tips as normal. You will need to hold the tip for just a little longer than you would usually with a client for the tip to adhere. Hope this helps.
David.

if your tips aint staying on ?? it either sounds like you aint buffing the pink nail bed first , or you aint holding the tip long enough ,
either that or the tips are too small , not right shape for the trainer
hth

This is what I would of said too and too add too much or too little glue and they won't stay put.

I'd definitely get another one if I were you, it's an invaluable tool for practising anything that you may have a problem with, apex placement, polishing, sculpting, filing - you name it.

I'd say get one and keep practising, it could be your best friend. xx

Hi Sarah, After you have clicked the nail beds onto the hand, remove the surface shine from the nail bed and apply your tips as normal. You will need to hold the tip for just a little longer than you would usually with a client for the tip to adhere. Hope this helps.
David.
Firstly!thank you for all your kind advice.It was a long time ago but I think I didn't take the shine off the nail bed before appling the tips,will go to capital maybe tomorrow morning and see if there have one and how much there then I can go and get one maybe next week.

Thanks Again! :hug:

Essential nails also sell special nail trainer adhesive, that compensates for the lack of heat in the hand....but speedbond seems to work well too. As everyone says, it just needs to be held a fraction long to ensure good adhesion.

David.
Once you've preped the nail train like above can you still use tip cuters after to cut the tip drown to the right length?

Thank you for all your grate advice.:hug:

Once you've preped the nail train like above can you still use tip cuters after to cut the tip drown to the right length?

Thank you for all your grate advice.:hug:
Yes Sarah, Click the nail bed onto the trainer, remove the surface shine from the nail bed, apply your tip and cut the tip to length with tip cutters. Anything else your not sure about Sarah, feel free to ask.
David.x

Latest posts

Back