Nail wraps done with tissue?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

littlegrohl

Reaction score
Quick one i hope..

new client came for nno, I noticed she had a split in the nn right in the corner of her smile.. i set about fixing it with resin then overlay, when she told me her old tech used tissues..

I figured she meant fibre glass or something like that, but she assured me that the tech would take a tissue from the box, cut the corner off, "glue" it on then proceed with the overlay..

does anyone else do this..? I have nevere heard of it, and think that the way i do it is just as good.. but perhaps this is a trade secret that i have yet to learn?

thanks

Can't say I've heard of it either.. :eek: x

I have heard of nail techs using tissue paper and also tea bag material.

Hey Chel, do you have a Milady's Nail Technology book? In my one, from back in the day, it does discribe using tissues and paper to repair natural nail. It's probably a wee bit outdated though. I'd imagine that fibreglass would be better.

Last edited:
Oh the tea bag one I've read in someones DIY tips.

tissue wrapped nails used to be known as Juliet wraps and were done back in the dark ages. No real strength in them compared to modern fibreglass wraps but it is certainly not unknown. Tea bag paper as well ... in fact you can wrap a nail with anything really .... linen, acetate skirt lining, silk etc. It's all been used in the past (and apparently still in the present:eek:).

The mind boggles....client cup of tea,

the used teabag....use the outside for nails, the inside for the facial....who ever said us brits in the uk dont hit our recycling targets!!!:)

Latest posts

Back