nailbiters sculpt and pinching "C" curve by tammy taylor

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ariaaland

Reaction score
ariaaland said:
hi victoria here is the clip i promised you on pinching. and its open for everyone elese who is interested in knowing how to build a nail on a nailbiter or person with short nails and also how to pinch the perfect "C" curve

file:///Users/andrewthomas/Desktop/Maxine%20Nail%20Video.mov

Hiya

I cant see the attachment, it says make sure the path or the internet access is correct!

Ditto

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

but thanks for the thought LOL

Did you save it somewhere online that requires a login to access that page? If yes, that 'might' be the problem.
Maybe (just thinking in the dark here lol haven't finished my morning java lol)

AWESOME!!

Thanks oodles!
Gonna try to save that for future reference when I finally do L&P course.

But.. (and you knew there was a "but", right? ROFL)

how does that work with UV Gel?

LOL

:hug:

I still cant see it ... its telling me I have to install flash and I'm on works pc so I cant downlaod it!!:irked:

Well I am amased as to how much the brush touches the clients skin on her finger! I thought that this was a complete no no!

Looks nice though - and looks so easy - i bet its not that simple!

Wow, I wish my nail biters had nails that nice - in reality, it is not that easy to fit a form, especially since 90% of them have no FE, swollen, bulging skin and overgrown Hyponichiums.

Nice of you to post it tho!

ohhh thats just beautifull.......lol.....sorry couldn't resist.

was great to watch. x

i am so glad you managed to get it victoria. and for those other ladies who wish to view it , you have to install flash player or something like that. just follow the link and do as it says. i hope it works for you all. and yes it is as easy as it looks trust me, i have tried it and it works, the secret is to get the correct amount of powder on the brush and then fit the form correctly.:)

p.s victoria, try what i told you before about flash curing and pinching in between

Sorry but not that impressed, very strange how she put on the acrylic and the nail wasnt that badly bitten or the form would not have fitted that snuggly it would have been at an angle looking upwards, Finished it look good although I prefer a more balanced look, as gigi says no more than a third of white to pink - sorry

Tipping, in my opinion is the best way to go for nail biters, or even natural manis till they grow their own nails enough for enhancements.

she,s from the oldschool like more lady,s are:hug: But a lot of her techniek are old and need to be reset.Like eching the nail with a 100 gritt file:eek: I never do that only to form de tips free edge.BUTTING COLOR ACRLIC on the naturel nailplate no clear to protech the nail from discoloring. IDO LOVE HER clips the crack mi up do.

ariaaland said:
p.s victoria, try what i told you before about flash curing and pinching in between

ahh right!

Ok, will try that tonight:!:

Thanks oodles:!:

Fabulous saved for future re thanks a lot

have i missed something here. Did the client already have acrylic on her nails before the white and the pink went on.

It looks great!! I am a person who needs to see how something is done. I know that will help me out a lot. That was something I was never good at in school. I always use a tip. Now I will give that a try again. And to top it off I'm a nail bitter too. So I'll see how thing turn out! Thanks for the help its going to help me out a lot. :)

Delisnails said:
Sorry but not that impressed, very strange how she put on the acrylic and the nail wasnt that badly bitten or the form would not have fitted that snuggly it would have been at an angle looking upwards, Finished it look good although I prefer a more balanced look, as gigi says no more than a third of white to pink - sorry

Tipping, in my opinion is the best way to go for nail biters, or even natural manis till they grow their own nails enough for enhancements.

hello delisnails just to mention that what i showed was not from the beginning, she actually made a prothesis before she put on the form, maybe if i had started it prior to that point it would have made more sense. i am sorry you were not impressed, but to each his own:)

TMOUSE said:
have i missed something here. Did the client already have acrylic on her nails before the white and the pink went on.

no the client (who was actually a he.. she was using him as a model) did not have anything on his nails prior to what you saw. what tammy did because the person had no freeedge, was to make him one using acrylic to lengthen the nail bed somewhat so she had something to butt the form up against and also a point from which she could correctly place her white. hope yo are a bit clearer now, any other question feel free to ask okey:)

Zingara said:
Wow, I wish my nail biters had nails that nice - in reality, it is not that easy to fit a form, especially since 90% of them have no FE, swollen, bulging skin and overgrown Hyponichiums.

Nice of you to post it tho!

hi zingara, trust me when i say this. it will work on your nail biter just try it.. remember she lengthened the nail bed by making a prothesis using acrylic so she could have a freeedge and also somewhere to place her form and build her whites. try it and see please. i am not pushing tammy's work but i have used her videos and have managed to make nailbiters look good. so you can lose all you need to do is to try for yourself. a perfect example are the long nails i showed you a while back remember those... the ones with the ivory tips?, well she had no freeedge either and i used acrylic to lengthen the nail beds prior to applying the tips and see how it turned out, its a pity i had not taken a before picture so you could see.

ariaaland said:
hi zingara, trust me when i say this. it will work on your nail biter just try it.. remember she lengthened the nail bed by making a prothesis using acrylic so she could have a freeedge and also somewhere to place her form and build her whites. try it and see please. i am not pushing tammy's work but i have used her videos and have managed to make nailbiters look good. so you can lose all you need to do is to try for yourself. a perfect example are the long nails i showed you a while back remember those... the ones with the ivory tips?, well she had no freeedge either and i used acrylic to lengthen the nail beds prior to applying the tips and see how it turned out, its a pity i had not taken a before picture so you could see.

Hiya, yes it makes more sense knowing she built a small FE first - the clip didn't make that clear.

But I still think that the shortness of the nails isn't the only problem...I have to saddle the tips on at least half my nailbiters as the skin bulges up higher than the nail on a really badly bitten nail (maybe I just get the REALLY bad biters!). I prefer sculpting, and have tried pushing a small bead down to creat a lip, but in these cases it just creates a ski jump nail.

Latest posts

Back