nails throbbing should I remove the gel?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

michelle g

Reaction score
I have had a call from somebody who has had her nails done at an nss salon
yesterday as a present from one of her friends.
she has asked me to remove them because they are throbbing and hurting!
and at one point she said she was close to tears.
I am worried about removing them as they have obviously really thinned the nail plate.
should I remove and do an overlay or leave well alone?
also she said they used gel not acrylic!
I know this place she went to does offer gel but never come across
anyone that has had gel from these places.
the thing worrying me is how bad they are hurting her.
they must have drilled the hell out of her nail. poor thing.
I'm just wanting a second opinion on this please!

Omg poor woman:eek:

I think personally if I was her I would want them off even if it was going to hurt a bit.

The Gel could be soak off Gel so you would only need to do minimal filing.

I would gently buff rather than file as much of the Gel as she could tolerate then soak the rest. It wouldn't matter if there was still some left on her nail plate better that than going right down to the natural nail.
:hug:

from my experience, when nss salons say they are using gel they are in fact not. i've found this out because when i've had people in for infills on gel (after they've been to nss), i go to put them in the lamp and they tell me that they never had the lamp, that it was a liquid and a powder!:eek: All the nails from nss are their MMA!

I feel for her too.
she did send a photo to my phone and she is a nail biter and they have used
white tips! the photo not very clear to post on here but I will take
a photo when she comes to me later.
I bet her friend feels awful too as it was a birthday present.

from my experience, when nss salons say they are using gel they are in fact not. i've found this out because when i've had people in for infills on gel (after they've been to nss), i go to put them in the lamp and they tell me that they never had the lamp, that it was a liquid and a powder!:eek: All the nails from nss are their MMA!

mmm this is what I was thinking!
and they charge more for the so called gel!
this is the first time client has had her nails done too so she wouldn't
know the difference.

mmm this is what I was thinking!
and they charge more for the so called gel!
this is the first time client has had her nails done too so she wouldn't
know the difference.

it's awful what these places get away with!

I have had a call from somebody who has had her nails done at an nss salon
yesterday as a present from one of her friends.
she has asked me to remove them because they are throbbing and hurting!
and at one point she said she was close to tears.
I am worried about removing them as they have obviously really thinned the nail plate.
should I remove and do an overlay or leave well alone?
also she said they used gel not acrylic!
I know this place she went to does offer gel but never come across
anyone that has had gel from these places.
the thing worrying me is how bad they are hurting her.
they must have drilled the hell out of her nail. poor thing.
I'm just wanting a second opinion on this please!

If they are really hurting your client,maybe file them down a bit,that could help her nails feel better as nss do "chuck them on alot"!! and thick,they could be pinching her side walls with the acrylic .

it sounds like it could be shrinkage to me....often NSS say its gel when it isn't. Ask her if they used a uv lamp...did they use a brush dipped in a liquid then into a powder....was there a strong smell....from this you should be able to work out if its gel or not.

If they did use a electric file and use MMA then her nails would have been thinned out because thats the only way MMA will adhere.

The shrinkage pain should go away by the end of today.

Its her call....if she wants them off then do so.

I have had a client with the same problem.... when she soaked them off they had drilled het nail plate so thin that she was bleeding under the acrylic..... what a mess...... soaking them killed her but she did it... I saw them after the event... and they were raw and nasty.. I told her I was not putting anything on them until it had all grown out and to go see a Dr.... i sure hope your lady doesn't have damage like this...
They are so reckless and don;t care

Thats why i think its often kinder and safer not to remove them and just infill them and keep an eye on them....keep them short and let the damage safely grow out...whilst protected by the product. No product is going to penetrate into the nail ... its just sitting on top.

Hiya

Before I knew better, I had "gel" nails done a couple of times at a NSS - basically I now realise that they still use acrylic (albeit a different colour -whiter than the pink stuff they use if you ask for acrylics).

They then use a gel topcoat on top of the acrylic, which is set under the UV light - but its literally just a topcoat.

I hope this helps a bit with your client.

Helen.

Thats why i think its often kinder and safer not to remove them and just infill them and keep an eye on them....keep them short and let the damage safely grow out...whilst protected by the product. No product is going to penetrate into the nail ... its just sitting on top.

I was thinking maybe better to leave them on and just file them down
as I don't know what damage they have caused underneath.
from looking at the picture she sent me on my phone they look terrible
because of how far down the white tip is.
so I was going to re do the white and use an opaque powder,
will the opaque powder cover a white tip?

I have come across this also. Its false advertising as the clients think they are getting one thing & they're getting something else. Plus trying to convince them at times of this can be hard!:(

I have just done the clients nails and just shortened them and thinned them
out. and no they were not gel what she had paid for they were acrylic she said they had a purple liquid and a powder! she is not happy because she paid extra for gel nails.
I think this is absolutely terrible that these places get away with it.

out. and no they were not gel what she had paid for they were acrylic she said they had a purple liquid and a powder! she is not happy because she paid extra for gel nails.

I ,and some others said just thinning them out would help.......but OMG....not gel hay...l&p.....i would be fuming if i was were...THE CHEEK :eek:

i agree, and it doesnt help the reputation of legitimate gel technicians either.

Most of the NSS clients I have in say they pay extra for Gel, then they find out from me that its a liquid and powder....

They give me alot of business in the long run but the damage done is disgusting, most people dont know what they are letting themselves in for, then come to me scared of nails..

I dont know nss salon near me so i cant comment on the mess people nails are in...what i dont understand with them though is...

If they are charging £20-£25 per set,why do they charge "extra" for something they are clearly not using?...,why not just put their prices up :confused:

I also had my nails done at a nss a few years ago before i knew any better they cut my fingers so many times didnt wipe them & let the dust go in all my cuts had a few throbing fingers :mad:. When i decided to get them off i went to a diff salon & they wouldnt come off had to soak them for about an 1hr.

Latest posts

Back