Nailympics 2008 Practise

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The nails look fantabulous (as your work always does).

The only advice I can offer is : Put yourself into "competition mode" with all your usual clients in the weeks leading up to the competitions.

You will be amazed at how much time you can cut off and how much refinement you can do once you are in that "mindset".

Good luck and "Knock em dead luv" !!!!

Hmmm... Not sure if I manager to upload the pictures, time will show... :)

I had to practice on my own nails today and did only one. I used some clear tips from Creative (I don't know the name as I got them as a sample). They were very nice as they didn't need much blending, just some to make them a little bit thinner. However I found them (with all the other tips I have tried so far) extremely difficult to pinch with gel.

I am not sure if it's my nails (that have no long nailbeds or are not thin and sleek), the lack of pinching or whatever else it is, but I can clearly see that the nail is too thick/wide at the stress-area, they look a little bit "front-heavy" (if that is a word...:)). I also didn't manage to cover the free edge.

Well, well, I hope it will be easier at a model, wherever she is...:-/ However I have found it to be very helpful to take pictures, at least when training at myself. It's easier to see the faults at pictures from different angles.

I hope I will have a model at Thursday. Then I will have to time myself.:eek: I will also have gotten some other tips to try.

It didn't work... Will upload the pic. at my profile...

Last edited by a moderator:
Nails look great Kirsty, well done. Do you have to enter the top top level at nailympics this time? Y'know, the one where you have to enter a minimum no of categories cos you've won more than 6 comps so far? If so, which others are you doing? All the very best, I won't be going but will prob see you at Birmingham (on mon, can't make the sun) before then anyway!!

Hope Teigan ok now xx

no i contacted sam and i don't think i do??? i hope not anyway lol :green:

Beautiful nails Kirsty, as always :hug:

come on girls who else is enter Cec has done a fantstic job if you look on her profile in her albums the first 2 pics are her practise and i think she has done a fantastic job....she is so nervous bless her but i think once she finds the right tips for her she will knock em dead!!!!

those smile line cec are lush lush lush :green:

come on girls who else is enter Cec has done a fantstic job if you look on her profile in her albums the first 2 pics are her practise and i think she has done a fantastic job....she is so nervous bless her but i think once she finds the right tips for her she will knock em dead!!!!

Totally agree Kirsty both of you do lovely nails :hug:
Well there is no way I am good enough to compete with you guys but I am very curious about the whole process
Are these with tips or sculpted?
If tips, do you blend etc or are you aloud to use well less tips?
is this the comp where you have to paint one hand of nails red?
I wish I had the right hands to be a model because I would love to sit and watch some one work on me for a comp but whilst I have reasonable nail beds I have short stubby fingers and wide hands:lol:

Well there is no way I am good enough to compete with you guys but I am very curious about the whole process

these are tips hun

you can use well less yes, but you need to stil blend the tip really thin

yes you always paint one hand red in a pink and white comp

I wish I had the right hands to be a model because I would love to sit and watch some one work on me for a comp but whilst I have reasonable nail beds I have short stubby fingers and wide hands:lol:

maybe worth going along to a comp seminar i would love to hold one xx

Mine are tips.

I haven't used well-less, but will try tomorrow. I assume I will have to blend them, as the finished nails have to be very thin and I don't want to file away any of the white because the tip is too thick. Eh... Did that make sense???

Kirsty: If you do a comp. seminar, tell me, and I will come straight from Norway to attend it!

C.

Thanks Kirsty. You're my hero!:)

Some of you geeks have been fantastic to me, with advices, encouraging me, cheering me... I love ya all!

Still I am so nervous i didn't sleep last night. I assume it's something I have to go through. It's better to get it now, than the day before. :eek: I have to vicualise (EH???) everything in my head, over and over again, until it doesn't feel dangerous anymore. That's me, how do you all handle the nervousness, I can't be the only one????

:hug::hug::hug:C.

i tend to just throw my self at things i get nervous when i am setting up wondering if i have forgot anything then rushing around the show to buy what i haven't got lol then when i sit down i am fine until something goes wrong lol

yes hun still blend the well less tips xx

what ever you do....DON'T DRINK REDBULL BEFORE A COMP.....this was a mistake of mine and it really does give you wings lol

Latest posts

Back