Nailympics Results?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Peter Pan

Too sexy to be old geek
Premium Geek
Reaction score
does anyone have any results from nailympics yet !!!!!!!!!!

Hihi, I came 3. in div. 1. gel tip and overlay, and yes, I am SOOOO glad as it was my first comp. I don't remember all of them, but I know that Karin Stroem from Sweden got placed more than one time.

I am also curious on the other competitors scores. Do you know if that ever will be official?

C.

does anyone have any results from nailympics yet !!!!!!!!!!

well done cec!!! I bet you are glad you decided to compete now....and you did so ell to place so high in your first comp!!!

well done cec!!! I bet you are glad you decided to compete now....and you did so ell to place so high in your first comp!!!

Thanks. Yes, I am SOOOOO glad I did it! And no, this will NOT be my last competition, will do it again. :-D I think Manchester is the next? I'll have to compete in another div. then, so I am prepared for a tougher competition yes...:-/ :-D

C.

Hi,
I entered the fantasy nail art comp division 1, it was also my first ever time. I got 2nd place.But saying that there was only two entries.

WELL DONE CEC AND ANNEMAC! Woohoo! Fab results xxx:)

Hi,
I entered the fantasy nail art comp division 1, it was also my first ever time. I got 2nd place.But saying that there was only two entries.

no more than 2 entries:eek: - i AM shocked

im gonna give fantasy nail art comp a go at manchester - i know what i want to do, do you get free range on this then - i hope so cos i got my theme already and practising like hell

Hihi, I came 3. in div. 1. gel tip and overlay, and yes, I am SOOOO glad as it was my first comp. I don't remember all of them, but I know that Karin Stroem from Sweden got placed more than one time.

I am also curious on the other competitors scores. Do you know if that ever will be official?

C.

well done flower - :hug:

there doesnt seem to be the same "excitement" about comps as there used to be - i rememeber when we all sat here begging for results - but it seems now that no one could care less - i love to see who did what and where they placed - whats happening to the comp circuit? has everyone just gone "not interested" - makes you want to not bother,

Yes you get free range, there was only two entries in division one there was a lot more in the other divisions. Heres a pic.
picture.php

Yes you get free range, there was only two entries in division one there was a lot more in the other divisions. Heres a pic.
picture.php

thanks for that flower - and very well done

It MIGHT be because there weren't that many geeks entering this year? Maybe I am totally wrong, but it seamed like there weren't that many people from the UK at all, maybe I am wrong.... I did only see lots of Japanese, Koreans and Chinese. And poor Sam, had to read all those strange names...:-D Haha, he struggled with my name too! :-D

I would also love to know more about the competitors. Not only who placed, but also the other one. Who were they, how many points did they get, etc...

C.

there doesnt seem to be the same "excitement" about comps as there used to be - i rememeber when we all sat here begging for results - but it seems now that no one could care less - i love to see who did what and where they placed - whats happening to the comp circuit? has everyone just gone "not interested" - makes you want to not bother,

My friend, Sharon Kennedy phoned me this morning, all excited as she'd just been told she'd won the Novice comp (not sure if it was gel or L&P but she entered both) - it was her first time entering a UK comp and she only did it for the experience and now she's bouncing for joy! Only thing is, because she didn't think she'd have a hope in hell's chance she came back to Ireland before the 'awards' and so missed her chance for 'glory' onstage!

Well done Sharon and everyone else who did well!

Jackie
x

Hiya annemac
we met briefly yesterday while waiting around for the photographer, my name is elise. Well done they looked lovely and the costume really caught your eye.
i can give you my results if your interested.
3rd in wrap t&o 72 points
5th in gel t&o 70 points
7th in l&p t&o 73.5 points
All in Division 2
i also managed to get top uk competitor
I was so pleased and whoever said there weren't many uk techs was right, i think its cus the level is so so high and its so expensive!!

well done to you all not just for your placing but also for having the b**ls to do it:green:
Once again however I think the low level of excitement over the comps is due to the low level of excitement about the entire show:cry: a lot of damage was done last year with the cancellation and I think until the organizers see sense and lower the stand prices etc this will continue:irked:

Hi All!!

WELL DONE Elise! Great to see you on here at last!!

Well done too to cec and anne mac AND lIZA SMITH XX

I came 14th in l&p T&O
scratchers came 11th
pippa came 12th
Gemma lambert came 8th

WELL DONE EVERYONE

Not sure about Liza's scores but she got top uk competitor div 3 xx

Kirsty Meakin won the scratch shoot out, well done mate :lol: xx

there was a lady in div 3 who was from Hungary, her sculpted and T&O were TO DIE FOR!!!!!!!! She was called Zsuzsanna Fekete Kaszne, not sure how she did as I wasn't there on the monday, but .........WOW, now they were fab nails!

hi guys

I've not posted yet as I had to be up at 4.30 this morn to be at a shoot in Brighton at 7am:eek:

I then had to work at salon from 5-9.30!

I am very pleased to get the top uk competitor in div 3, lovely trophy and a medal.

Very well done to Elise, who shared the stage with me!

The reason that there are not many competitors from the UK is that the koreans tend to wipe the board.

That is why Alex Fox introduced the Top UK competitor in each division.
That way we have a seperate comp between ourselves, while also checking out to see where we are compared to the rest of the international competitors.

Due to the numbers of wins I have, I have to go into div 3, along side all the world champions.

If you enter div 3, you have to enter all 4 categories which costs £305.
Even though I am pushing forward every yr, I couldnt justify paying out for hotel, travel for 3 models expenses and entry fee, if I didnt have another shot at a trophy.

There is no reason that everyone that enters all the uk comps cant enter the nailympics.
It is extremely well run; they provide a nail trolley, a bin, drinking water, you all get a certificate of attendance.
The awards ceromony is fantastic, even if the koreans wipe the board, there are always a good percentage of europeans on the stage.

I enjoyed the weekend very much, even thou im broke, and my back has seized up!

My main challenge was to place higher than last yr, and I did. Last yr, I placed 8th and 9th in my 4 categories.
This yr I got 3 x 5th places and 1 x 6th place.

Im convinced that every time I compete against that level of skill, I push myself that little bit harder, and my competing improves because of it.

Im just gutted that there wont be a comp in Sept, like there used to be :cry:

I know its only another month on, but Manchester seems forever away, and Im chomping at the bit to go again now!!!

Lastly, a very HUGE well done to everyone that entered, I hope you enjoyed it as much as I did

xxx

hi guys

I've not posted yet as I had to be up at 4.30 this morn to be at a shoot in Brighton at 7am:eek:

I then had to work at salon from 5-9.30!

I am very pleased to get the top uk competitor in div 3, lovely trophy and a medal.

Very well done to Elise, who shared the stage with me!

The reason that there are not many competitors from the UK is that the koreans tend to wipe the board.

That is why Alex Fox introduced the Top UK competitor in each division.
That way we have a seperate comp between ourselves, while also checking out to see where we are compared to the rest of the international competitors.

Due to the numbers of wins I have, I have to go into div 3, along side all the world champions.

If you enter div 3, you have to enter all 4 categories which costs £305.
Even though I am pushing forward every yr, I couldnt justify paying out for hotel, travel for 3 models expenses and entry fee, if I didnt have another shot at a trophy.

There is no reason that everyone that enters all the uk comps cant enter the nailympics.
It is extremely well run; they provide a nail trolley, a bin, drinking water, you all get a certificate of attendance.
The awards ceromony is fantastic, even if the koreans wipe the board, there are always a good percentage of europeans on the stage.

I enjoyed the weekend very much, even thou im broke, and my back has seized up!

My main challenge was to place higher than last yr, and I did. Last yr, I placed 8th and 9th in my 4 categories.
This yr I got 3 x 5th places and 1 x 6th place.

Im convinced that every time I compete against that level of skill, I push myself that little bit harder, and my competing improves because of it.

Im just gutted that there wont be a comp in Sept, like there used to be :cry:

I know its only another month on, but Manchester seems forever away, and Im chomping at the bit to go again now!!!

Lastly, a very HUGE well done to everyone that entered, I hope you enjoyed it as much as I did

xxx

Congratulationsxxxxx
Sounds like you are back in the swing of things after you being disappointed with how you got on at excel.
I admire anyone who enters these comps.....well done to you all xxxx

Latest posts

Back