Name advice?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ellie--x

Reaction score
As the title suggests I am struggling with a name!

I currently work from home - I've just trained in lashes and when I get a bit more confident I want to start advertising with Facebook, Instagram, Twitter Etc but I'm really struggling with a name 😣 I am also hoping to expand on the services I offer in the future so don't want anything to just suggest I do lashes

people always call me ell for short but I'm not sure I would like my name in it 😁😞

Please help lol! I'm struggling

Xx

Last edited:
How about pour Elle ? It's French ... I think :) x

Ooh I like the French idea 😊 written down on my list of ideas lol thank you xx

I've had a few people say they like Polished Beauty and maybe that I put Fleetwood at the end with that being where I am. What do you think? I keep thinking it sound like a nail business but then when you get all your beauty treatments done you do want to look polished lol

???

I'd avoid the word polished to be honest.... I've got over 5,000 business names on a spreadsheet of the people I've dealt with other the past 5 or 6 years.

"Polished Beauty" and "Perfectly Polished" are the most common names by a million miles!

I'd avoid the word polished to be honest.... I've got over 5,000 business names on a spreadsheet of the people I've dealt with other the past 5 or 6 years.

"Polished Beauty" and "Perfectly Polished" are the most common names by a million miles!

Haha oh god well yeah I won't bother with it then 😣 back to the drawing board! Thank you x

I also wouldn't put 'beauty' in the name if you are only offering lashes, its a bit misleading.

Xx

Just lashes for now I'm training to do more throughout the year 😊

What do people think to Elle's Belles Beauty? This was top choice on Facebook lol just wanted some opinions before I go with it??? So sorry I know I'm a pain 😩

I personally don't like when people use their name followed by the words beauty, nails, beauty room etc. I feel it's so typical. But I know it's hard to come up with a name. Especially since people want their name to tell people what they Do. I personally didn't go down that route.
Coming up with a name is one of the hardest things to do, I spent 5 months thinking about names before I started my business (I was working full time in a salon during this time'. Try looking up a list of beauty salons in a random country and get some inspiration, I'm not saying steal their name (or do lol) but see if anything comes to mind. If you think of something google it with where you live to make sure no one else has it.

I personally don't like when people use their name followed by the words beauty, nails, beauty room etc. I feel it's so typical. But I know it's hard to come up with a name. Especially since people want their name to tell people what they Do. I personally didn't go down that route.

Coming up with a name is one of the hardest things to do, I spent 5 months thinking about names before I started my business (I was working full time in a salon during this time'. Try looking up a list of beauty salons in a random country and get some inspiration, I'm not saying steal their name (or do lol) but see if anything comes to mind. If you think of something google it with where you live to make sure no one else has it.

Thank you! I know it is so hard I've been thinking for weeks! I've got friends helping me with it now. I'm really unsure about using my name or not since that last suggestion they now all think 'Ell'uring Beautè' or beauty but I'm still so unsure!!! 😑

Thank you! I know it is so hard I've been thinking for weeks! I've got friends helping me with it now. I'm really unsure about using my name or not since that last suggestion they now all think 'Ell'uring Beautè' or beauty but I'm still so unsure!!! 😑

AW I actually love that!

"For the Ell of it!" !!?

I've decided to go with Ell'uring Beauty... Feels like a huge weight has been lifted knowing my new business name 😃 now to get started lol! Thank you everyone for all your help and opinions xxx

I've decided to go with Ell'uring Beauty... Feels like a huge weight has been lifted knowing my new business name 😃 now to get started lol! Thank you everyone for all your help and opinions xxx

Ellie, I don't want to burst your bubble, the name is great - however....

By having the ' between Ell'uring will not only hindrance you with a Facebook listing but if you ever get a website that ' won't be allowed, it will be difficult in seo rankings on the net, making it hard for clients to find you

Sent from my D5503 using SalonGeek mobile app

Ellie, I don't want to burst your bubble, the name is great - however....

By having the ' between Ell'uring will not only hindrance you with a Facebook listing but if you ever get a website that ' won't be allowed, it will be difficult in seo rankings on the net, making it hard for clients to find you

Sent from my D5503 using SalonGeek mobile app

Ah thank you!! I'm still only just setting up, my Facebook page has been made now with the ' but website, Twitter, Instagram haven't been done yet so I'll keep that in mind!! Thank you x

Latest posts

Back