Need a bit of advice on OPI & Gelish

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChelleConnor

Reaction score
Hello,

I just need a bit of advice really.
I originally intended to learn and offer Gelish, however after reading through SG I have now swayed towards OPI GelColour.
If I brought all the OPI stuff could I just buy some Gelish colours? As OPI only have 30 colours out at the mo and some I dont like?
I have already sent an email to Nail Harmony asking them if I can cure Gelish with an OPI led light.
Would I be able to use the OPI prep to prep the nails then apply Gelish Base Coat, Colour and Top Coat?

Any answers or advice would be great x

Last edited:
Hi :) no the opi led will not cure gelish although any 36w uv lamp will, as for mixing systems which you are asking, no to that too, you should always use the full system of your chosen brand to get lasting results & avoid product breakdown & problems. x

Hi

Are u sure that the OPI led lamp will not cure Gelish? I currently have the Harmony 6G lamp which is 30 watts and have ordered the OPI lamp which is 40watts. I was under the impression and planning to use the OPI lamp for both systems. Can anyone else clear this up?

xx

Hello,

I just need a bit of advice really.
I originally intended to learn and offer Gelish, however after reading through SG I have now swayed towards OPI GelColour.
If I brought all the OPI stuff could I just buy some Gelish colours? As OPI only have 30 colours out at the mo and some I dont like?
I have already sent an email to Nail Harmony asking them if I can cure Gelish with an OPI led light.
Would I be able to use the OPI prep to prep the nails then apply Gelish Base Coat, Colour and Top Coat?

Any answers or advice would be great x

Hi, I am sure u can use the OPI lamp for both systems, can anyone else confirm this? If so you could use opi products to prep as long as you use Gelish base, colour and top coat xx

Hi, I am sure u can use the OPI lamp for both systems, can anyone else confirm this? If so you could use opi products to prep as long as you use Gelish base, colour and top coat xx

Thanks for your replies everyone!!
I dont see why the OPI light wouldnt cure Gelish but I just want confirmation, so many people mix lamps for different systems!!
And I would definitely use the Base, Colour & Top for Gelish if I was using the Gelish colour x

Hi!
I had an email back from Gelish who say they cannot advise cure times for other brands of led lamps! :(
As LED is a new technology so every brand is different!!
Guess im just gonna have to try myself!
If anyone tries before I get a chance please let me know, if you would like me to keep you updated I will :p x

I should be receiving my OPI lamp tomorrow so will have a go then and let you know if it cures Gelish. I am sure it will as it has an even higher output than my current Harmony LED lamp.

xx

I use a Gellux LED lamp to cure Gelish and know lots of salons who do and have to date not had a problem with this, sure that the distributors would prefer you used theirs but this is not necessary! :D

Got my OPI lamp yesterday and is does cure Gelish, I did each coat for 30 seconds.

I have done 2 sets of Gelcolor so far and im loving it, super shiny, easy to apply and great coverage. Will update with how long it lasts and removal in due course.

Does anyone else have any reviews, good or bad?

xx

Hi,
Thanks for your replies!
Thats brilliant to hear!!
Cant wait for the update!
Thanks so muchx

hi iv just received my opi kit and lamp ,im goin 2 do course soon ,can i use my opi lamp for my acrylic nails ? thanku for any advise x

I phone Lena White today to enquire about orderding gelcolour and was told I could pre-order but they wouldn't be sent out until after excel but after reading some posts it appears some of you have got it already, can anyone clarify?

I phone Lena White today to enquire about orderding gelcolour and was told I could pre-order but they wouldn't be sent out until after excel but after reading some posts it appears some of you have got it already, can anyone clarify?

Hi

I ordered last Wed, but I ordered the training kit and workshop training. You receive this kit 2 weeks before training so that u can practise, my training is the 27th of this month. At Lena White online lots of gelcolor items seem to be out of stock now, not sure if they are saving them for the show or if they've sold out!

hth xx

Thanks for this post - I have been looking into the OPI Gelcolour and have been unsure if it's worthwhile or not to invest, but I think I will after this! Thanks Geeks x

Hi there, we do have some stock of GelColor and have had for about 2 weeks now but we have sold out of the LED lights and are expecting the rest of our order for these early to mid March. This includes the kits that contain the LED lamps. They are on their way though so apologies for any inconvenience. We are doing our best to fulfill whatever orders we can. Your lamp will be worth waiting for though I promise! :0)

Hi,
I placed my order for the GelColor kit today, ive booked my training for 1st March.
I asked the lady about them been out of stock and when I would receive my kit, she told me that because I had already paid and booked my training I become priority.
So im guessing when you book training you will receive your kit first, whereas if youve just ordered the kit you wont receive until more stock comes in x

Emmaopi are you guys going to be selling kits with lights at excel?

Emmaopi are you guys going to be selling kits with lights at excel?

We are having some stock flown over specially for ExCel. Get there early if you want one!

Latest posts

Back