Need a lot of help deciding on my course

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello, just a quick thaught. I would go with CND I have used both and I love CND and the pink and white are amazing and so easy to use they are just brilliant. BUT I also use nsi, what I use nsi for is the coloured acrylic powders and nail arty stuff. I have a seperate brush for the nsi of cource. Its so handy to be able to buy the coloures individualy. .workes for me, I have a few younger clients who want the neon pinks etc. I would train with CND becuse of the quality and reputation of the products clients recognise this too. NSI is the same to use except you use a primer and it is faster setting, you get a DVD with the acrylic set anyway so you can watch that. I would go with CND all the way, this is totaly unbiased because I work for myself, I dont work for any company etc. There is no law to say you can only use one product line as long as you never, EVER try to mix them together. Your training will be on going what ever you decide to do. It has to be in any profession you constantly update your skills. Hope this is helpful and didnt make it worse lol xxxxxxx

YOUR DOING WHAT I WAS THINKING! May I ask though if you do plain a P+W set with CND and then the client wants some art on top (the P+W being completed by then) dose it affect your insurance them saying that your mixing your product or anything of the like? That the one main thing I'm worried about.
Also is it cost effective for you?

CND CND CND!!!!! I can't say it enough. I have not trained with NSI but have trained with a few other brands. You may get longer with the tutors on other courses but will the standard of their knowledge be as good, and will the products you then go onto use be of CND standard. I have recently become a grand master with CND and can honestly say that their courses and tutors are amazing. After several courses and brands, I did my CND conversion, and learned more on that one course than I had on all the others put together. I think the structure of the foundation course is perfect, combining the right amount of teaching and practice in your own time. I do a lot of encased nail art and have no creative problems using CND powders. CND are number one for good reason.

I'm getting the feeling that you might like CND for some reason :lol: May I ask though were you originally CND or did you convert? Gezzz I hope to be where you are with my education someday!

Hello no it doesnt affect your insurance if you use two product lines but if you mixed the powder with the liquid then yes it would because you would not be following manufacturers instructions. This is cost effective for me. I find it doesnt complicate things ether. Most people will want pink and white or natural, however if they do want coloures used I can do that too. Plus I like playing around with the colours he he . I dont think it would affect anything if you made a flower on top of a cured nail however check with the company to make sure. I havent had to make a flower for anyone no one wants them the most adventures they go is coloured acrylic over whole nail or tips. I use like the french flower stickers and embed them in the acrylic and canes too if the client would like it. You can but nail arty bits for playing all over the net so nail art stickers etc can be used with any system....xxxxxx

Hello no it doesnt affect your insurance if you use two product lines but if you mixed the powder with the liquid then yes it would because you would not be following manufacturers instructions. This is cost effective for me. I find it doesnt complicate things ether. Most people will want pink and white or natural, however if they do want coloures used I can do that too. Plus I like playing around with the colours he he . I dont think it would affect anything if you made a flower on top of a cured nail however check with the company to make sure. I havent had to make a flower for anyone no one wants them the most adventures they go is coloured acrylic over whole nail or tips. I use like the french flower stickers and embed them in the acrylic and canes too if the client would like it. You can but nail arty bits for playing all over the net so nail art stickers etc can be used with any system....xxxxxx

Thanks allot you've really helped I must admit color playing dose look allot of fun! I just have one more question! When doing a french with colored tip do you use CND for the nail bed then NSI for the tip? Or is that what qualifies as mixing product as its still not completely set? Any idea?
p.s I hope I'm not bothering you to much!

As a CND user of both regular powder and their color collections, I would have to say, go with CND. Its worth it to mix and match colors! Plus you actually have so much more creativity when it comes to mixing your own colors. they have glitters, regulars, pastels, everything. They also have reciepes available for mixing the colors into new ones like turning green and blue into turqoise. so there is less thinking involved. and as long as your keep your rciepes written down, mixing colors is not a problem. I mix my pink and whites different for every customer because i use the CND skin tone collection to match to each client. I keep jars labeled with every clients name and reciepe. Pre-mixed and ready to go. its worth the time and effort. Woo CND! lol

I'm ready for your next question hehe a lot of the craft web sites sell little clear pots with lids that are perfect for storing your mixed acrylics in.
Also one of our geeks on here does these really great glitters and they come in pots that are the right size, you just add the clear or pink acrylic, put the lid on and shake.
For 3d nail art, there is no problem with buying the pots of nsi colours and using those, just remember to buy the nsi liquid to go with them.
There are also loads of web sites that sell more art stuff then you can possibly use, so remember to set yourself a budget and stick to it.
It's far to easy to buy loads of stuff and then find that clients will coo over your nails but tell you that they couldn't possibly wear them:confused:

I give up. Personally I have to take the CND courses in England as I can't afford the others. Will see what I think after that.

Oh, and by the way, the dentists start practicing after years of learning biology and chemistry (physics as well in Sweden in school) and then after years of more theory. It doesn't really matter in this conversation though.

:rolleyes:

I give up. Personally I have to take the CND courses in England as I can't afford the others. Will see what I think after that.

Oh, and by the way, the dentists start practicing after years of learning biology and chemistry (physics as well in Sweden in school) and then after years of more theory. It doesn't really matter in this conversation though.

:rolleyes:

Oh and as for harping on about dentists.....thats just ridiculous, nail technicians do not pull teeth, perform operations on the mouth etc so you comparing the two is just plain silly, i have trained with Essential nails to start with then i did a conversion course with EzFlow and then i did a conversion course with CND and i have to say i learnt much more on my conversion course with CND than i did with Essential nails and EzFlow put together!

Last edited by a moderator:
ive been the same its so hard to make a decision just as i think ive decided another one looks better , its alot of money to waste.

at the moment im considering nsi , cnd , ezflow , young nails and la femme in bolton all are good all have won awards but for different things education ,products ,nailart ect .

just do as much research as possible and go with the one that you feel will suit you the most hth.

this week im leaning towards ezflow (louise huggards nails are amaizing) but i also love young nails ,in saying that last week i was set to do cnd !

jx

As a CND user of both regular powder and their color collections, I would have to say, go with CND. Its worth it to mix and match colors! Plus you actually have so much more creativity when it comes to mixing your own colors. they have glitters, regulars, pastels, everything. They also have reciepes available for mixing the colors into new ones like turning green and blue into turqoise. so there is less thinking involved. and as long as your keep your rciepes written down, mixing colors is not a problem. I mix my pink and whites different for every customer because i use the CND skin tone collection to match to each client. I keep jars labeled with every clients name and reciepe. Pre-mixed and ready to go. its worth the time and effort. Woo CND! lol

:D I was thinking about something along them lines the only thing that bothered me was they they were not pre mixed but I guess it gets your creativity flowing when you mix you own.

I'm ready for your next question hehe a lot of the craft web sites sell little clear pots with lids that are perfect for storing your mixed acrylics in. I've got a couple from boots that stack, looking for some better ones so I'm going to have to do some searching now! :)
Also one of our geeks on here does these really great glitters and they come in pots that are the right size, you just add the clear or pink acrylic, put the lid on and shake.I think I've come across them in a search once.
For 3d nail art, there is no problem with buying the pots of nsi colours and using those, just remember to buy the nsi liquid to go with them. Yeah I was thinking about getting a kit to start with
There are also loads of web sites that sell more art stuff then you can possibly use, so remember to set yourself a budget and stick to it.
It's far to easy to buy loads of stuff and then find that clients will coo over your nails but tell you that they couldn't possibly wear them:confused:
:lol: I know some pretty drastic people that have all sorts done before, but ya gotta cater for other people as well i suppose

ive been the same its so hard to make a decision just as i think ive decided another one looks better , its alot of money to waste.

at the moment im considering nsi , cnd , ezflow , young nails and la femme in bolton all are good all have won awards but for different things education ,products ,nailart ect .

just do as much research as possible and go with the one that you feel will suit you the most hth.

this week im leaning towards ezflow (louise huggards nails are amaizing) but i also love young nails ,in saying that last week i was set to do cnd !

jx

It looks like we're in the same situation! :hug: I must say though looking around the boards I've seen quite a few posts about ezflow lifting probs so if your leaning towards them i'd say do a quick search! I must look up louise now.
I think I'm leaning more to CND with NSI for any nail art... maybe. :grr:

I think I'm going with CND.

Why not do your foundation course with CND and then look to companies such as Ezflow and Nfu-Oh for their colour/glitter powders? You could also consider Nail Graphix. They all have beautiful ranges. :)

Why not do your foundation course with CND and then look to companies such as Ezflow and Nfu-Oh for their colour/glitter powders? You could also consider Nail Graphix. They all have beautiful ranges. :)

Nfu-Oh is a def that I'd love to try once I've completed my foundation I've got a couple of glitters ready to mix, thanks for the suggestions.

who said ez flow lifts?? never ever ever..( unless its been done incorrectly) again fantastic training, personally my favourite out of many brands training- Only you can decide which one is right for you..:)

Latest posts

Back