need advice please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sam20

Reaction score
hi i suffer really bad from blackheads on my nose there must about 30/40 on it i counted them ive tried everything from cleansing everyday face masks those nose strips u can get but nothing they are more dark brown than black plus most of them are holes but they are very deep i want to start my beauty course soon but i want a clear face first i the holes on my cheeks as well they look horrible they are deep aswell can someonerecommed something that will help please im desperate

are you sure they arent just open pores?

i think if you suffer from blackheads, steaming then gently easing them out, and also using non comodegenic products will help, if they are open pores thoughi think splashing your face with cold water wil help to close them up eventually, but im only suggesting here hun, as i dont do beauty
maybe an experienced beauty therapist will give you some better info,

hi there. Blackheads are very common and unfortunately there is no miracle cure for them. I would suggest a good face wash, toner and oil free moisturiser twice a day and a deep cleansing mask once a week. I wouldn't worry about having clear skin for your course as none of us have perfect skin.
Tell us what skin type you have. eg oily , dry etc and will try to recommend some products. xx

Thing is,is really they are just open pores where the sebum turns black you can squeeze em, strip em, everything you want and they will keep coming back im a clarins girl, also tried dermalogica,gatineau,australian bodycare,decleor,elemis you name it ive tried it and you know what i found reduced them....leave them alone,just treat them like the rest of your face but quit squeezing and stripping and putting strong things on them..but give it time.

Once you get on your beauty course you will be having facials etc all the time.

When I was there it was on the run up to my wedding and I can say that my skin never looked as good as it did then. :p

using a good product line, and exfoliating will improve that.

hi i have very oily and dry patches i have alot of open pores around mouth chin nose and cheeks im using liz earle cleanse and polish and tonic boost thats all i use at the moment the blackheads are just on the nose is there a product that would reduce my pores as when i wear foundation u can see them really bad thanks for your advice

hi i have very oily and dry patches i have alot of open pores around mouth chin nose and cheeks im using liz earle cleanse and polish and tonic boost thats all i use at the moment the blackheads are just on the nose is there a product that would reduce my pores as when i wear foundation u can see them really bad thanks for your advice
Hi,I would recommend going into a salon and having a galvanic desincrustation facial,this will deep cleanse the skin,exfoliate,relaxes the pores making extraction of the black heads easier.This would be followed by a galvanic iontopheresis treatment,which will help close the pores amongs other things.

If you go to a salon that does electrical treatments they will recommend this electrical facial for you.It will really help and they will give you the recommended advice for how many of these facials you will require for your particular skin type.Alos they can give you advice on good skincare products suitable for your needs.HTH xx

Are you consistent with your routine.Cleanse,tone moisturise morning and night.Do you always remove your makeup properly.I see you don't mention moisturiser but even oily skin needs it to treat and protect.Are you a picker and squeezer or just always touching your face.Do you stick with the same good quality products for at least a month before changing again.
These are things to think about but sometimes no matter what you do you can only make so much difference.
Beauty therapists and beauty products can only do so much then the next step is the doctors or a dermatologist.Which is possibly where you should be going if you are getting scarring.

If your skin has very oily and dry patches it can be quite difficult to find the right products. I would go and get some advice from a salon or good counter like clarins or clinique as it is very hard to reccomend without seeing your skin.
One brilliant product for open pores as a quick fix is pore minimiser instant perfector by clinique. You apply it over or under foundation and it basically fills in the pores covering them up making them look dramatically smaller and skin instantly becomes smoother.
Unfortunatly effects dissapear as soon as its washed off but works brilliantly. If you go in to your local department store and ask one of the consultants they will show you over your foundation. hth hun xxx

Latest posts

Back