need icebreaker ideas

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

keeleydee

Reaction score
hello everyone, i am due to deliver an hour long micro teach at college on nail art. My students are male and female aged between 28-50, a group of 8 of them and i am looking for some good icebreaker activities, can u help please?

Seems to be the norm every course ive been on lately to go around the class and introduce yourself and say what you do and why you are there and what you hope to get out of the course.It always reminds me of an AA meeting (not that i have to go to AA meetings..i might add..not yet anyway).

Go round the room with introductions (name, age, reason for attending course, etc.)and three unusual things about you, but make one of them a lie. When everyone has finished their introduction go round again and people can guess which was the lie for each person.

Useful on lots of levels, it starts open interaction, makes people laugh, gives something for people to talk about during coffee break, and breaks down those first impression conclusions we all jump too.

It's quite fun to find out unusual things about people, and it's interesting to find out what people will lie about :lol:

As course leader, brush up on your body language reading skills and test yourself to see if you can spot the lies too from reading their signals :D

Oh and start the icebreaker yourself, it's always best to lead by example and make your lie really outrageous so others will follow and think wild stuff!!

my teacher at college handed out a toilet roll and told us to pick of as many squares as we wanted (no more than five) and then when we had all picked them she told us that however many we picked was how many facts about ourselves we had to tell the group. i thought that it worked really well.:)

I like Trinitys idea's, but what ever you do, dont make them stand up and address the class. It makes them feel vunerable and uncomfortable. Maybe it's ok when everyone is not so new but certainly not on the first day in the first hour

thanku everyone for your helpful ideas x:)

If i were to attend a course/seminar an hour long i would want to squeeze every bit of info i could in that time,i wouldn't be bothered what the dude sat next to me was called ,just a thought :D x

When we run training sessions at work what we do is get loads of fuzzy bright pipe cleaners give them a few each they have to make someting out of it then briefly explain what it is!

It goes down quite well and gets the creative juices flowing :hug:

When we run training sessions at work what we do is get loads of fuzzy bright pipe cleaners give them a few each they have to make someting out of it then briefly explain what it is!

It goes down quite well and gets the creative juices flowing :hug:

thanku gemma i like that one, its just what i was looking for, something random, fun, and will appeal to all ages, thanku sooooooooooo much xx

Latest posts

Back