Need wording for a no texting sign please!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SugarMama

Reaction score
I've searched here and even googled "no cellphone sign for salons" to no avail. I've created a monster by being very lenient when clients need to text or check their phones. Now it's seriously interfering with my job and ability to stay on time. How can I address the issue without every one of my regulars thinking it's about them or getting offended? New people are easy, I'm worried about all my regulars who have had their phones out on the desk from the start.

Hmm... I feel like it needs to say something like:

Please no cell phones at the nail desk. I'm good at my job but I'm not a miracle worker, I need both hands ready and waiting for your transformation!

☺️ x

Do you need a sign?

Just say 'Would you mind putting your phone away while i do your nails please. Unless you were just wanting the one hand done today?'

maybe just keep it simple

I would do a no cellphone symbol with
'please refrain from using your cellphone in the salon'

to the point

Are you trying to prevent them from using the phones in the salon, or simply during their service? If the latter, then a simple sign saying no phone use during your service please should work.

You so right !
This is one major reasons my clients make me run late the amount of times it takes me waiting for them to text is ridiculous.
So now I start peeping both hands and once primer or so is on I say your hand have been sanitized pls don't touch ur phone or anything if tiny hairs fluff get stuck in I have to start prep again.

I have one lady who has the check to try sleep on nail table or even out her foot up once time. So rude! And I just get up go to reception and she wakes up or comes find me says I have to go by x time I say yes I giving u some privacy.
Anyhow she stopped that now.

Clients take liberties and don't appreciate fact we have lives too!

Beauty at your finger tips!

My guess is that the ones who cannot see that it's an issue to use their hands whilst receiving a nail treatment are not going to be put off by a sign. Be ready with how you will address it when they continue to do this, maybe by explaining it at the very beginning of the treatment rather than waiting for them to do it.

With the other issue I advise people to keep their hand inside the lamp if I have not finished with the other hand and I tell them why. This tends to stop the playing and subsequent problems with fluff etc.

I'll never forget walking into a beauty salon once and saw a client having their nails done whilst eating a packet of crisps.

I'd put up a no cell phone (ie a picture of a phone with a red line through it) with "unless in emergency"

Thank gosh I've never had this issue. I have a few clients who have their phone at the table, but they have kids and I don't mind - they're also good enough to make calls if it's urgent (which is usually HEAPS faster than a text)

Please, no cell phone use during your nail service.

I think you are over complicating this.. how about.

I respectfully ask that you refrain from using your mobile during treatment

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Sometimes it's not just the phone. I have to constantly remind certain clients that no you can't scratch your head, put your hand nail side down on your lap or flick your nails while I'm working on them.
Vicki x

Sometimes it's not just the phone. I have to constantly remind certain clients that no you can't scratch your head, put your hand nail side down on your lap or flick your nails while I'm working on them.
Vicki x

Me too, if I was getting my nails done I wouldn't put my hand anywhere else other than the desk! Never understand people that move their hands away and put them on their lap then end up with fluff from their jumpers 😡 xx

Me too, if I was getting my nails done I wouldn't put my hand anywhere else other than the desk! Never understand people that move their hands away and put them on their lap then end up with fluff from their jumpers �� xx

I would actually cry if someone did this to me, ha ha!

My guess is that the ones who cannot see that it's an issue to use their hands whilst receiving a nail treatment are not going to be put off by a sign. Be ready with how you will address it when they continue to do this, maybe by explaining it at the very beginning of the treatment rather than waiting for them to do it.

With the other issue I advise people to keep their hand inside the lamp if I have not finished with the other hand and I tell them why. This tends to stop the playing and subsequent problems with fluff etc.

I'll never forget walking into a beauty salon once and saw a client having their nails done whilst eating a packet of crisps.

Oh my word!!! Yes you right
At hotel I work at I have some clients who are dreadfully snotty for no reason and they talk loudly on their phones break all rules and one lady I remember came in eating Fritos which is a red staining corn chip besides fact they stink to high heaven the oils leaves on nails plus stain I just said sorry can't do ur nails they might lift and I not liable if they do please sign a disclaimer or come back tomorrow!

I worked in a salon and there were signs up in all treatment rooms, reception & nail areas... Mobile Phone Free Zone with a picture of phone crossed out. It did the job though.x

I don't have any signs up and think clients are going to get the hump about it if one suddenly appears.

The reason clients are so "rude" is because they simply don't know any better. If you put it into real terms for them most won't mind leaving both hands on the table! I say to my clients once prep is done can you keep both hands on the table as if anything touches the surface of your nails they will peel/ won't last , 99% of them don't move after this . I do allow them to look at their phone during shaping cuticle work etc but never wait for the other hand , I just say "I'll swap hands there now please" and they do :)

People are busier than ever these days, and competition is hard with every town having multiple techs to do nails. I think a little bit of comprise on both sides keeps everyone happy :)

Charge them, every time they touvh their phone or scratch it's £1 more.

Haha could you imagine... It is now company policy to charge a premium to fidgits. That's £35 for the nails +£29 for the 29 times you texted tweeted & everything else!

My sister does this when I'm doing her nails, drives me nuts!!

I totally agree with Noreen, we're providing a service and it's up to us to set the boundaries for our clients as they have busy lives too. Lots of people will sit down at the nail desk and think 'great, I can catch up on emails while I'm sat here' without realising its a problem. Personally I don't mind it at all and it doesn't slow me down I just tap the hand I need and say 'swap for me please' or 'I need those hands now' and they do. I like to keep it simple and friendly.

Ah I need a sign no iPads and games!
My client today smudged nails because of her iPad and refusal to but it down!

Completely inappropriate while having a manicure I think.
I understand a pedicure because you not using your hands!

Latest posts

Back