New Bali-sun user would like some tips

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nikki nye

Reaction score
Hi everyone, i am new to tanning (you may have seen the millions of questions that i have posted on prev).
The last tanning solution i was using was awful, so after reading lots of threads i decided to change and the one that i liked the sound of was Bali-sun, so i went out and bought 1litre of Tropical and 500ml of Evolution.
So far i have only sprayed 3 people with it. My hubby came out lovely because he had a base colour from other sprays i have done on him. My neighbour came out ok but rubbed the inside of her arm on the side of her body and now has a lovely line of different colours on inside of her arm (at the time i did not know how to correct this so she had to live with it) any tips on how to correct things like this would be much appreciated! Then i did my neighbours daughter, she came out lovely but for some reason, 3 days later the tan had all gone, so i rang bali-sun and she said she didnt know why this has happened (anyone else out their got any ideas why) as we had both done everything right (exf b4 hand and left for 8 hrs/no swimming etc) so maybe in the future it would be better if i sprayed any new clients over again very lightly once i had finished giving the initial tan. This makes sense but i will be using alot of solution this way. I would love other Bali-sun users advice on this.
I have also done a mix if 1/2 of tropical and 1/2 of evolution together for people who want a tan not too light and not too dark, i have yet to test this out on anyone yet though. Has anyone else done this?
Well i have gone on for long enough, sorry.
I would appreciate any advice you can give a newie.
Thanx.

Hi,
I use Bali Sun in the salon, do you have extractors?
I find that all both the Tropical and Evolution give great colour but be careful not to use evolution on anyone too fair as it will come out quite dark if your not sure then do a 50% mix of both which will give you a lovely colour, depending on the airbrush the results will differ. You should be able to quickly wipe over any mistakes as soon as you have sprayed and you should find that this is easy and will not leave any marks, Also are you buffing them down gently with a buffing glove at the end to remove any excess tan? We have an Evolution zone with extractors so application is very quick and drying time is very quick also.
You should not find you need to do more than 1 application but just make sure your clients are following all the after care information correctly .
Good luck with it , I also offer St Tropez Airbrushing but have found that most of the clients are now preferring the Bali Sun colour.
Hope this helps a little. XX

Honey! said:
How much is bali sun a litre?? I dont have hvpl only airbrush system.
Also who supplies it? do they have a website?

Hi Honey

I too use bali sun, have had some fab results with it, clients love the colour, it wears off well, smells ok, etc. I think I have read somewhere that its also the tan they use in Harrods salon (I think lol).

Anyway, their website is www.bali-sun.com HTH

sweetie said:
Hi,
I use Bali Sun in the salon, do you have extractors?
I find that all both the Tropical and Evolution give great colour but be careful not to use evolution on anyone too fair as it will come out quite dark if your not sure then do a 50% mix of both which will give you a lovely colour, depending on the airbrush the results will differ. You should be able to quickly wipe over any mistakes as soon as you have sprayed and you should find that this is easy and will not leave any marks, Also are you buffing them down gently with a buffing glove at the end to remove any excess tan? We have an Evolution zone with extractors so application is very quick and drying time is very quick also.
You should not find you need to do more than 1 application but just make sure your clients are following all the after care information correctly .
Good luck with it , I also offer St Tropez Airbrushing but have found that most of the clients are now preferring the Bali Sun colour.
Hope this helps a little. XX

Hi Sweetie,
Thankx for your advice. i dont use an extractor as i will be mobile and use the pop up cubicle.
i have used the tropical and have found this a bit light, so i will only use this on fair people. i have not used the evolution yet but i have done made up a mix of 50% tropical and 50% evolution and i have sprayed 3 people with this and i really like the colour, although my friend said her shin's were a big on the light side even though i paid just as much attention to them as i did on the rest of her legs so i'm gonna do them again tomorrow.
Wiv regards to mistakes, i dont make them when i am spraying, but as they are drying i might notice a line which is prob where they have rubbed themselves somewhere and i have tried to correct it without success (is there no way of correcting a mistake like this once it has started to dry?)
I've never heard of buffing anyone down afterwards, i thought any excess tan would just wash away after the developing period and so far (touch wood) this hasnt been a problem for me - can u tell me a little bit more about this!
Hope to hear from you again soon

Nikki

Honey! said:
Hello

I have read this with great interest i use heavanly bodies and i love the colour but i find it drys my skin out terribly.

How much is bali sun a litre?? I dont have hvpl only airbrush system.
Also who supplies it? do they have a website?/

sorry for lots of questions.

Honey

Hi honey
Bali sun is one of the more expensive solutions but after using it for only a couple of sprays i am really impressed. The solutions have Aloe vera, vitamins and moisturisers in them so your skin feels lovely and odour free during the developing time.
Check out the bali sun website for all their prices, the shop is in westcliffe, nr southend on sea in essex, but they do next day delivery and if you order over £100 postage is free, if under £100 u pay £6 p&p. The people there are really nice.

I have today been trying to work out how much i am going to charge.
This is what i thought.

full body
Tropical £22
50/50 £23.50 This is 50%trop and 50% evolution.
Evolution £25

Can anyone give me their opinions on my prices. Are they too high or do they look ok? I came up with these figs because the bali sun solutions are quite pricey.
I dont know of any other mobile tanners in my area (grays, essex) as none advertise in my local paper but i have got quite a few tanning salons around me and my prices are around the same as what they charge, but i am hoping that people will prefer me as i will be mobile.
Can u let me know what you charge and if u use Bali sun?

Latest posts

Back