New Brush size 10

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

salpep

Reaction score
At the moment I'm using the NSI No.8 Round Royal Precision Brush, but it's coming to the end of it's life..so I need to find a new brush.

I would like to try a slightly bigger brush a No:10 NSI don't do a 10, so if anyone could reccomended a size 10 and what you like about it..that would be fabby

:hug: x

Well firstly I have the same brush as yourself but found it too big I would say it's more a 10 than a 8 but it nay be as it has a crimped ferulle. All cnd brushes are round but if you know how you can train it to go flat I tried and tried this and tried numerous dif brushes when first starting my education and have ended up with the brush I started with a Cnd #8 , I have two of these abd also still got my royal precision, it's a great brush just a little too big for me. Xx

It's funny how we all can use the same things, but some love it or hate it.

I liked this brush a lot, I used a brush a while back which I think was a 12...it was actually very nice to use..placed the beads lovely and felt like it ready pushed the bead on the nail plate without spreading the hairs too much.

So Im going in search of a 10 lol..see how that goes x

Let me know how you get on with your search....I'm on the lookout for a new brush too but I've only ever used CND proseries #8 and I'm debating on whether to get a 10. Suppose I can't justify spending on a brush that I don't know if I will get along with especially at this time of year :hug:

Ang I trained with a pro series and switched to a ultra sculptor#10 then went with the nfu-oh one then the nsi grand royal back to a cnd10 only to go full circle and back with my#8 ,, I like to work with my brush flat as why I couldn't find right brush but now I've trained my round brush to lay flat Itsbeen fine for 6 months or so :)

If you are working well with the cnd 8 then I'd stay with Cnd and try the 10 rather than swith brands xx

I love CND's Ultra Sculptor #10. It's the best brush I've ever used. HTH! :)

I was looking at the cnd Ultra Sculptor 10...seems like a nice brush the only thing I wish it had was a lid.

x

Just be aware though that cnds brushes are round and the nsi ones are flat/crimped and you would have to adjust your brush to suit, I personally prefer a round.

I don't like lids even on the brushes I have had that came with lids I never used them , I store mine in my brush case it fits 3 brushes in of a day I simply pop under my couch roll on my desk inbetween clients and at end of day pop back inits case,,, simple :)

I use the Big Boy size 12....love a bigger brush!

This round flat thing is a bit exaggerated I think. The CND no 10 brush is superb .. the ferrule is round but the brush is as flat as you want it to be.

Same with the CND no 8 .. ferrule is round but the brush is flat.

I use both.

Yes as I said Gigi (obv not as good as you at explaining lol) my cnd #8 I have trained to work flat which is great as ive had it now for over 6months which is great.

Can I ask how do you train your brush like I have dont to work flat but go to a point at times, say for backbobbing lol,??? my brush is very stubborn he refuses to go to a point, why is this? he is very close to being traded in for a new one if he does'nt do as he's told lol:lol::lol:

xxx

Yes as I said Gigi (obv not as good as you at explaining lol) my cnd #8 I have trained to work flat which is great as ive had it now for over 6months which is great.

Can I ask how do you train your brush like I have dont to work flat but go to a point at times, say for backbobbing lol,??? my brush is very stubborn he refuses to go to a point, why is this? he is very close to being traded in for a new one if he does'nt do as he's told lol:lol::lol:

xxx

If you turn a flat brush sideways then you have two great points. I really never point my brush other than to use the corners as a point.

Once you've worked a brush flat then it's trained that way and it won't want to go into a point.

The number 10 ultra sculptor is the exception; it will work flat or pointed because of the length of the beautiful 'flags' on that brush.

Latest posts

Back