New Client Presented With 4 Greenies

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

welshmammy

Reaction score
Yesterday I had the shock of my nail career so far. I was booked to do a full set on a new client. She has 3 very pale greenies, and one slightly darker. I should mention I have never seen a greenie before. I was really careful in sanitising the nails, and lightly buffed down the discolour. The three finger nails came up really well at the end, but the thumb still had obvious discolouration after a new set of enhancements were applied. The nails were not flakey in any way, and I am satisfied it was just the surface of nails that was discoloured. I threw my files away after enhancement.
I have asked the client to come back in 7 days so I can check the discolouration. The client has been going to the local NSS for her enhancements. I told her she should complain.
It also turns out she is a practice manager in a medical surgery. I advised her about proper sanitisation proceedures in salons, she was quite shocked when she realised what the NSS had done to her.
She also informed me that most of the female staff at the surgery have enhancements done at the local NSS including the nurses.
She asked me for 15 business cards, so she could pass them to her colleagues.
Do you think I was right to apply a new set of enhancements? Or, should I have asked her to leave them off?

you did fine,
and wow what a way to get new business well done!!
as long as you removed all old existing product to get to the grenie, and then cleaned it up , it will now just be a stain, nothing more,it will just grow out,
you could have put a camaflage powder over it or they could wear an enamel until it grows out but it will be fine
well done

how did she have them removed..?

Not all greenies are the fault of the tech....so a salon isn't necessarily a NSS just cos a client got greenies.

I had a client who cracked her nail making the beds...by the time she came to me for her infill's the heat (from the warm weather) and the damp (from day to day cleaning) had made a little breading ground for the Bacteria to feed.

The stain from the bacteria poo will have to grow out and its fine to enhance over them.

you did fine,
and wow what a way to get new business well done!!
as long as you removed all old existing product to get to the grenie, and then cleaned it up , it will now just be a stain, nothing more,it will just grow out,
you could have put a camaflage powder over it or they could wear an enamel until it grows out but it will be fine
well done

Ditto on the above, well done hun:hug: would only add that maybe you could do a bit of simple nail art on the thumb. Good for you:hug:

I know they are NSS, cos before I did my nail training I had a set of L&P there myself. They ripped my nails to shreds with an E-file and cut my cuticles. I was really lucky I didn't get any kind of infection myself, apart from the obvious pain and burning. They did my set in a total of 25 minutes. They used the same drill attachments on the client who was before me. Had unmarked products, took me hours of soaking and buffing to remove them.

I had an amatures interest in nails at this point, but the sanitary aspects had not occured to me. Only realised when I did my training.

I should say the mess on my nails, encouraged me to train. So something good came out of a visit to the NSS.

I dont like to cover up any staining with custom blend or polish..the chance of it still living after sanitising is pretty unlikely..but just in case i like the client to be able to notice any changes for the worse.

Latest posts

Back