New client with damaged nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cookieface

Reaction score
A client came to me today with horrendously damaged nails, she had been having Bio Sculpture in a local salon to me for years and 6 months ago she said things started going wrong, she said the tech was really rough when buffing the bio gel for removal!! why would this tech be doing this?? grrrrrr, Yes you lightly buff UV gel but not anything else as she only had colour overlays on her natural nails, she also had what i think is a fungal infection on her thumb and her nails had been completely de-laminated, they were splitting left right and center.

532038_139757089541946_921229848_n.jpg

You do need to buff Bio sculpture before removal even if it is just colour without Uv gel just enough to make the nails appear dull.

I actually think its not down to buffing but to incorrect removal. The nail technician has clearly not followed the correct removal process which has resulted in nail damage. Most likely this could be caused by the technician not leaving enough time to remove the Bio and forcing it off resulting in the top layer of nail coming off with it.

Poor lady. As you know she will just have to take care of them and just wait until they grow out.

Sent from my HTC Desire using SalonGeek

OMG what a mess. Obviously some amateur whose either ignored her Bio Training or someone whose just decided that she can do it without being trained & is just getting her gels from somewhere other than through Bio themselves... :0 Not good.

They look very dehydrated have you tried loads of cuticle oil 4 times a day to see if they improve xx

It was done in a salon very close to *****! I'm sure they would know the salon, she said the tech would Buff so much that it would burn!
I have sent her away with cuticle oil and told her to apply it as much as possible, she's a great client and has told me she purchase all their retail products and really looks after her nails so after I had soaked off the set they had done I was shocked at what I saw!

Last edited by a moderator:
It was done in a salon very close to *****! I'm sure they would know the salon, she said the tech would Buff so much that it would burn!
I have sent her away with cuticle oil and told her to apply it as much as possible, she's a great client and has told me she purchase all their retail products and really looks after her nails so after I had soaked off the set they had done I was shocked at what I saw!

Ouch. I don't know how any salon close to ***** can offer such poor Bio Sculpture nails. I would be afraid one of the trainers would pop in!

Not to throw a spanner in the works, but sometimes clients can fib. She could have removed it herself and felt a bit foolish telling you about it and pretended a therapist did. Perhaps she picked them off?

Ouch. I don't know how any salon close to ***** can offer such poor Bio Sculpture nails. I would be afraid one of the trainers would pop in!

Well they will now!

They look very dehydrated have you tried loads of cuticle oil 4 times a day to see if they improve xx

That is not dehydration. It is bad removal, either by the technician or the client!!

I wouldn't say this is down to picking. I pick mine off (terrible I know but I would NEVER tell A client this!!!) and they never ever look anything like this. Actually after 3 years of bio they look really healthy!

Latest posts

Back