New eyelash glue...

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chazzybabe

Reaction score
Ok recently bought the lash by Francesca 1# adhesive and I used it on my cousin on Saturday, She's texted me today and told me that they have all come out, this is the first time I have used my new glue it seems to be really watery and I'm not sure If it's right... Although when I was doing her lashes her eyes were streaming I don't know If this affected the bonding?? I'm doing her lashes tomorrow with my ordinary glue from lash base to see how it works for her and will be testing the other one on my mum later on in the week to see if she has the same problem. Just seems really strange and shes
Told me she hasn't used anything on her lashes to make them come out quicker as she knows the aftercare as She's a regular to eyelash extensions, xx

Hi there.

Maybe we can tackle this by process of elimination...

1. have you cleaned her natural lashes of all protein (oil and debris)?
2. when you are isolating her natural lash, are you seeing ONE natural lash in clear view in between the legs of your tweezer with no other neigboring lash in your way?
3. are you picking up enough glue with your extension lash to be applied?
4. when you "land" your extension lash on to her natural lash are you making certain that the extension lash is "landing" perpendicular to her natural lash?
5 are you taking care to make sure that you have a good adhesion from base to tip?
6. are you vigorously shaking your glue before using it?
7. when you drop the glue on to your jade/tray/glue dispenser is the black pigment of the glue consistant and not swirling with clear liquid? (if it is, you may want to close the cap and shake it some more. If it is still not consistant, you may ask your vendor if they can replace the glue for you.)
8. I'm not quite sure what you mean by her eyes "streaming?" (sorry, I'm in US and maybe we use different lingo?) if you mean tearing and tears 'streaming' down her temples/cheeks? (just guessing here...) you may want to see if her eyes are peeping a tad and the fume is irritating her. Some people' eyes drift open when they are relaxed. So make sure their eyes are closed shut completely.
9. Also make sure that whatever you're using to tape down her lower lashes are not scraping against her eyeball and try readjusting the tape/gel pads making sure that it is not over her wetline.
10. You need to constantly dry her with a tightly woven q-tip.
If you have done all of the above and still lashes are falling off, you might want to try to spend a bit more time stripping her lashes clean of any traces of oil. Some of us are very oily and the bond may not be grabbing as well as it should and just slipping right off.

I wish you much luck!!!

Happy Lashin~~~:hug:

Last edited:
Thanks for your reply... Yea I meant watering she said her eyes always water, also this have never happened with my previous glue!

Certainly if the eyes are very watery then there is a good chance that the lashes won't last.
Let us know how you get on with it the next time you try it. Hopefully Francesca will pop on and give you some advice.
It is unlikely to be that the glue doesn't last, so most likely something has happened. My immediate guess would be that the lashes weren't dry though, but could be something else.
xxx

Ye I was thinking the same, well
I'm gonna do her another set today with my lashbase glue, and try the other one out on my mum as I think it might of been down to the watery eyes xx

Ok recently bought the lash by Francesca 1# adhesive and I used it on my cousin on Saturday, She's texted me today and told me that they have all come out, this is the first time I have used my new glue it seems to be really watery and I'm not sure If it's right... Although when I was doing her lashes her eyes were streaming I don't know If this affected the bonding?? I'm doing her lashes tomorrow with my ordinary glue from lash base to see how it works for her and will be testing the other one on my mum later on in the week to see if she has the same problem. Just seems really strange and shes
Told me she hasn't used anything on her lashes to make them come out quicker as she knows the aftercare as She's a regular to eyelash extensions, xx
Hello Chazzybabe
I would give flexilash a go its is supe and it works with no problems at all, there email is [email protected] or www.flexilash.com they are nice people to talk to and delivery is only 5/7 days
lashpro x

I think if you are unsure about the glue, I would get a willing volunteer and lash each eye with different glues! It's the only way to get an accurate comparison.

This way, you are doing the same prep, and client is following aftercare exactly the same on each eye. If everything is the same, but there is much more loss on one eye, the only difference is the glue....

Usually, this falls to a willing family member, rather than a paying client!!!:eek:

Latest posts

Back