New Girl in planet Geek!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nail Style

Reaction score
Hi

I'm taking an LCN course in Oct with a view of changing my career and eventually working from home/mobile. I have a couple of questions for you all...

1, What should I aim for as a profit margin. I have no idea how much it costs to do a set or infills. I get charged 30 to 34 depending on how many I have broken etc.

2, I know this sounds a bit like trying to run before I can walk (bit of a planner) but what have you guys found to be the successful additions to your business ie waxing spray tanning...

Thanks in advance.

hi hun

sorry i cant help you much, as im only doing mani/pedi myself waiting to train in sept/oct too

as for additions , i am getting asked all the time, do i do spray tan , facials and waxing, so im thinking once ive got enhancements out of the way next year i might try facials or waxing course etc, just to add something else to menu

im sure one of the more experienced geeks can help you , its quiet today, so later im sure youll get plenty of help x

the costings will probably something you will go over on your foundation course. obviously things such as product cost and salon overheads make huge differnces when calculating this.

additions i have found very popular are eyebrow waxing and spray tans.
any treatments that need regular maintenance will be best as you will have ongoing income from them rather than them being one off purchases. i also find that my range of jewellery seems to retail well.

Thanks girls... I was thinking about spray tan and waxing so that seems the way to go..

I love this site but getting the hang of it slowly.... so much to see and do !!! (and she works in IT) :rolleyes:

I'm starting spray tanning where I live, as I dont think that many people offer it...yet!
And as for waxing, I was so scared of waxing people when I first started on my level 2 beauty, and I really dont think these 1 day waxing courses are enough.
Try and find a course which is maybe run over a few weeks, so you can build up confidence. It is popular though, and I should think it will pay off.:green:
I still worry :eek:when faced with a bikini line, and I have been doing it two years!!

Welcome to the site Sara!!

I also offer spray tanning & I would like to train in waxing next but I am putting all my time & money into my nails first as I want to be flippin' good at one thing, rather than bad at 2!!:lol:

Hi, Everyone,

I'm new to the site too! Can't get enough of it and have been reading everything! Just recently qualified as a Nail Tech from college. Did a 36 week course and was using Calgel products although I desperately want to change to Creative as I used to get my own nails done with this product and they were fantastic! Having problems getting through to anyone at the mo, though. :cry: Am hoping to go mobile but want to really be good through experience before launching myself on the unsuspecting public!! Ha ha! :lol: Does anyone think NSI training is good? One of their Educators can come to my home for a 1:1 for £250 + VAT but can share with another Nail Tech, so suppose that's not bad. Wot does anyone else think about it?

Retired
:hug:

Just to hi and welcome to the site:)

Latest posts

Back