New John Lewis Xmas advert

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BonBon

Reaction score
The new John Lewis 2 min xmas ad is set to premiere during x-factor saturday night. I've heard that it tugs on your heart strings particularly if your a big softy like I am.
So I have taken a sneaky peek on you tube, as I didn't want to embarrass myself If I saw it with a room full of peeps and yes I blubbed.:o
Anyone else seen it? If your emotional, hormonal or just a dafty like me I bet you will - in a good way.

Maria x

I just got an email from john lewis with a link to the ad..... awwww it's so cute at the end .... and yep I had a blub too :)

I'm not feeling it lol. They've done better in previous years!! Xx

Sent from my BatPhone using SalonGeek mobile app

I watched it before.. Very cute!
Nothing will beat the one with the little boy who couldn't wait to give his pressie to his mum and dad x

I'm dreading hearing what song has been ruined this year after the previous two.

I am completely emotionally unbalanced so I'm with you on that! Must see it on YouTube first to get over it x

It's lovely, and innovative.
Same message as the little boy one; it's better to give than to receive.
It also reminds me, very much, of "The Grinch".

It was cute! But I preferred last years advert...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why oh why did I just do a bloody google search and watch it while I'm sitting waiting for my next client? Had to go outside for a restorative fag, and give myself a good slap.

Just watched it with my 6 yr old daughter. She's bawling and is in bits. It didn't do it for me though. I usually cry at anything and everything. Maybe cos its a cartoon. :cry:

It's the cartoons that get me everytime particularly if they're animals. They're are loads of them i've never watched cos i'll know I'll be a snotty mess :cry:
Watership Downs theme tune used to make me cry on top of the pops :lol:
That was a looong time ago too.

Oh dear I really shouldn't have watched it either. Pregnancy hormones mean I watched it 10 mins ago and am still crying!! Ridiculous!

It's the cartoons that get me everytime particularly if they're animals. They're are loads of them i've never watched cos i'll know I'll be a snotty mess :cry:
Watership Downs theme tune used to make me cry on top of the pops :lol:
That was a looong time ago too.

I cried my way through watership down too.
I was taken to see Bambi at the pictures as a child, and had to be taken out of the cinema as I was howling too much. Bloody Disney, always kills off the parents, sadistic beggar.

I'll admit, cartoons make me cry more than normal films, and all those little animals having Christmas.....:cry:

Oh for Gawd's sake………I better go and watch it and see what the fuss is about. : ) I'll be back.

Sorry wag advert is it? I'm looking on yt?

I cried my way through watership down too.
I was taken to see Bambi at the pictures as a child, and had to be taken out of the cinema as I was howling too much. Bloody Disney, always kills off the parents, sadistic beggar.

I'll admit, cartoons make me cry more than normal films, and all those little animals having Christmas.....:cry:

Is it this bear and hare business? Is this the right one which is reducing you all to tears?

Are you kidding me! You cried over that? You load of softies. lol

I don't think it's anything special x

I too initially thought I must actually be a really hard cow as everyone was saying how emotional they were getting at watching and I was like really??????

But then on reflection and really looking at what was going on I too smiled to myself got emotional and thought what a lovely advert lol....

The tale opens as winter is starting to draw in and the fun and excitement of preparing for Christmas begins.....

As the first snowflake falls and lands on the bear’s nose, the hare starts to feel sad because he realises his friend will soon go off to hibernate, so – as usual - missing Christmas......

While the bear is keen to join in, eventually he finds he cannot hold off his winter sleep any longer and disappears into his cave.....

Viewers see the bear fast asleep while all the other woodland creatures become excited about the big day to come......

The sad bit..... The hare fears that the bear is missing out, so he comes up with a bright idea

The Best friend bit.....Carrying a gift, the hare follows the bear into the wilderness where he is in hibernation....

However, the hare is missing his friend and finds it increasingly difficult to join in the preparations until the moment he has a great idea for a very special present.....

He disappears off in to the wilderness to return with the gift – an alarm clock – which wakes the bear just in time to gather around a beautifully decorated tree to celebrate with all his friends.....

The commercial, carries the strapline ‘Give someone a Christmas they’ll never forget’......

The story evokes the excitement of a first Christmas and the importance of friendship and thoughtfulness.’

The Tearjerker bit ....The alarm clock means that for the very first time the bear is awake for Christmas

Call me sentimental but I shed a little tear too x

I will have to watch it cos the description makes me think what the heck is everyone crying about?!! Lol

Latest posts

Back