new NVQ standards!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

helenlovesnails

Reaction score
hello!

Just wondered if anyone could explain to me the new NVQ qualifications as im a bit confused!
i know you can do a seperate nail nvq now, i completed beauty therapy levels 2 and 3 recently, and did unit 19 advanced nails. is this the same qualification as the new NVQ?
and if not is it worth me doing the sperate NVQ?

Thanks!

If you have the older NVQ you can do add on modules if you wish with the new NVQ.....
Give Rachel aka Chocolate a shout or Marian aka Mum..........
They are in the know !!!!!!

Should be getting the new nvq books any day now! Mind you they have been saying that since september, sorry guys! Until i have them, im not sure whats required, but i do know that the units are optional, if you have unit 19 (Great!) you can opt to take other units such as nail art etc If you get Pro Nails, there was an artical this month that tells you more.

Will know more soon!

It's just not straight forward is it???? :irked:

The old stuff was part of NVQ in Beauth Therapy i.e. Manicure/Pedicure and Artificial Nails.

The new stuff is Nail Services Levels 2 (manicure, pedicure, fibreglass, basic nail art) and 3 (all systems, maintenence, advanced nail art and designing nails for various events)

B19, although no longer available, will always be relevant but is very different from the new units.

B19 can be used 'towards' the new stuff. It basically concentrates on 1 system. The only single system that can be done now is fibreglass (Level 2) At Level 3 all systems must be done in depth and the maintenance bit is a separate unit.

I totally support the new stuff because it's here and there's not a lot thatcan be done but............need I say more ;)

Marian

will all colleges have to offer this then , coz i havent found any round me that do the unit 19 , let alone anything else,
if it is going to be compulsory i hope the colleges get their bums into gear , luckily i am sure u can do it throught creative (i think )

Latest posts

Back