New Shellac colours

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rosy cheeks

Reaction score
Hi..

Have any of you seen the new A/W Shellac colours yet?

This isn't a good photo, but CND posted this on Instagram last night and the response wasn't a good one!

Attachments

• cnd.jpg
    cnd.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 6,454
I Iike the midnight swim.and violet one

I was hoping for some pastel shades bit disappointed that they are all dark shades.

I quite like them and call me one side or myopic even but isn't autumn/winter colours usually dark anyway?

I do agree with u that shellac does lack a wider shade of colours such as oranges, playful blues and of course pastels.

Hi..

Have any of you seen the new A/W Shellac colours yet?

This isn't a good photo, but CND posted this on Instagram last night and the response wasn't a good one!

Ooooh love them! Favs so far are copper one, blue and violet.... love that cnd choose colours that will stand the test of time.

Ooooh love them! Favs so far are copper one, blue and violet.... love that cnd choose colours that will stand the test of time.

I feel the same way. The colours will stand the test of time. None of these faddy colours that are gone after one season and your still stuck with a bottle full :(
Vicki x

I quite like them and call me one side or myopic even but isn't autumn/winter colours usually dark anyway?

I do agree with u that shellac does lack a wider shade of colours such as oranges, playful blues and of course pastels.

With CND Additives you will be able to create loads of playful, bright colours like oranges and pastels.
The new colours are along with the other colours are a fantastic base for your imagination the combinations are endless :)

I can't wait for these to come out! C'mon autumn! :D

Love love love them!! Ooh can't wait!! :D

I quite like them.. I think my clients will like them.. Would have liked some pastels but i think these will be popular.. Im excited about the dark blue.. Get lots of requests for navy :)

They're bound to be dark for autumn/winter and the Green and Blue look awesome but the others look pretty boringly similar to some others.

Saying that Ill buy them all the same as I just love Shellac!

I'm reserving judgement until I see them in the flesh so to speak as we all know photos don't do colours justice. I like the idea of the midnight blue, the green and violet, the others I feel are very close to colours we already have.

I will certainly wait to see them. I was disappointed with the last 6 colours and I have only used 2 of them once since I got them at the show in March. I hardly do any Shellac now, all my ladies want Gelish or OPI Gelcolor. No agenda, just fact. I have this feeling that my Shellac colours are going to be sitting there doing nothing. :sad:

I will certainly wait to see them. I was disappointed with the last 6 colours and I have only used 2 of them once since I got them at the show in March. I hardly do any Shellac now, all my ladies want Gelish or OPI Gelcolor. No agenda, just fact. I have this feeling that my Shellac colours are going to be sitting there doing nothing. :sad:

Absolutely 100% in agreement with you.

Absolutely 100% in agreement with you.

I think the colours just seem to be the same. I was hoping the same some vibrant summer colours. I think the younger generation struggle and like some funky colours. xxx

I like the green one. I can see me wearing that a lot in the autumn/winter. Like the blue too. I suppose I am just in full summer mode at the moment so looking at dark colours doesnt inspire me just yet.

Its really hard to tell what they will be like so, like others I'll wait to see what they look like in the flesh!

I do so much layering, rockstars etc that it doesnt worry me if the colours aren't following fashion, fashions come and go too quickly anyway (take fish pedicures!!). So as long as its they are all round, long lasting colours thats what counts for me.

Karaxxx

Like most people, I love bright colours... during summer. However, I'd far rather have a stock of classic colours with longevity rather than those that'll be in and out of fashion before you can blink. Winter isn't really the time for neons and whatnot anyway, so I think these are perfect.

Also, the availablility of additives (so excited!), glitters and layering make exhausting all the different options nigh on impossible.

I was really hoping for pastels or cool colours. Yes, I use mica powders to create the spring and summer colours, and yes, the additives will be lovely but it would be nice not have to mix and match.

I personally feel CND have hit the nail on the head with this launch. It's an autumn/winter launch and we are getting autumn/winter colours.

The last 2 launches in my opinion were the wrong way round. The autumn 2011 launch should have been out in spring 2012 and the spring 2012 launch should have been back in autumn 2011.

I can't wait for midnight swim, pretty poison or vexed violette. Sugared spice looks very similar to iced cappuccino to me but who knows, when I see it in the flesh it might look completely different!

Latest posts

Back