New Shellac polishes with hard brushes

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Janinestaples

Reaction score
Ladies some of my wands/brushes are hard, during the course the teacher used either scrub fresh or isopropyl alcohol to clean it but I'm not sure which, can anyone help?

Thx

Apparently this is a coating cnd have started recently. I was told to you dsperse by sweet squared xx

You sometimes find this when you open a brand new bottle. Just saturate a lint free or plastic backed pad with disperse and work the shellac brush back and forwards until all the residue has been cleaned off the brush and the bristles are nice and flexible.

It is not really acceptable that these instructions are not on the products, I had probllems with 2 out of the 5 new colours, just glad I read this thread :irked:

It is not really acceptable that these instructions are not on the products, I had probllems with 2 out of the 5 new colours, just glad I read this thread :irked:

Well as soon as I opened a new bottle a couple of months back I noticed and rang sweet squared straight away and got the answer to sort this out. If you had rang them (which I would if I believed I had a problem)they would have informed u x only a quick phonecall x

So glad I came across this tonight! I recently opened a new bottle of cream puff and the brush was horrible. It was in front of a client, too! I kind of fumbled around with it until it softened up. When I get to the salon tomorrow, I'll take a better look at it. But yes, I sure wish I would have been aware of this so I could have dealt with it properly, instead of in front of the client.

Well as soon as I opened a new bottle a couple of months back I noticed and rang sweet squared straight away and got the answer to sort this out. If you had rang them (which I would if I believed I had a problem)they would have informed u x only a quick phonecall x
Sorry but I do not agree with this, if CND have changed the product it should be clearly noted in the instructions after all how many times are techs critiscised for not giving clients aftercare advice!!!!!

Sorry but I do not agree with this, if CND have changed the product it should be clearly noted in the instructions after all how many times are techs critiscised for not giving clients aftercare advice!!!!!

But why would you continue with a product that you deemed different, wrong or not satisfactory? I didn't that why I called s2 x

CND haven't changed the product at all, the brushes have always been packed this way to prevent damage during the long transit.
With most of the brushes they will soften during a good vigorous shake.
I have been using CND Shellac since its launch nearly 3 years ago and have only had a handful of brushes that I have had to clean with IPA and these have mostly been Top Coatvnot colours.

But why would you continue with a product that you deemed different, wrong or not satisfactory? I didn't that why I called s2 x
I did call them, but what I am saying is these were not faulty products, CND have made a fundamental change to the product, probably for very good reason so we should have been informed.

S2 do not work in the evenings which is when I came across the problem and it is not good to have to tell a clint that they cannot have the colour they have just fallen in love with because we have not been informed about the change :Love:

CND haven't changed the product at all, the brushes have always been packed this way to prevent damage during the long transit.
With most of the brushes they will soften during a good vigorous shake.
I have been using CND Shellac since its launch nearly 3 years ago and have only had a handful of brushes that I have had to clean with IPA and these have mostly been Top Coatvnot colours.

I agree with this!

The first time it happened to me I was with a client, so just used the brush from an older bottle of top coat and cleaned it later.

I used good old fashioned common sense and cleaned it with a little isopropyl alcohol ;)

I agree with what An*Gel and Klassy Klaws have said. Its not something new, theyve been doing it since the start.

Ive been using shellac for 2 years now and I've only had one bottle like this. I used IPA to clean it and what do you know good as new. That's was purely common sense. I rang s2 the next day to check what I'd done was correct and they said yes.

Thus exact subject has been raised on here several times before as well so its not a newly discussed subject either.

Xx

I agree with what An*Gel and Klassy Klaws have said. Its not something new, theyve been doing it since the start.

Ive been using shellac for 2 years now and I've only had one bottle like this. I used IPA to clean it and what do you know good as new. That's was purely common sense. I rang s2 the next day to check what I'd done was correct and they said yes.

Thus exact subject has been raised on here several times before as well so its not a newly discussed subject either.

Xx
I really don't want to be argumentative about this but at no point in any of my training have I ever been told to use IPA on my shellac brushes so why would I do this? Also I have never seen this problem mentioned on this forum.

I have been using shellac for nearly 2 years and this is the first time I have come across it. I stand by the fact that there should be something in the instructions.

I really don't want to be argumentative about this but at no point in any of my training have I ever been told to use IPA on my shellac brushes so why would I do this? Also I have never seen this problem mentioned on this forum.

I have been using shellac for nearly 2 years and this is the first time I have come across it. I stand by the fact that there should be something in the instructions.

If that's the way you feel then maybe sending a message to s2 or even to CND themselves is the way to go. Xx

I always check my products, open bottles etc when I receive them as it is hard to rectify any problems at a later date.

I had this problem with a new colour this morning, wish I had read this thread before, scared of wiping the brush with 'lint free wipes' they never are lint free :Scared:

Latest posts

Back