New to Shellac, advice on price to charge?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi geeks,
I'm about to go on a shellac/minx course and would like to know average price to charge? I am based in a salon and do a few mobile clients. I know a local girl who does mobile shellac for £15 is this about right? And should I charge more or less for salon? Thanks in advance :p

The going rate where I am
in Essex is £20, there are some that do £15 tho. I think you could maybe charge £20 for mobile to cover your petrol etc??

Thanks, is the price you charge salon or mobile?

I am mobile and will charge £20 for shellac (after I have done my course on Thursday :))

£20 is about average, dont sell yourself too short as its harder to raise your prices than it is to put an offer on. Xx

I charge £22 for standard shellac one colour and add bit more for art, glitter etc.. I'm mobile and have a home salon.

Thanks for your help everyone :biggrin:

Do you charge more for layering?

I charge £30 for CND Shellac...and my clients think that is very reasonable...one of them told me that she used to pay £52 in her old salon! :eek:

Do a little search of salons in your area and you'll get an idea of how much to charge.

I'm based in Central London at a hair salon.

I charge £20 for one colour, £22 for French/rock star/additives and an extra £5 for brisa lite smoothing. I have separate pricing for nail art now after a telling off from fellow geeks for giving it away for free lol

I charge £20 for one colour, £22 for French/rock star/additives and an extra £5 for brisa lite smoothing. I have separate pricing for nail art now after a telling off from fellow geeks for giving it away for free lol

Do your prices include the basic manicure or do you charge extra for this? I am doing my CND Shellac Training in Birmingham next Tuesday so was just looking at my prices.

They should always include this. The full CND Shellac service includes a good PEP. Without it you may not get the results you should.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Mobile, does this Birmingham training centre offer CND complete too? I'm desperate to find a centre closer than Manchester.

Mobile, does this Birmingham training centre offer CND complete too? I'm desperate to find a centre closer than Manchester.

I'm not sure! I am doing the course through Ellison's.
Try calling Ellison's or go direct to Sweet Squared they maybe able to advise of a training centre close to you. X

I just have to ask, those charging £15 -£20 for your mobile shellac service, how do you make money??? It seems like when you factor in travel time, gas, extra time to set up/put things away, and the hassle it is for you to lug everything around for the convenience of your clients so they don't have to go anywhere (yes, that should be factored in!), product expenses, and your expertise and training, you're making minimum wage or less.

Rather than charging what everyone else charges, it would be better to do the math on your expenses and then figure out what how much you want to earn by the hour, given your expertise and training. How can it be that mobile people and people who work in a salon charge the same? It should always be that the mobile people charge more!

I just have to ask, those charging £15 -£20 for your mobile shellac service, how do you make money??? It seems like when you factor in travel time, gas, extra time to set up/put things away, and the hassle it is for you to lug everything around for the convenience of your clients so they don't have to go anywhere (yes, that should be factored in!), product expenses, and your expertise and training, you're making minimum wage or less.

Rather than charging what everyone else charges, it would be better to do the math on your expenses and then figure out what how much you want to earn by the hour, given your expertise and training. How can it be that mobile people and people who work in a salon charge the same? It should always be that the mobile people charge more!

I am no longer mobile (old name and can't be changed on Salon Geek) I have done my coatings but they seemed high compared to quotes I have sourced in my area so just want to compare! I'm starting with an offer and then once I have more experience I will be charging the price on my website/leaflets which are higher...

I hate sorting the pricing, it's so hard no to undersell yourself but also make profit and not turn customers away just because they can get it cheaper down the road or by someone that can visit them in their home :(

As has been said so many times before, start as you intend to go on. IMHO I do not see how therapists can really charge only £15 for such a remarkable product and service. I also personally think lower prices do not do the brand any favours. This is only my opinion, however and no offence intended to peeps who do charge £15.

Shellac is an excellent product and unique in what it does and it is also by no means inexpensive for the therapist to purchase. Why don't you offer an introductory price of £20 whilst you practise and become confident in your Shellac service. Advertise this offer for a set period of time eg. 3 months with notification that you will charge £22 or £25 after this period. This gives you a chance to bring in a clientele and show them how good you are.

I charge £25 mobile. I have just put a special offer on for shellac fingers and toes for £40. Im going to see how it goes but will probably put this offer on idenfinitely just because this is how much I keep hearing everyone near me is paying if they don't come to me...

I can't see how people can make profit from £15 though, a bottle of ONE colour is more than that and when you have all the colours it really is difficult to make your money back and start making a profit.x

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Yesterday on my CND complete course we were shown how to charge for the service. Maybe that will be part of your course to? I personally will charge way more than £15 when I start out

I don't take offence from any comment, I just take it as advice from people already offering the service and making a living from it! So please don't worry about offering your view, we are here to help each other and I am new to this area of treatments!

I have put an offer of £20 for the first 15 Shellacs booked, advising what my price will be after that!
I think this should do the trick :)

Latest posts

Back