New tutorial.. SNOW FLAKES!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Christie's Nails

Reaction score
It is a little late but I finally got it posted.
Check it out!

Snow Flake Tutorial

9art22.jpg

Wow they look fab and thank you for the tutorial i cant wait to practice tonight now x x x x

oooohh what Fab little snowflakes! Excellent work Christie, Can I ask how you get such Perfect smile lines with glittery gel?

Christie - you make it all so easy for us, we love you, thanks! xxx

I love your work Christie :hug: and for once heres one I can already do :D
Been wearing these for a few days now... still gott perfect your Poinsettia's :o

Attachments

• Snowflakes.jpg
    Snowflakes.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 614
there lovely wish i could do such perfect smile lines :o

Oh i like your variation to glorsclaws

christie very nice thanks for the tutorial its good to share ideas. In the tutorial you had blue glittery tips on your nails which were really nice what did you use to do your tips?

Thanks for this Christie and Glors - ive just finished some beautiful nails (forgot piccy !!) my client has gorgeous long nail beds and usually has pink and white extensions but for her rebalance she wanted boogie nights melrose place to replace the white - they come so alive once buffed and shiny dont they - absolutely yummy - and .... she saw the example snowflakes (courtesy of you guys - THANKS) and we ended up doing these ontop of melrose on her ring fingers - plus a diamonte in the middle - absolutely stunning (her words !)

Thank you !

oh by the way - im currently wearing boogie nights DyNo Mite and had to try a snowflake on them !! i put a black snowflake, with clear diamonte in middle, on my thumb to one side ...... if you havent tried diffrent coloured snowflakes, do, the black really stands out and is just as gorgeous, though dyno mite probably too busy as a background !

kx

totally cool in other colors.. darn fogot to mention that in tutorials. Snow flakes look really cool in blue too.. with a little silver glitter polish.

your nails are soooooooooooooo pretty.

RedAdmiral said:
oooohh what Fab little snowflakes! Excellent work Christie, Can I ask how you get such Perfect smile lines with glittery gel?

thank you!
I use colored acrylic powders and glitters. I carve the smile line with a carbide bit... so smile is perfect and crisp. It is called Reverse Application.

Oooh thanks Christie! They're sooo simple and really pretty! I had a go myself last night and they are great to do! I've put my first attempts in the gallery as I can't put them here 'cause I'm not a premium geek.

Christie's Nails said:
thank you!
I use colored acrylic powders and glitters. I carve the smile line with a carbide bit... so smile is perfect and crisp. It is called Reverse Application.
Hi christie what make product do you use it look lovely(for the coloured glitter tips) Oh and any chance of a tutorial for the reversal thechnique for smile lines you spoke about that would be ace as I have never seen this before and your smile lines always look so nice (well jealous ;) )

Thank you!
Yes I have a tutorial for reverse application on my educational site. I am aiming for the first of the year for it to be fully operational.

I use colored powders and glitter from Young Nails.

OHHH yipieeeeeee that sounds great cant wait to see it!!!!! Havent heard of young nails do they have a web site? Do you use gels or acrylics with the glitter? sorry for all the questions Just love your nails and would love to know what you use, oh and your photographs are always so clear, what camera do you use? I have a nikon 5700 but havent a clue how to work all the settings I jsut tend to stick to the same ones. You should do a tutorial on photographing nails too lol as yours look so good you could teach me a thing or two about getting the best out of your photos lol!!! My photos are clear but sometimes they dont pick up on the detail I want to show or the flash ruins the look by reflecting off of the nail so I end up with a big white flash in the picture arghhhh so frustrating,(tried turning flash off then piccies seem a little orange lol

love the tutorial christie, thanks im off too practice.
zoe

Hi Lucy,

Young Nails have a distributor in the UK. Go to the links and you will find them there

Karen
Light Elegance UK :)

Glo...(and Christie!) Smashing work! :)
But Glo in partic......Wot U done them in luv?
Is that L&P?
Or have ya got the bug for Fabric#????
(still lookin for a lift in the suitcase!!!!!)
:)

loo said:
OHHH yipieeeeeee that sounds great cant wait to see it!!!!! Havent heard of young nails do they have a web site? Do you use gels or acrylics with the glitter? sorry for all the questions Just love your nails and would love to know what you use, oh and your photographs are always so clear, what camera do you use? I have a nikon 5700 but havent a clue how to work all the settings I jsut tend to stick to the same ones. You should do a tutorial on photographing nails too lol as yours look so good you could teach me a thing or two about getting the best out of your photos lol!!! My photos are clear but sometimes they dont pick up on the detail I want to show or the flash ruins the look by reflecting off of the nail so I end up with a big white flash in the picture arghhhh so frustrating,(tried turning flash off then piccies seem a little orange lol

Hey a photography tutorial is a good idea! Hmmmm

I use both gels and acrylics from YN. The distibutor in the UK is..

Distinctive Nail Products
Lisa Dodd
*38 St Andrews Road South
*St Annes On Sea
*Lytham st Annes
*Lancashire
*United Kingdom * * * * * * *
*FY8 1PS * * * * * * * * * *
Tel: +44 1253 789729 / 789255
Tel/FAX +44 1253 789255
[email protected]

Woooo Hoooo Christie.... your snowflakes are taking over the (geek) world! :lol:

Jacky said:
Glo...(and Christie!) Smashing work! :)
But Glo in partic......Wot U done them in luv?
Is that L&P?
Or have ya got the bug for Fabric#????
(still lookin for a lift in the suitcase!!!!!)
:)
Jacky.... they just natural nails hun, reason ring finger is hidden in pic is cos its sporting a purple l&p, glitter stiletto :wink2: ... I just cant make my mind up what to go with for Xmas :rolleyes:

Latest posts

Back