New Year Business Resolutions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Verve Designs

TAFNO Extensionize
Reaction score
I know this is slightly premature (no jokes!)- but whats your New Year Business Resolution?

I dont mean things like "make more money" or "get more clients"- I mean things like having better time-management or retaining more clients to even more esoteric things like being firmer with awkward clients or spending less time working and getting the work/life balance right.

mine is to look across all areas of my business and to work smarter.

tigi

Mine is to make sure that I am charging enough to cover my time for any work I do, and to get to a position where I can bring in enough money from my business so as to not need to take on any more office-based consultancy work again.

mine is to less messy, throw things away and to be more time conscious.

I'm actually starting my resolutions now!

Every year I tell myself that I have to be more organised with paperwork etc... So now, after taking advantage of a couple of snow days, I have all my paperwork in order! I have organised my New Year promotions too so i'm a happy bunny! Whilst being snowed in I gave my studio a really good spring clean, organising my cupboards and drawers etc so thats another boxed ticked!!

My other resolution is too be firmer with 'friends' who ask for treatments....I am terrible at charging full price to anyone who is even a loose connection to me!!! I have actually decided that it will be easier not to 'friends' as its become too stressful! From now on only my mum and mother in law will receive free treatments. My very very close friends have always paid half price and i'm happy with that...as its only a few and we usually combine their treatments with a good catch up!

Looking forward to hearing other geeks resolutions!

I forgot to mention mine! ...which is, im almost certain I can do more and work less...if that makes sense. It'll take some figuring out but im sure I can squeeze more efficiency out of my day!

I forgot to mention mine! ...which is, im almost certain I can do more and work less...if that makes sense. It'll take some figuring out but im sure I can squeeze more efficiency out of my day!

Brilliant idea! I really need to do that too. In my case, I seriously need to look at outsourcing a lot of the "nitty gritty" work that pretty much anyone can do, so I can focus on the advanced stuff that I find a lot more interesting (such as Java software design).

Mine is to stop getting sidetracked by logging onto Salon Geek for a "quick" look and still be sitting on my laptop 2 hours later!

But seriously,

I plan to keep up to date with my paperwork and have REGULAR marketing drives, planned well in advance.

I currently wait until things are quiet then panic and go all out with my advertising. Next year, I intend to do a little, and often.

Well, that's the plan anyway

Elaine

Mine is to put my prices up! Oh and to manage my time better, in the summer it was getting stupid, I need to be more firm and business like, rather than fitting everyone in and getting no time for cleaning, seeing friends etc. Otherwise I am going to end up packing it all in, around where I am everything is so seasonal, the summer is jam packed full and winter it slows down, its same for everyone, in summer people have more money here so they spend out more. Of cource i have my lovely regulars who I adore who keep me busy throught the winter.So I am going to brace myself for it a bit better this year and do some massive orders in before summer so I dont have to keep ordering things in through the busy time. x

I am going to put my prices up, re-do my brochures, gift vouchers and appointment cards is the first thing on my list.

The second is putting my two manager through an NVQ team managers qualification so that they are working to full capacity and managing the rest of the staff.

Thirdly, getting my books up to date with the help of the managers and getting the team to be more pro-active in building their client bases and retailing more as part of their roles.

And finally, managing my time better and getting better from my cancer.

getting better from my cancer.

Put that at number one!! and get well soon from us all.

"I currently wait until things are quiet then panic and go all out with my advertising. Next year, I intend to do a little, and often."

thats a good shout too- Im rarely "quiet"- but a sense of panic does creep in when im slightly less manic than usual. It's realising that things are cyclical and I should enjoy the times where im not working 12 hours days! :)

Total beauty..wishing you a speedy recovery also, and a happy and healthy new year! x

I intend to get into social networking and start promoting my business properly. I haven't needed it yet, but that's no reason not to have a profile.

Mine is to stop putting myself under so much pressure!

Thanks for all your good wishes, lets hope it helps with my recovery.

Mines is to keep a check on my finances - if i can't afford it, then i shouldn't buy it!! I want EVERYTHING and NOW!
xx

Mines is to keep a check on my finances - if i can't afford it, then i shouldn't buy it!! I want EVERYTHING and NOW!
xx

Lol I'm with you on that one!

Mine are to put more structure into my business - to set more targets, do more planning and really put my treatments under the spotlight so I know where I can save. Even if everything doesn't go exactly according to plan it'll give me a much better understanding of my business.

I also need to up-sell more and do more to promote other treatments/vouchers etc to clients! x

Latest posts

Back