Newby to lashes!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shelleymclapo

Reaction score
Hi all,

I did lash training today with a college in Liverpool, Its not 'brand specific', and i got a Marvel kit from the wholesalers. My tutor gave me really positive feedback.....i managed approx 30-35 lashes in 1 1/2 hours x

How long do you think it will be...or did it take you...you master this technique? I found it really 'fiddly' and kept dropping the gap either side of the single lash hahahaha xxx

Any help/tips really appreciated

Thanks x Shell x

Oh believe me when I first trained I couldn't even hold the tweezers properly lol.
As long as your dedicated and have patience, then you'll pick it up quickly. Once you get quicker you will find it much quicker to purchase a faster drying glue as well.
I think I did 7 full sets before I felt confident to start charging clients.
Enjoy
x

Hey, welcome to the wonderful world of lashing!!:lol:
I too did a similar course, and started with a marvel kit - I reckon it took me 6 months to get truly competent with the technique, and about a year to get my speed up... Just practise as much as you can, on as many different types of lashes and eye shapes as possible! Take lots of pictures too, so you can track your progress...
I did a refresher course after a year, which helped with troubleshooting, and new tips and tricks.
HTH...Good luck!

Thank you both :)

Ive got my Guinea pigs lined up lol x Doing another set tomorrow! x

I did my first model on sunday since my training last Monday and I struggled much more than on my training. The models eyelashes were pointing in all different directions and the lashes I had isolated kept pinging away. They look ok but I need to put more lashes on.
After that experience I need to practice practice practice. Any help with how to isolate lashes when they go every which way would be appreciated.
I have another model tomorrow, so hopefully it will be ok.
Fingers crossed !!!

I did my first model on sunday since my training last Monday and I struggled much more than on my training. The models eyelashes were pointing in all different directions and the lashes I had isolated kept pinging away. They look ok but I need to put more lashes on.
After that experience I need to practice practice practice. Any help with how to isolate lashes when they go every which way would be appreciated.
I have another model tomorrow, so hopefully it will be ok.
Fingers crossed !!!

Im the same.....When i did my training i struggled to isolate, pick up the lash...glue....without loosing the pre-isolated lash grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr! lol x
I THINK/HOPE this will come with plenty of practice & patience! lol x

Good luck with yours xxx

lol @ guinnea pigs!

It's not easy but the sense of achievement is truly rewarding .. so keep at it!

Happy lashing
Francesca

Latest posts

Back