Newly trained but not happy and need a refresher already!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

greekgirl

Reaction score
Hello!

Im a newly trained mobile spray tanner! Have been dying to get started and just finished my training (two weeks ago).I won't mention the brand ive trained with as i wasn't too happy. The training on day was with 8 girls and you only watched trainer apply once and i couldn't see too well as all of us crowding around a tent. So not yet confident to start the growing list of girls waiting!

Really wanted to see if there anyone would be interested in coming to me for one to one training, would not need to be full on and just interested in a good routine, i have the full kit already and understand the machines etc etc!

Im also not decided on which solution to go with yet. Have all the samples but still not convinced.

many thanks :)

Hi greekgirl,

I can sympathise! My first training was in a group, we didn't even all get to practice and I came away very disappointed.

I paid to train again with Wow Factor and I have to say I was much more confident after. The training was just me and a friend and we were training all day!! Did two models each and lots of theory.

To be perfectly honest the best 'training' is practice practice practice...but I would definitely pay to train again to you are more confident.

The one good thing that came out of my first training was someone mentioned this site- I wouldn't have found it otherwise!!

Good luck

Sx

Hi there, have a look at these tutorials on utube http://http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=spray+tan+tutorial&aq=f

Does your manual have a written description of the way they apply the solution. I think that once you have done it a few times you will fall into you own little routine, I don't do it in exactly the way I was shown, and lots of other tanners will tell you the same. Watch a few of the tutorials, and then get a few friends round and give them a free tan, once you have done it a few times, your confidence will rise and you will feel a lot better about it!! a few more if you still feel you need to, or re do their tan after a week, and you will be on your way, everyone is nervous when they do their first few!! don't worry you will be fine, best of luck xx

Oh I use Suntana, worth getting a sample to try out! x

thanks for your quick reply! So you trained again, that's really annoying isn't it!

I don't really want a full on course - im happy with the theory, i just need a good few times with a trainer on the application routine! Everything else im happy with!

Got four in tonight for practice, so lets see!

greekgirl
xxx

@ Ruth! yes ive been solidly on youtube! I'm just scared of arms and legs right now - im happy with torso/back!

im still finishing off a bottle of st topez limited edition dark! So really trying to match this colour!

thanksxx

Last edited by a moderator:
For me arms are the hardest...even now I am still mastering them trying out different routines etc.

If you have 4 tonight thats good going, I wasn't confident to do 4 straight away! Are they friends?

To be honest that really is the best way, but it is good to have someone watching you to make sure.

Tonight just think logically and really think about where you are aiming your gun - sounds silly but it makes sense! As long as you have all areas covered the tans tonight will be fine, then you can work on your technique / routine as you do more ladies.

Sx

I know you are a distance from me, but if you in the area or pop to the city of Bath (i am 15 mins from Bath), I will happily show you method etc without all the other info if you dont need it. You probably know more than you believe to be honest, panic and doubt can set in and then it snowballs psychologically....maybe try on friends/family as suggested even drawer a diagram of method you prefer so far and practice, even spraying, gun set correctly Im sure you can get your mojo back! but please get in touch if you want any info or practice on method, all the best

thanks guys!:hug:! really nice to get the re-assurance! have just found a super american vid on youtube with a brilliant tutorial! best ive seen! already feel better! I had trouble seeing the arm as four sections iykwim... was just looking it at it as one nighmare shape :lol: which could cause me trouble.

if anyone new needs a good video pm me for the link!

thanks again! will report back

greekgirl
xx

ps if im ever near bath would love to stop by

Hi Summerlove

I was your Wow Factor trainer. If you ever need further help or advice you are always welcome to come over to me and I can go through anything again, no charge of course. I'm only down the road.

Hi Greekgirl

Not sure where you are in London but I'm only a 50 minute train journey away if you ever need help with your application and technique.

Jackie

hi jackie - could you pm me with any details for a refresher. im going to see what happens tonight with my friends tans.... but would like to have any info anyway.
many thanks:)

Hi Jackie!

Hope you are well.

Me and Lucy are loving spray tanning, both doing new clients all the time with repeat bookings which is great. Hoping to open the salon early next year :):)

Your training really was fab, think we have pretty much mastered it completely but I also think there is always something to learn/improve on.

How is the lash training going, we'll be doing that next, are you going to be a trainer?

Sx

Hi Summerlove

I'm really pleased your doing so well. I've got a few clients where you are and keep driving past 'your soon to be salon' to see if it's open yet.

I haven't got any plans to become a trainer for eyelash extensions. Too busy to be honest, just haven't got the time to fit in everything that I already do at the moment. Not doing as many sets of eyelashes as I would like.

I'm just about to employ someone to help me with the tanning so I can take on doing more sets of lashes. My two years of hard work has really started to pay off now.

Anyway, keep in touch. I'm always on the end of the phone if you ever have a problem.

Jackie x

Hello!

Im a newly trained mobile spray tanner! Have been dying to get started and just finished my training (two weeks ago).I won't mention the brand ive trained with as i wasn't too happy. The training on day was with 8 girls and you only watched trainer apply once and i couldn't see too well as all of us crowding around a tent. So not yet confident to start the growing list of girls waiting!

Really wanted to see if there anyone would be interested in coming to me for one to one training, would not need to be full on and just interested in a good routine, i have the full kit already and understand the machines etc etc!

Im also not decided on which solution to go with yet. Have all the samples but still not convinced.

Hi All

I've been a lurking geek for the past couple of weeks whilst waiting eagerly to start my spray tan course, so this is my 1st post.

My training day was early this week and like greekgirl I was unable to see what the trainer was doing on her one demonstration (very small room taken up by a very large boardroom table, high back chairs, no room to move and the tent taking up the only remaining space) there were 8 of us training. It would have been more beneficial if there was less hard selling of the company's products/kits and more time on demonstrations/ practice.

Overall it was quite a disappointing day, I felt bewildered at first and after spending
a couple of hours 'lurking' on the forum I felt a lot better after I realised that there's a
wealth of experience and support on here, so I'm now over it and I've arranged to practice on lots of family/friends over the weekend......practice makes perfect!

Kathie

Hi Kathie!

Take a look at my profile page as i found a useful video - which has helped me get through my practice bodies.

I have decided to do some refresher training too. As i just want this to get off to a good start and confidence is the key for me.

Good Luck!!

I read the title, have not read all 13 posts, but as a holistic therapy trainer(not spraytan), if you are unsatisfied, tell your trainer/company.
Ask for a free place on the next course.

Hello!

Hi there. You know it might be really helpful to let the rest of us know who this training supplier is. I take it you paid over a hundred quid to look at the back of someones head for a day!!!! If I were you I would complain. It is totallly wrong to take peoples hard earned cash and fail to deliver what is promised. You have been badly let down and you should demand a free training session from these people.

Good luck with it.

x

I agree Tiree Team!!!!

Hi Kathie!

Take a look at my profile page as i found a useful video - which has helped me get through my practice bodies.

I have decided to do some refresher training too. As i just want this to get off to a good start and confidence is the key for me.

Good Luck!!

Thanks greekgirl, I've just had a look and found it very useful, good luck with your refresher training

Kathie

Hi, hope you have got the hang of the spray tanning now ! It does take a few goes to see which way suits you best ! If you go on facebook have a look at Nouvatan's page as they have a video of a lady doing a spraytan ! also, like the other geeks have said on there there are lots on youtube ! once you have done it a few times you will be confident ! It took me about 6 sprays to feel ok about it and no complaints so far and ive only been doing it for a month ! good luck x

I will just fade away into the background then shall I and pretend that my comments.............

Latest posts

Back