News on Vinylux?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nourishing remover, solar oil etc is back in stock.

I was hoping for the solaroil 15ml bulk pack. It saves me some money on each bottle...

I was also waiting on the 16 pack....

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

I am also getting extremely p****d off with waiting.
It's been over 2 months now since a lot of the colours went out of stock. I am mobile and I had quite a few clients interested in purchasing Vinylux when it was first launched. Especially the Summer colours, for Summer! I had spent a lot of time verbally selling it, and hyping it up to my clients just before its launch....some even gave me the money up front for their orders. But most of them now have cancelled their orders, and told me not to bother as it has been too long....and of course, have had to give back the money to the ones who had paid me upfront. :sad:
I felt so stupid, and couldn't apologise enough to them. I know it's not S2's fault of course, but somebody somewhere (probably at CND headquarters in America) should be bloody well strung up for this nightmare....How can you market, and create so much hype and interest about a product and then not deliver the goods!? Luckily I haven't actually lost any clients because of this, but I know retailing the product to them is not going to be as easy now, because so many of them have lost interest. :irked:

Last edited:
I have been keeping quiet because I love S2 and usually they are on form all the time for me and it would usually be me defending them in situations like this but I too am now getting a bit frustrated. I know the hold up is out of their control but literally everything I needed was out of stock and has been for weeks. I then placed an order on Friday for the few bits that were back in stock but I'm still in need of many other things plus the Vinylux issue. None of my clients are really interested in it now because the colours they've wanted I can't get. I also had a client that needed a remove tube urgently but these have been out of stock for a very long time and the items needed to make it up myself.....also out of stock. *insert big ol' sigh* CND need to give a huge apology to the Sam's for this humongous cock up on logistics or lack of sufficient stock or whatever the reason as this has really now become unacceptable. We've all been waiting for a long time now!

It's appalling that we have had to wait this long and CND are going to lose a LOT of customers because of this. S2 obviously can't fix this but it is ridiculous. I really hope it all sorts out within the week else there will definitely be hell to pay.
Does anyone know if those techs in the usa are having just as much of a problem as we are? x

It's appalling that we have had to wait this long and CND are going to lose a LOT of customers because of this. S2 obviously can't fix this but it is ridiculous. I really hope it all sorts out within the week else there will definitely be hell to pay.
Does anyone know if those techs in the usa are having just as much of a problem as we are? x

That's a really good question I wonder if USA techs are in same boat ?

Nevermind all clients will be able to buy all of the above from ebay etc, not good for professionals at all!!! :irked:

That's a really good question I wonder if USA techs are in same boat ?

Not in USA but in Sweden and our supplier only seems to have problem with Vinylux. Vinylux topcoat and colours like bicycle yellow, gilded pleasure (popular colours I suppose) are out and planned to be back in stock 14/8. Some colours just say out of stock, don't know what that that means.

Have felt really bad that I haven't promoted Vinylux as much as I should but now I am quite glad. Hopefully CND will sort it out soon.

What I don't get is Vinylux can be purchased from a lot of Uk websites and eBay at the RRP, these sites are not showing out of stock so it they have it where are they getting it from. Very frustrated and embarrassing!

I suspect that they're getting it from the States...
I too have been a longtime lover of CND and loyal S2 customer. My business owes a lot to Shellac, and more recently to Vinylux.
I just wish we had a definite date for exactly what's going to arrive.
My sales of Vinylux have dried up overnight because I can't get the colours people want, and they now can buy them for less than RRP on eBay and Amazon from US suppliers, and that includes the postage from the States.
I have asked for an update but I'm sorry to say that I don't get anything more than a stock answer.
Please, please, can someone actually tell us what's really going on? It's not enough just to say we know how frustrating it is...

I wonder about the knock on effect of the colours that had the streak factor that Mrs G mentioned a little while ago. If they have had to be reformulated, then how long will it take to get them back on our shelves so to speak. It would be really good to know what they were so that we can stop checking stock levels for these if they are going to be reformulated.

I suspect that they're getting it from the States...
I too have been a longtime lover of CND and loyal S2 customer. My business owes a lot to Shellac, and more recently to Vinylux.
I just wish we had a definite date for exactly what's going to arrive.
My sales of Vinylux have dried up overnight because I can't get the colours people want, and they now can buy them for less than RRP on eBay and Amazon from US suppliers, and that includes the postage from the States.
I have asked for an update but I'm sorry to say that I don't get anything more than a stock answer.
Please, please, can someone actually tell us what's really going on? It's not enough just to say we know how frustrating it is...

I wonder about the knock on effect of the colours that had the streak factor that Mrs G mentioned a little while ago. If they have had to be reformulated, then how long will it take to get them back on our shelves so to speak. It would be really good to know what they were so that we can stop checking stock levels for these if they are going to be reformulated.

Agree with both of you. It has got to that time now where "we're just as frustrated as you are" isn't making me feel any better. I have been patient, I have only asked a couple of times so as not to pester and being a lover of S2's whole ethos and customer service usually, have given them the benefit of the doubt and just waited.

But now we need honest answers as to why this has happened and at least some idea when it will be resolved so we can inform our clients. "It's on it's way" isn't good enough now because it's been on it's way for weeks and weeks. Being a main distributor for a product or group of products is no good if that company doesn't deliver you adequate levels of stock for it's customers, especially when that involves a brand new product launch that undoubtedly everyone will want.

I really feel for everyone at S2, particularly the Sam's as I'm sure it's also embarrassing for them as well as frustrating, just the same as it is for us and our clients but after creating such a buzz about this amazing new polish, my clients that "have" been interested are now not because I can't get the colours they want.

Like I said previously, apologies need to be given to S2 as well as all of us that are CND customers ourselves and action plans put in place so this never happens again. Not all of us can afford to buy in huge levels of stock to ensure we never run out of something and even if we did, these things run down/out at some point and need replenishing eventually and a lot of the Vinylux colours (for example) have been out of stock for over 2 months now. Not good :(

Last edited:
I've just introduced it to my little empire I use Gelish but was so impressed with the delivery and service I got from them that decided to introduce it . Got rid of all my china glaze for vinylux, was excited to start retailing but now dread it as my display getting less and less due to not being able to restock. :)

I'm beginning to think that Vinylux has a problem with it and that is why we are not receiving it. I think there is "more to the story" than we are being told. I'm just starting a new job in a new salon and have no stock. I am very very disappointed. What do I tell my new boss and clients. I look like a complete idiot. And then we get a message half way through the day saying all orders made before one today will be delivered free. I'm sorry it's a crock!

Yet the spinner filled rack is available, as is another package, indicating that varnishes are still available - just not individually!

I bet the Sams are in the horrors about this too, no more than the rest of us , they are running a business as well.
I'm sure they feel the same as all of you....

I bet the Sams are in the horrors about this too, no more than the rest of us , they are running a business as well.
I'm sure they feel the same as all of you....

I bet they feel alot worse about it than we do :(
I just know as soon as it comes in there will be a massive sigh of relief for everyone involved

Yet the spinner filled rack is available, as is another package, indicating that varnishes are still available - just not individually!

Ah, but the problem seems to be with the "new" colours, like Lilac Longing, Limeade, etc, and most of the out of stock ones don't have matching Shellacs. I think the spinner rack doesn't have these new colours.

Ah, but the problem seems to be with the "new" colours, like Lilac Longing, Limeade, etc, and most of the out of stock ones don't have matching Shellacs. I think the spinner rack doesn't have these new colours.

I thought the spinner had the whole range in it. Maybe not - beyond caring. I just know that like everyone else, I'm fed up with reading 'more available...etc'. Time for bed x

Latest posts

Back