News on Vinylux?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think one person said it and others have picked up on it.
I could be wrong but there's been no statement that I've seen or heard of telling us that's happening.
Xx

Yes that's the point there has been no statement from the people that know so people will speculate :) x

I've recently sold all my nail polishes to take vinylux on board, but now regretting my decision!! (Luckily just moved house so not working again until september) Has anyone else done the same? What have you done waited or gone with another brand? Xx

I sold all my OPI to invest in Vinylux.

Luckily I got the wall rack package at The Event so have every colour for using on clients. I then bought a second lot of colours for retail and triplicates in some of the more popular colours. I still have stock of everything except Lobster Roll which I am desperate for. I could have sold at least a few more bottles of that as it has been my most popular colour by far this Summer.

I don't completely regret my decision to switch to Vinylux...but I am not as thrilled as I should be following all the hype about retail opportunities etc from CND (Jan Arnold) at The Event. I've gone off the boil I suppose. I am also nervous as WHY there is no stock and have speculated myself that there could be issues that CND aren't telling us about. Who knows?

Hopefully an update from CND or S2 will be put on FB or here soon....

I was thinking of getting vinylux and have been looking the starter pack but has been sold out for the last few weeks.

Is it a bad move getting vinylux in?

I was thinking of getting vinylux and have been looking the starter pack but has been sold out for the last few weeks.

Is it a bad move getting vinylux in?

It will be a very good move once CND take their head out of the sand and sort out the issues and actually start to communicate with distributors and pro's!

Next time CND launch a new product I won't put my support behind it until about 4 months after the launch because they clearly can't do them very well.

I think it's the best move you could make. It has been for us and if we haven't had all colours we have just used and sold the colours we have had. :biggrin:

After a bad couple of months with various disasters, all of which have been out of the control of S2, we are turning the corner. Some have accepted that and got on with it and weathered the storm together with S2 and some may move on! No one could have done more nor can do more at present than they are doing.

Funny really when you look back and remember that ... When CND first announced the VINYLUX product launch there was so much negativity here on SG ... that Vinylux was a only a polish because they never sold polish, clients didn't want polish,no one would be interested etc etc. NOW when it has been not only very successful and very difficult to obtain some colours, suddenly everyone wants it right now, can't wait, can't live without it, they are loosing shed loads of money etc. Ultimately No one is going to loose money with VINYLUX ! Clients want it and clients are going to get it. S2 has much more to do to ensure that happens than to read posts on salon geek and give daily bulletins to those who can check directly with S2 or even CND and if they are not getting answers there then it is because they will not give them until the stock is right in their hands. No amount of asking or nasty comments is going to give a result until VINYLUX is physically in stock. Check the S2 Facebook page, check with S2 direct or check here. When there is something absolutely definite to tell you will see it.

Last edited:
I sold all my OPI to invest in Vinylux.

Luckily I got the wall rack package at The Event so have every colour for using on clients. I then bought a second lot of colours for retail and triplicates in some of the more popular colours. I still have stock of everything except Lobster Roll which I am desperate for. I could have sold at least a few more bottles of that as it has been my most popular colour by far this Summer.

I don't completely regret my decision to switch to Vinylux...but I am not as thrilled as I should be following all the hype about retail opportunities etc from CND (Jan Arnold) at The Event. I've gone off the boil I suppose. I am also nervous as WHY there is no stock and have speculated myself that there could be issues that CND aren't telling us about. Who knows?

Hopefully an update from CND or S2 will be put on FB or here soon....

Samuel has already posted very comprehensively and told the absolute truth about the stock and why there has been a problem (which was at production and a quality control issue and resulted in a recall of that production). The unaffected stock has been selling every day and performs perfectly so all the speculation about re formulation etc is just that ... Speculation.

Last edited:
Samuel has already posted very comprehensively and told the absolute truth about the stock and why there has been a problem (which was at production and a quality control issue and resulted in a recall of that production). The unaffected stock has been selling every day and performs perfectly so all the speculation about re formulation etc is just that ... Speculation.

It's not really speculation if the affected stock had to be reformulated? I think that is where that has come from.

Those who have been having issues are those who, I pressume, were not using it correctly.

I think there has been enough speculation about what could have happened and Sam has explained partially what the issues have been. We may have to wait until it is all over and we have stock etc or a statement from CND is made. Either way, we will not know until then and although it is highly frustrating we must remember that it is not the end of the world :) x

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

I'm new to shellac and sold off all my china glaze to get vinylux, I really like it and just don't tell my clients at the moment that they can buy it. Will push that more once its all sorted :)

I have an answer as to when all the colours will be available (at last).

The factory is now at full production of all colours and they are shipping out. However that doesn't mean that we will see full stock in the next week in the UK. CND have a lot of suppliers and distributors all crying out for stock to be replenished, and they are working to get it out to them as soon as possible. Q4 (so Oct onwards) we should see more then enough stock to last the Christmas season and well into next year.

And apparently demand outstrip forecasts for the product by 5 times. Hopefully next time they will up calculate their forecasts and multiple it up!

And I had all this from the Lady of CND herself - Jan Arnold phoned me to update me after my repeated complaints about the complete mess this has been and the lack of communication from CND. So she thought best way to communicate was directly, couldn't really argue with that.

Thanks for sharing Fozzyo. Good to know even if we do have months to wait. Just a shame I have missed my busiest time of year.....scared to drum up business for Christmas just incase something else prevents it coming in but that'swhat I want to do!

Hopefully minis for Christmas :)

I have an answer as to when all the colours will be available (at last).

The factory is now at full production of all colours and they are shipping out. However that doesn't mean that we will see full stock in the next week in the UK. CND have a lot of suppliers and distributors all crying out for stock to be replenished, and they are working to get it out to them as soon as possible. Q4 (so Oct onwards) we should see more then enough stock to last the Christmas season and well into next year.

And apparently demand outstrip forecasts for the product by 5 times. Hopefully next time they will up calculate their forecasts and multiple it up!

And I had all this from the Lady of CND herself - Jan Arnold phoned me to update me after my repeated complaints about the complete mess this has been and the lack of communication from CND. So she thought best way to communicate was directly, couldn't really argue with that.

Did she have anything to say about Beverly Beaute and Kaydee?
I'm appalled at the way that CND have allowed them to continue for so long; what an indefensible way to treat their Distributor of the Year, eh?
Every bottle of Shellac and/or Vinylux bought from these people is one less bottle sold by S2. And yet nobody seems able or willing to stop them.
What does that tell you about CND?

What does that tell you about CND?

It tells me that anyone can buy in bulk and resell quicker to the UK than the UK distributor and CND don't care 😳

As a distributor myself I'd be heartbroken if my manufacturers allowed this to happen.
Very, very sad state of affairs.
:(

Those websites are US selling to the UK! If you ordered product from them you may get a hefty import tax bill as well as a bill from revenue and customs for bringing them into the uk!
I believe some people are out to make a fast buck! The amount of people that buy product just to sell it on is ridiculous! and a few geeks have been found selling Vinylux on eBay!!! Now the last people I thought that would be would be geeks :(

Generally speaking, the public cares not a jot where their product is coming from, and most of them will take the risk of the Revenue slapping duty on them because it happens so infrequently.
With regard to the bill from the Revenue, you would get only one: import duty.
I have reported those sites to the Revenue in the hope that their packages will get stopped at Customs.
With regard to selling on eBay, or anywhere else online, there is nothing in the Ts and Cs from S2 about selling restrictions. Now, I understand about the "spirit of the agreement" (legal term), but if we, as customers of S2, want eBay selling to be prohibited, then the Ts and Cs need to state that.

Your statement that people are out to make a fast buck? Of course they are! It's called business! Those of us who saw the potential in Vinylux got on with it and promoted it, and hell, I'm bloody glad I did! My sales of Vinylux pretty much stopped overnight when the US sites started shipping to the UK, so I'm glad I got in when I did.

Ask yourself this.
Who, in the supply chain are the only ones not adversely affected by the these US sites selling to the UK?
Is it you, or me? No, we are because we're losing retail revenue to them
Is it S2? Nope; they too are losing sales because of it
Is it the general public? Well, yes, because they can get what they want, when they want it, at a low price.
Is it CND? Well, yes it is. Clearly their only concern is to sell as much product as quickly as possible before other manufacturers reverse engineer it.

Latest posts

Back