News on Vinylux?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm guessing that S2 know about as much as we do. CND are either keeping information from them or giving them incorrect information as I don't believe that S2 would intentionally get our hopes us then fail to deliver.

I have had a personal email from Samantha and a few Twitter direct messages assuring me that certain colours were going to be back in stock a couple of weeks ago. She also posted the info on here and I'm sure she would not do that unless she was convinced it was going to happen.

I'm extremely frustrated, just like the rest of you, but I think I'm going to have to forget Vinylux for this season and concentrate on the great Shellac summer shades I do have.

Hopefully this will be a lesson learnt for CND and this will now never happen again.

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using SalonGeek mobile app

I know there are a lot of colours out of stock but there are also a lot of colours in stock. For the clients I have that never buy polish - they just come for regular pedi's and mani's - I show them the whole range of V.

If someone wants a polish they can also buy to take home I just tell them which ones are available. It's out of my hands so I just assure clients when I can get stock they will get it. All my clients have been fine with this.

I agree it should be a lesson learned but not sure that's happened as anyone who took Shellac on in the beginning will remember the awful summer of shortages that followed the release! It's just a case of deja vu!

Karaxxx

Last edited:
So are the delays due to the fact that CND are reformulating certain colours?

I personally haven’t had many problems with Vinylux – just a few – but not enough to put me off. However many techs who are far more experienced than me are having problems with removal, coverage and consistency (Bicycle Yellow for example is very “grainy”).

So Is CND reformulating certain problem colours to address these issues and that is why theose colours are always out of stock? We are talking 2-3 months delay here and that cannot be down to customs etc. The new Shellac colours will be here next week, together with matching pinkies in Vinylux and other shipments have been getting from CND to S2 without the delays – it's just Vinylux that is always delayed. Are they reformulating? If so, what does this mean for those that have lots of stock with potential problems?

I may be barking up the wrong tree but without a answer from someone in the know, this is the conclusion I am drawing......

Yes as said this is not the first time CND have messed up in such a big way! As said they clearly didn't learn from the shambles that was Shellac.

It maybe they did ... Top Coat not an issue this time just all the colours everyone wants.

Ohhhh I was going to look into becoming a die hard s2 shopper and Spend lots of money on Cnd training etc but this has all put me off a bit! Worrying to think you are all so loyal and clearly spend a fortune here and this happens! Hope you all get stock soon x

S2 has a tonne of stock !! lets not start ugly rumours that will scare people as you clearly have been ... they have had a temporary glitch with a good number of colours that have sold out, and it will be rectified and they are all great colours that will be used and sold year round when they arrive ... it can and does happen to every supplier and it is horrible when it does ... and in my opinion threads like this just make things worse and do nothing to help.

It's a distribution glitch, frustrating yes, end of the world jim as we know it, no!
If your on board with a supplier, you stick with em even when they're clearly having problems.
S2 are probably fretting a lot more than we/you are.
Chill, you know it'll be worth it in the end :)

That's all fine - but what is causing the glitch? Its a pretty big glitch to cause colours to be out of stock for 2-3 months! Is it that CND are reformulating certain colours before releasing fresh stock?

I don't think anyone is guilty of starting ugly rumours but its understandable that people draw unfounded conclusions in the absence of credible explanations.
Would it be possible for one of the SAMs to come onto the board to give an explanation as to the problems with vinylux. That would be the definitive way to scotch any rumour, wouldn't it?
Nobody's expecting every last detail, of course. Some of that information will be commercially sensitive. But when people ask for an update on the stock situation and answer comes there none it makes people nervous. Hell, just look at what happens to the stock exchange when there is uncertainty; the stock price always takes a tumble.
It's a testament to how great the products are that we're all champing at the bit, isn't it!
And this current situation is not the norm for S2 so can we be forgiven for wondering what's going on?

I don't think anyone is guilty of starting ugly rumours but its understandable that people draw unfounded conclusions in the absence of credible explanations.
Would it be possible for one of the SAMs to come onto the board to give an explanation as to the problems with vinylux. That would be the definitive way to scotch any rumour, wouldn't it?
Nobody's expecting every last detail, of course. Some of that information will be commercially sensitive. But when people ask for an update on the stock situation and answer comes there none it makes people nervous. Hell, just look at what happens to the stock exchange when there is uncertainty; the stock price always takes a tumble.
It's a testament to how great the products are that we're all champing at the bit, isn't it!
And this current situation is not the norm for S2 so can we be forgiven for wondering what's going on?

The answer is that this website is not sweet squared.com. As with any company you should ask them the questions not salon geek, if one wants answers. No other nail company in the UK is asked the same questions on this site as S2? Or comes under the same scrutiny. Really.

It's not just vinylux though its lots of things on the S2 website that are out of stock. The thing is they charge a high postage price (with vat too) and having to keep making lots of seperate orders comes to a pretty high cost. I think S2 should definitely offer a free postage code on your next order to apologise for this ridiculous mess.

Im so glad someone thinks the same as me!!! I noticed on my invoice the delivery then VAT on top! What a cheek. The minimum order shud be a lot less for free delivery also. My other wholesaler I use and love has free delivery £50 net sale. When u just order a few vinylux it is annoying the high postage

I take your point, Geeg, but I've asked several times, via phone, email, and even on the Facebook page, and haven't got a response, other than to say that they understand our frustration. I even asked if there was any update, even if that update was that there's no news. Nobody's responded to that either.

I take your point, Geeg, but I've asked several times, via phone, email, and even on the Facebook page, and haven't got a response, other than to say that they understand our frustration. I even asked if there was any update, even if that update was that there's no news. Nobody's responded to that either.

If there is no response, then that means they have no response to give you at present. You of all people should understand that. When they know what they can promise, you will be the first to know, otherwise it is best to say nothing.

Spoke to them today they said Thursday the order is due in:)

Well, we had a problem a few months ago, when Swissdermyl decided that they would reformulate the collagen activator used to activate about 70% of our facials without warning us, and had allowed it to run out of stock.
I was incandescent with rage with Geneva, so much so that they wouldn't call me back until the following day because they were too scared to. We had only a few bottles left in stock so we had to ration them. We offered people alternatives and when they rang for an update we told them what we knew, even if we didn't know anything different to the last time they asked. We certainly didn't leave people wondering what was going on.
I also forwarded the angry emails we got from our customers to Geneva, in the hope that they might realise that their lack of foresight actually had a very real impact on people's businesses.
Geeg, there are loads of us on here who love S2 and the CND products. I'm one of them. You know how many thousands of pounds I've spent with you guys over the last five years.

We know this isn't sweetsquared.com, but salongeek.com IS owned by S2 and they do come in and excite us with news tidbits. It's not so far removed to keep us updated with what's going on, and it would be very welcome.
And I promise I'm not being disloyal. If I were I'd just change brands wouldn't I?

In my opinion, it just wouldn't make sense for each and every one of us to phone S2 to find out when the stock will be in. I'm sure they have better things to do than answer the phone all day, so I am grateful for the info passed on here from those that have phoned.

Communication is the key and even more so when problems arise. I also have clients waiting for polishes and I feel unprofessional if I have to tell them that I have no idea why their chosen colours are still not available.

Im so glad someone thinks the same as me!!! I noticed on my invoice the delivery then VAT on top! What a cheek. The minimum order shud be a lot less for free delivery also. My other wholesaler I use and love has free delivery £50 net sale. When u just order a few vinylux it is annoying the high postage

They have to add VAT like any other company so you cant really use this against them.

At the end of the day they're a business just like other people on here and im sure they make a loss on postage in anycase.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek mobile app

But with so much out of stock people are having to make multiple orders in dribs and drabs which really does add up in the end. I can't recall s2 ever giving discount codes (postage or otherwise) which would go a long way to sweeten the pill. I know they do some good deals at the shows but if you can't physically get to the show you can't take advantage of that either. It just seems a bit unfair that they always seem to have out of stock problems but we just have to grin and bear the cost.

The problem is nobody from s2 can ever tell us anything! I keep asking and keep getting told to check the website and they don't know.

The reason people come on here to complain is because it's an outlet for their frustrations, they don't seem to get answers through 'official' channels and SG is used heavily by CND and s2 techs.

Latest posts

Back