Nightmare wax client!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

amyjade

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I just had a client for a hollywood and I have never left so many hairs or taken so much time, even when I was learning!
This is quite hard to explain but I'd put the wax on the back while she was on all fours but then she'd sit up so it got stuck and it went on like this on the front too, I'd put the wax on and she'd close her legs. I started to hold her in place but as soon as I moved she'd do the exact same thing. Do you understand what I mean? I never normally leave any hairs but I ran over by 30 mins (luckily it was my lunch break) and just couldn't spend anymore time with her.
How would you have dealt with her? She's rebooked but I'm dreading it because I wasn't happy with the end result. Help! :Scared:

Next time she comes in, take a minute to explain that its important she does as you tell her throughout the treatment.

Doing as you say, which includes staying in position and not closing her legs, will improve her comfort but more importantly allows you to do the job efficiently to the high standard you yourself expect to deliver.

Its a treatment that requires confidence and trust in the therapist and if she listens to you all will be well. She MUST trust you.

If she doesn't do as you say, advise her that you will do the best you can but when the time is up the time is up and hairs may be left behind.

Good luck my lovely and take control of the client.

Jacqui xx

Be firm, tell her how important it is she stays in the positions you require. Explain it, and then make sure she understands.

Then do a small test area, get a position, apply some wax then turn away for a few seconds to check your trolley or something. Then if she has moved ask if she understood about not moving and reinforce the importance of it. Do this a second time, if she continues to move and cause problems stop the treatment. Explain that that you will need to increase how much you charge her as this is going to extend the appointment time by x amount. Then try again. Don't be aggressive, just talk with authority and control the situation.

Mat

I hold them down like I'm sheep shearing. lol

Seriously, you've gotta be strong and firm. If they go to move, I push their leg down to save them getting in a sticky mess and I say 'Keep still for me'. If she found it that painful (I doubt it), then maybe it's best that she doesn't re-book. You can't be having all that! x

Seriously, you've gotta be strong and firm. If they go to move, I push their leg down to save them getting in a sticky mess and I say 'Keep still for me'. If she found it that painful (I doubt it), then maybe it's best that she doesn't re-book. You can't be having all that! x

Just have to say ...loving the profile pic Kim.. made me laugh!!!

Haha, brilliant! I love your sheep shearing no fuss attitude!! It's exactly what clients need! I have a very nervous client, I just tell her in order for me to do my job properly she has to relax, trust that I'm an expert in what I'm doing, once I stress a bit of control she is much more at ease.xx

Latest posts

Back