No shows - Is it just me?.....

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PeepPaws

Reaction score
I am needed a little boost and hoping my lovely, fellow geeks can help.
I have received so many no show and cancellations in the last three days I really am beginning to get a complex. £180.00 so far. Is this a normal reaction to January. People book before christmas and then forget, can't remember what day it is? Realise they are skint?... Having never been through a Jan/Feb time yet because I only started nail this year and only went into a salon 1st Dec, I was wondering if this was just how it seems to go after christmas.
It's really starting to knock me. Got down with it today and keep reminding myself that I have only been going a month. Trying to fix on the fact that nearly every friday and saturday is fully booked. Concentrating on getting promotions sorted for Valentines, Mothers day and summer.
I have had one today phone and say.... Oh I got told off at work for having them. (shes a carer and I went through all this with her beforehand and she stated it was fine). And then she said to the salon owner that they fell off in the bath!!!! I know they don't but I have now had 2 people say this and how do I respond? I asked one of my very loyal clients who has been with me fro the start. She said there is no way that would happen. So, help......how do I answer and keep it firm but sweet, thats it them and not me!!
Sorry for going on but today it has really got to me.
:rolleyes:

january can be a quiet time as people are recovering from the festive period

if a clients claims the nails fell off ask them to come in so you can inspect them for yourself

i think you're right hun, people book b4 xmas, then forget or havent got money etc
get yourself all sorted ready for valentines/mothers day/easter/summer etc , lots of promotional ideas you could play with to generate new business

as for the nails falling off, well you and everyone else on this site knows that aint happening is it?

i remember reading somewhere that if you ask them to come in and inspect them you can wipe over the nail and it will show up if they have been pulled, pried or prised off, cant recall what it was to wipe with though scrubfresh maybe? hopefully someone will put me right, but im sure if you offered for them to come in while you inspect the problem, the truth will ensue hun

chin up babes, dont let it get to ya xxxx

She must have a poltergeist in her bathroom!!!!

ow so its the same old....FINGERS FELL OFF the nails bit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.....i am quiet to hun so dont worry things will pick up....do special offers for valentines easter mothers day...they will be breaking your door down xx

Don't get yourself down it will pick up. as for nails falling of in the bath! well
i would like to know what these people put in thier baths:eek:

Thanks everyone. I just needed some reassurance!!!
I have been wearing my enhancements since may. I ws still full time painting and decorating then and never 'lost' a nail, not even in my bath!
I know it's them and not me... but sometimes you just need reminding!
Thanks guys xxx

Here's a big hug for you hun :hug::hug::hug::hug::hug:

Don't get to downhearted, January is a quiet time for lots of us. I had a client not bother turning up yesterday and it's not the first time she's done it either:irked:. It's her usual thing when she has decided to leave her nails for awhile - I just which she'd tell me!! She emails me regularly with jokes etc.

Why don't you get some pics in your windows for those nasty little nail biters who have made a new years resolution to give up - show them what you can do.
Do an offer or promotion on bookings done in January & put it in your window.

Go round all the local clothes shops and ask if it's ok to leave your leaflets by the counter or in the changing rooms or something....

Just a few ideas...

Oh yes, and as for them falling off....ask them to bring you in the nails that have fallen off so you can inspect them...if there's nail attached to it then it's not fallen off by itself now has it!!!!!!:|

Hi Hun,
I have had nails on for 8 years, NEVER has one fallen off, yes I admit I may have had a very bad break, but they were extra long, but even that was so rare that my nail tech continued to allow me my tallons. I have them long even now, but nothing like before I became a nail tech. You know in your heart they don't just fall off. I have had one lady come back to me once a week for 3 weeks saying it just fell off, So I replaced each one and charged her £3 each nail. She has now cancelled her next appointment, says she can't cope, and they were short. She was trying it on, I am so pleased she has cancelled.. can do without that type of client.
As for January........ wow yes very quiet, aparently so is Feb up to Valentines day, they will want you then, try a Valentines promotion......to get them booked in, ask for small deposit, saying you are already getting booked up.
This time next year you will have a nice reliable client base, it just takes time. I am still building mine, but getting better at sifting out the messers. Good luck lots luv x

Best thing to say in this situation is something like, well that's unusual because none of my other clients have this problem ... but then not everyone gets on with looking after their nails and they're not suited to everyone. That usually sorts them!

Latest posts

Back