No tan on legs?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sparadise

Reaction score
Hi I have been spray tanning for about months using LA Spray tan. Never ever any problems. People always come back to me once they have been sprayed once. It really is a lovely tan. But the other day a lady came in who was very pale skinned and very very slim. She left looking as normal with the LA Spray tan a really nice colour. So was gobsmacked to have her back saying the tan just wont take on her legs. She washed herself in the shower and apparently the spray tan just ran off. She asked instead for the self LA Spray tan application that I gave her for free as she just doesnt think another go at the spray tan was worth it. The spray tan was free to her in the first place as I had a competition online and she won it. But I am really kind of baffled as I dont understand why this went that way and it really aint good for business if you give something to someone free and they dont like it.
Any more experienced guys out there that could put some light on why this might of happened. The rest of the body did take the tan but itwasnt really that dark. I also can say that I used the same bottle of tan on another customer who came back the next day for lashes with a perfect tan. So it really is to do with the customer rather than the tan Any idea?

Had she shaved her leg not long before the tan? Maybe forgot to shave them night before and quickly did them before she came for the tan. May of still had products on her legs x

All we can do is guess but my instant thinking is she didn't prep properly for the tan and most likely shaved or waxed her legs so the tan just washed straight off because the wax residue (oils, afterwax lotion ect..) or the oily moisturiser (from moisturising strips from shaving).

As for her tan being lighter than you expected then she may well have paniced and washed the tan off earlier than advised as she got concerned about how dark she looked as it was developing.

If you know that you sprayed her with the correct amount of solution and you did not miss any areas then it really can only be down to her prep or aftercare and though I hate to say it when people get something for free they tend not to take as much care of it as when they are paying for it.

I find with myself, I'm pale skinned ginger hair, that I need a 12% for my legs yet only an 8 or 10% on top. My legs just don't take and I defo prep properly! I use nouvatan and all my clients are happy its just me that doesn't take so its nothing that you have done wrong it could be she didn't prep properly or she is just like me lol

Im very fair and no matter what i do my legs dont take properly first time always from the knee down really if i tan over them again they take a bit better hence why i just use self tan as spray tans not really good for me as i know my legs need doing again anyway , i dunno why iv tried everything aswel x

Thanks so mjuch for all your replies. I do feel confident enough to know thatI did apply the tan correct. Havent heard from her since I gave her her self LA tan Free. But did tan her legs twice. I always do that when I see someone very slim coming in anyway cause you can guarantee their legs are going to be an issue. But thanks to those that did reply and thank goodness for this websie cause it always keeps me going and puts things into perspective. Suppose when you are working from home on your own I guess it is just one of those things that you dont have colleagues to bounce things off of. Ta again

I prep properly and I get the same from the knee down on myself hun. Try not to panic xxx

I have a lady who is very very pale and thin, she barely tans no matter what I use, I can use the same solution on her daughter and she looks lovely and tanned. Some people are just not meant to be dark!! Dont beat yourself up about it hun, you know you did your job fine and afterall it was a freebie. Xx

Latest posts

Back