Nostalgia Question Sculpted Nails circa 79-82

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Claudia

Reaction score
Geeks,

I have a memory of my mum, and I need some help with it. I recall her having her nails sculpted when I was around 9 years old. I remember being fascinated by it and the very distinctive smell.

I know it was not the smell of L&P that we use now, but I do remember the powder and the look of it.

My mum's long gone so I can't ask her, but just for my indulgence can anyone help me pin point or describe for me the smell that I am thinking of.

Bit of a strange request I know, I am just a wee bit curious and would like to enhance the memory so to speak.

Thanks in advance

The ones i learnt at college in 1980/81 were tips with like fibreglass or silk but just adhesive i think, i dont remember any spraying.I dont know what other methods were around then.I had mine done and then we had cookery and i lost 2 in my pastry... yes we also did cookery on our beauty course, oh and archery :)

The ones i learnt at college in 1980/81 were tips with like fibreglass or silk but just adhesive i think, i dont remember any spraying.I dont know what other methods were around then.I had mine done and then we had cookery and i lost 2 in my pastry... yes we also did cookery on our beauty course, oh and archery :)

Really?! I want to do your beauty course! (Although I might pass on your pastry!) That sounds great but what do you suppose they wanted you to do with the archery? Was it so you could stop anyone running off without paying? Lol! Lx

Really?! I want to do your beauty course! (Although I might pass on your pastry!) That sounds great but what do you suppose they wanted you to do with the archery? Was it so you could stop anyone running off without paying? Lol! Lx

Yes i think that was it.I always keep my bow handy havent had to use it yet though fortunately.:)

Probably the much "heavier" stench of MMA (back in those days), oddly enough some people really like the smell

thanks for the replies everyone, its just one of those bizarre random memories that needed dealt with. x

Latest posts

Back