Not a good pedicure experience

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

*amber*

Reaction score
Hello,

Since the weather is so good, I have been doing lots of pedicures. I decided to treat myself with pedicure too so booked in for one:o
But the experience I had from the start was not good...
I called and booked it for 7pm, received a call back to ask if I could come at 6:30pm, it was fine with me so I agreed. I wasn't asked if I wanted luxury pedicure or just normal one...and wasn't told tha name of technician, but I knew there was two. One more experienced and more expensive, never mind not the end of the world
I arrived on time and was asked to wait 10 min which turned to 20 :(
when finaly I sat down no saniticer was used on my feet or on nail file, my face has chaned now and I think the girl noticed that. She did saniticed the methal tools so that was a relieve, I wasn't going to allow her to touch my feet udervice. Cuticle work very poor and feet filing very relaxed. I asked for regular nail polish, but no cuticle oil was applied after ( maybe because nail still was very wet:( No home care advice either but that I suppose not necessary since I cant even call it pedicure. I even took photo:o
Shall I write email to the salon and adress my concerns or leave it? What would you do?
Do you find that it is more dificulf to be happy with a treatment once you do them profesionaly youself?

The difficult thing about this is so many salons do things differently n being In the industry urself can make u quite critical. I agree that it's nice to see things sanitised infront of u but where I work I always do it before and after and the method we use with filing works better in dry skin so we soak after however we are very strict with what we use and r tools r still clean but I can see why this would concern u. There r some salons and therapists about which slack and I think if u feel strongly that things weren't clean ect then defiantly speak to them and voice your concerns as they may have a lazy therapist on their hands!

Do you find that it is more dificulf to be happy with a treatment once you do them profesionaly youself?

I definitely find it is more difficult to be happy with other's work because I do the same work professionally, and I don't think we are alone in that.

I know pilots who hate flying with someone else at the wheel; Drivers who feel the same.

I go to good restaurants and wish I'd stayed home and cooked myself which we always think tastes better!

You know what they say, "if you want a job doing well, do it yourself." :)

I totally agree with geeg! I would only say something if the service I received was different than the service advertised or if I felt any safety/sanitation/disinfection procedures were handled incorrectly.

I'd leave it. If you do a better job, you will get unhappy clients from them possibly?

I've yet to find anyone who does a pedicure just as I'd like it. Picky, moi?!
I've only ever had decent facials from SwissDermyl trained therapists too! I've really tried to like other ones but I've been disappointed.
Bah humbug!

im a hairdresser and beauty therapist as well as a nail professional so getting my stuff done has always been a challenge!

I have luckily found a great hairdresser who I trust implicitly thank goodness, and I train the girls in my salon so I can get a decent pedi wax or massage.
everyone else hates doing my nails!

my daughter now usually does mine and so far she is doing a grand job, which is just as well, as after 26 yrs , I would almost rather not have nails on than do them myself!

Thank you geeks for your thoughts:)
I can see that I am now more critical and if I wasn't a nail tech myself probably I would be satisfied with a treatment. Although not sure about that either, since I didn't csme home with beautiful and soft feet.
Nail file was not sanitised in front of me before or after for that matter. And before she sanitised metal tools there was still skin parts on them from previous client.
I will upload photo later, so you know what I meen...still don't know how to do it

Thank you geeks for your thoughts:)
I can see that I am now more critical and if I wasn't a nail tech myself probably I would be satisfied with a treatment. Although not sure about that either, since I didn't csme home with beautiful and soft feet.
Nail file was not sanitised in front of me before or after for that matter. And before she sanitised metal tools there was still skin parts on them from previous client.
I will upload photo later, so you know what I meen...still don't know how to do it

The last part concerns me about the skin of previous client, if the metal impliments were cleaned infront of you then in my opinion that would mean all of the files etc would also be cleaned I front of you, I think I'd be tempted to voice concerns to the salon

Caroline x

The last part concerns me about the skin of previous client, if the metal impliments were cleaned infront of you then in my opinion that would mean all of the files etc would also be cleaned I front of you, I think I'd be tempted to voice concerns to the salon

Caroline x

I think I am going to email to the them about my concerns and them it's up to them what they will do about it. At least I will know that I have done my bit:)
Nail tech was very young and I am sure she can improve on hygiene issues;)

I'm mobile and if I'm going to use the same tool more than once in a day, say my foot spa and metal tools, I have enough time booked inbetween clients to pop home and clean and sanitise them thoroughly. I don't sanatise my tools or files in front of my clients. Maybe they clean and sanatise in the gap between clients?

What you said about the metal implements being visibly unclean is concerning however regarding sanitising files etc in front of you you'll probably find many don't. Certainly I sanitise and disinfect between clients so that everything is ready and good to go for a treatment, so my clients would never actually see me doing it but it has certainly been done!!

I too clean and sanitise between clients. And my metal implements are kept in barbicide. But if I went to another salon and wasn't happy I would say something as I would like to be told if a client wasn't happy with something I had done. I think its Important to have feedback. Especially so I can see any areas I need to improve upon.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek mobile app

As I have mentioned earlier I had to wait 20 min, she did pedicure to another client before me, so there was no gap for her to sanitize tools. And I was her last client, the file she used on my nails was not sanitised too, she just put it with all her onther files:(

Ok then, in that case I would complain.

I always have spare set of tools in case I don't have inof time to properly sanitese them.

I would too. Surely it becomes part of the routine to sanitise. Maybe she was flustered or something but it definitely needs mentioning.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek mobile app

This is the photo I took after pedicure. [/ATTACH]

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Attachments

• 1374096057514.jpg
    1374096057514.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 289
Last edited:
That does not look like a good pedicure to me but suppose it depends if it was mini one? I've seen these advertised and basically are just cuticle
Work (only enough to affectivly apply polish, not leave a nice result) polish, mini massage and moisturise.

I won't do mini pedis, pointless cause clients don't understand the difference then go and say oh I had a pedi with holly, someone looks at scabby foot and judges you!

Metal tools should really be stored on barbicide in a salon, no excuse! I'm mobile and I always clean my tools down at the end of treatment as part of packing away but then sanitise when I get to the next client when I sanitise my hands and lastly theirs but that's just cause that's how i do it.

I would complain- if for
Nothing else than the filing is uneven and sounds half arsed x

It was supposed to be normal pedicure. They do luxury one and normal. She did use foot file on me and thats the result. I know I became more critical after a became nail technician but thats just not acceptable to me. From the very start up until the end my experience was not good. I would not go back to that salon. And even if I was not a nail tech and didn't know how everything suppose to be done I would not be happy with the results.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back