not a happy bunny with nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"she said i didnt need one as i didnt have a reaction to the nails so i wouldnt have one to the eyelash perming stuff:confused:
i dont have a clue what they have to do with eachother, lol"

I cannot believe this was said to you....nails and perms have nothing to do with each other...they are not the same products!!! Thats like saying well i am not allergic to lettuce so i must be ok to eat nuts!!!

It is such a shame that you spend all that money to pamper and treat youself and you get an awful service....I hope everything turns out ok.

I've been reading this thread with intrest and although you have gone back and spoken to the girl I still they should be told how bad they are.
The Tech has mixed her product, left you while she popped out, and has incorrectly done a treatment.

You should write a letter highlighting some points given here - esp no patch test!

i think threw her a bit by mentioning it, when i went in there she was sitting on the couch munching away, like shed been there all afternoon, and the first thing she said was what would you like today, i felt like saying "all my money back" lol

Oh Tracy dont say any more the place sounds terrible!
I've had 3 complaints all of which I've welcomed;
first was uncured nails due to bulbs, second was a bride who cried because I wouldnt do her nails as she had just removed press ons and showed me 10 greenies! third was a women whose nails came off on holiday- I discovered she had very bad psoriasis so didnt replace.

On all complaints I used knowledge I had of my products, of my learning and even on the third my text books. I want people to complain (if they need to) so I can gauge myself this salon are of the non caring type but they should still be told.

yep, i will be making it clear to her how unhappy i am when i go tomarow, thanks for the advice
RedAdmiral said:
Oh Tracy dont say any more the place sounds terrible!
I've had 3 complaints all of which I've welcomed;
first was uncured nails due to bulbs, second was a bride who cried because I wouldnt do her nails as she had just removed press ons and showed me 10 greenies! third was a women whose nails came off on holiday- I discovered she had very bad psoriasis so didnt replace.

On all complaints I used knowledge I had of my products, of my learning and even on the third my text books. I want people to complain (if they need to) so I can gauge myself this salon are of the non caring type but they should still be told.

kittenclaws said:
yep, i will be making it clear to her how unhappy i am when i go tomarow, thanks for the advice

good luck and I hope she does the best set she ever did!

RedAdmiral said:
good luck and I hope she does the best set she ever did!

she better or i want my money back, lol

I would ask to see a copy of her qualifications and insurance - I bet she has neither. I am ASTOUNDED she said you didn't need a patch test. She obviously doesn't know her arse from her elbow.

Dont know how I missed this thread :eek: ASTOUNDED right enough Sass!!!

Tracy I would ask for my money back now and go to a salon with qualified insured Therapists who know what they are doing. Dont be a guinie pig for this woman who obviousley hasnt a clue, dont give her a second chance as she isnt a competant Therapist and has no regard for your health and safety.
Have a read of this thread, the re-action I describe is from a eyelash perm patch test, it was one of my College Lecturer and she had used other brands of perm before just not this one:
http://www.thenailgeek.com/showthread.php?t=18700&highlight=patch+test+tinting
Scary stuff!!! This re-action was to a tiny dot of product applied to the crook of her elbow imagine if she had the product applied to her eyes.
What would have happened if you had of re-acted? it doesnt bear thinking about. If she didnt know how to use the products how could she have known what to do if it had gone wrong?
I use Thuya Eyelash Perming and it takes 45 minutes - I dont know of any quicker brands.
KxXx

I don't believe that Ketan could have trained her. Creative are so strict about not mixing products because of reactions, over exposure etc. Maybe if you phone Creative and ask if she has been registered with them as it is bad press for them if there is a tech like this on the loose?

And the rest of us!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Agh

Welll you can lead a horse to water but you cant make it drink..isnt that the saying!
I think she may well have been trained by Ketan....that doesnt mean she has good practices though, its not as if Ketan stands behind her at her station is it.
Some peeps do one course even if its with Creative and then think they know it all and slip into bad habits, just a shame when the odd Creative tech like this lets the name down.

i went back thismorning for my 10am appointment and the tec said she has asked someone else to re do my nails so they wont be re done untill 11am tomarow, she said it was because the other tec has creative liquid to use, and the nail tec who done my nails said she wont have any creative stuff untill shes been to the show, as she only buys it from shows, this just confirmed in my mind shes not creative trained as correct meif im wrong but anyone can buy l&p at the show, with or without creative training, so if she was trained in creative and running a salon surely she would put orders in with creative?????
sorry if im rambling, im so p***** off now, :evil:

OMG. think I would have asked for money back & gone elsewhere. Are they going to compensate you for inconvenience and time wasted. :!:
mind you they might give you voucher to come back for more treatment:eek:

shanp said:
OMG. think I would have asked for money back & gone elsewhere. Are they going to compensate you for inconvenience and time wasted. :!:
mind you they might give you voucher to come back for more treatment:eek:

if they gave me a voucher i think id choke the woman, all i wanted was nice nails and i endup with headache, she didnt even call to tell me she had moved my appointment,
as for asking for the money back, they have tomarow morning to redeam the damage done, or i want every penny back, she said they are doing me a favour by geting someone else to do them, lol
they are so much worse today (i didnt think it was possible for them to get worse) the nail tec said herself the thet if she hadnt done them herself 2 days ago she would have sworn they were about a month old,:irked: as there so nasty

Oh I bet you are fed up now I hope all is sorted soon.

I just can not understand how they can get away with this, I thought you could not use Creative if you were not trained!!!!

I understand that you seem to beable to pick creative up from the likes of ebay and did you say the shows you can buy it! but suley if you have no proff of training with them creative could take that peson to court!!!!! even get the shop closed down maybe I am wrong.

I just hope you get sorted what a pain for you all for a nice set of nails LOL!!!!

Caz xxx

As far as I am aware, this lady is or was creative trained, she is a quailifesd therapist who also manages another salon, so my guess is she just forgot or could not be bothered to do a patch test and was hoping Tracy would not know about it.

jac extreme said:
As far as I am aware, this lady is or was creative trained, she is a quailifesd therapist who also manages another salon, so my guess is she just forgot or could not be bothered to do a patch test and was hoping Tracy would not know about it.

lol, that would be about rite, i am definetly going elsewhare in future, once bitten twice shy, as for the training, whatever training she has had i think she needs some more

I cant believe she didn't have the decency to call you to let you know she moved the appointment. oh well you know where I am:D

I am the worlds biggest cynic and I wondered if Ketan had given a demo at a show and that is the extent of the training she has had.

Sorry if that sounds bitchy but I get so mad when people take the peeeeeeeeeee.

Latest posts

Back