Nouvatan vs Sienna X and a million other questions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dolly6410

Reaction score
hey geeks, i was going to high jack someone elses thread and ask these questions but i had to many and thought i'd get more answers doing just one. I am mobile and currently i use sienna x, i have the sienna x spray tan tent and machine too, i'm not finding spray tans very popular at the moment and really need to get more in asap as my confidence is starting to go down hill due to not doing enough. at the moment i charge £20 a tan because thats average in my area, but i'm starting to think maybe i should put it down? i do a offer if you have a party with 5 or more people all your tans will be £15 each. also i want to get some darker colours, at the moment i only really use 8% sienna x and people are happy with that, but if i get darker then i could reach out to a different clientelle... i've been looking at nouvatan and i've seen alot of good things about it and the price is a little cheaper than sienna, but i'm worried what it would look like if i had different brands of tan? would i look like abit of a cowboy? i dont mean to offend anyone by asking that i'm just abit unsure. also how would you advertise that you do 2 different brands?

Hi Hun!!
Firstly I offer £15 and it did start off slow. I thought about lowering my prices to £10 but im very happy I didnt as it has picked up alot since then. The thing is its very easy to lower your prices but harder to put them back up as you face losing the custom you gained. You should work out whats better for you. I dont think you should aim to be the cheapest in you area as cheaper usually means less quality! Try and use Facebook and word of mouth as much as you can!!
I currently offer Fake Bake & Nouvatan along side each other and I dont think this looks bad at all, if anything it looks good as you are catering to all clients needs! Some people dont like Fake Bake and opt for Nouvatan and vice versa!
Ive just advertised as normal but just stated there are more variation of shades with Nouvatan! xx

I think £20 is a fair price for tans. In slack times like mid Jan - May, I would just do a special offer with Sienna X.
When I first started tanning a few years ago, I stocked Nouvatan & Sienna X. I preferred the smell of Nouvatan, but found the wear off of Sienna X a little better, but there wasn't a great deal in it. I also found after a trial of 8 months that clients called and asked for Sienna X and even when I offered Nouvatan £5 less, they didn't want it because they had not heard of it. (A pity because I like Nouvatan as much as SX)
So, even though both tans are great, I now only offer Sienna X because I personally found it sells better in my area. So think long and hard before adding another brand and spending more money. Check with your clients first. Ask if they would like a change? :)

I think £20 is a fair price for tans. In slack times like mid Jan - May, I would just do a special offer with Sienna X.
When I first started tanning a few years ago, I stocked Nouvatan & Sienna X. I preferred the smell of Nouvatan, but found the wear off of Sienna X a little better, but there wasn't a great deal in it. I also found after a trial of 8 months that clients called and asked for Sienna X and even when I offered Nouvatan £5 less, they didn't want it because they had not heard of it. (A pity because I like Nouvatan as much as SX)
So, even though both tans are great, I now only offer Sienna X because I personally found it sells better in my area. So think long and hard before adding another brand and spending more money. Check with your clients first. Ask if they would like a change? :)
We are in our 4th year now. And are a lot better known than we were a few years back. So I can under stand this Quote. We now have 2 training centres in Essex ( your area ) that are always very busy every Monday, It's great that you trialled our solution. But honestly things are changing. In the next 12 months Nouvatan will be A big Name that your customers will think you were ahead of your time by stocking. Before it was a Big name:biggrin:

I have used both, and ran them side by side for a while, so I don't see a problem with it. My clients have always been happy to be led by my recommendation as to which would suit their skin tone best and produce the colour they hoped for rather than being brand led.

I decided to switch over completely to Nouvatan last year as I was finding this solution had a better colour and fade off, and my clients were happier with the results. For me its not a decision I have regretted, and Nouvatan have a range of percentages I can use, and mix when necessary, to produce the results I need :Love:

As for pricing, mine are the same as yours but I will be running special offer rates of £15 over Jan/Feb as it is so quiet right now.

I'm quite new to all this-trained with Nouvatan before Christmas and due to a lack of confidence I've put advertising off till I'm 100% and just done friends/family so take my waffling with a pinch of salt:D...
I think the thing thats good with Nouvatan is that you can afford to drop your prices a little during quieter times as the solution isn't as expensive as sienna x. I'd make a point of advertising it as a "Winter Blues Beater offer" type thing with a time limit on it -that way your making customers aware straight away that your prices are normally more and they won't feel so put off when they go back up. People like to thing they are getting a good deal especially when times are hard after christmas.
Its unfortunate people are so big name brand led but thats the way it is. :sad:
I'm a little confused myself as what to offer but i know that its good to have a couple of shades to choose from. I was thinking of offering the most popular shade of Sienna X (10%) which i'm trialing at the moment alongside the 8,10,12 and rapid tan (20) of Nouvatan. That way i am able to compete with the others in my area offering sienna. I hope that people take to the Nouvatan-i like the way they don't push too much retail and overprice-though a choice of 1 or 2 aftercare products(sachets) wouldn't go amiss.

If you would like to try a sample from Sunless Solutions then send me a PM. If you havent heard of us I bet people who have been to the trade fairs have seen our stalls, the ones with the coloured HVLP machines!!!!:D

hi Nat Nat, is sunless solutions what is sold at Dennis williams hair & beauty shop? just wanted to check as I see this for sale & was going to purchase some but I'd like to try a sample first if ok please? I apologise if I'm wrong & it isn't sold in dennis' lol x

Latest posts

Back