Nouveau Lashes - £120 a year??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I received the info as well, but to be honest i just havnt had a chance to go through it properly as yet.

However, in terms of the £120 to have your details on their website, I don't see as any big thing, concidering if you get 10 referals for the year, thats over a £1000 ponds,initially, not the maintenece costs as well, for clients that might not have found you. But also in terms of consumers they trust technicians tha are listed on the site, as we all know loads of people say they were trained by this place and that place, and you find out that they werent.

For this company you have to remember that Victoria Beckham aongst others endorses their product, she doesn't have to but she chooses to as she loves the product/end result so much.

So if you want to be affiliated with that type of media interest, then it doesnt coe cheap, but at £10 per month then me personaly thin its worth it.

I have become really good friends with one of my trainers, and she is sooo helpful and supportive etc, and i personaly couldnt' ask any more from the copany as they ar professional and competent in my experience. The maketing disk that you get fro free in your kit costs quite a bit, but they are letting you use their images as well for any prootion that you want to do, we are not being charged royalty on this, which they could do and they would have a right to.

So i guess it deoends on how you look at it.

Yes maybe the wording is a little misleading, but im paying the £120 as it;s investment in my business and I know for a fact that I am the only technician within my area right now.

I have been searching the Nouveau site over the last couple of days and I cannot find ANY salon in ANY area listed on the "find a salon" - either no one yet has paid or they are slow to update their site.

I am afraid that I am a bit cynical when it comes to celebrity endorsements - it just means that they have been given some freebies provided they put their name to it LOL.

I can't tell you whether victoria had her lashes done for free initially youd have to ask her therapist at strip, but i do kno that she continues to wear them just as she does st tropez.

But i do understand what you are saying, don't get me wrong, i'm just as scepticle as you can be and i research and research etc etc before i buy or invest. But we all have our opinions and our reasons why we do what we do, and why we go with the manufacturers.

As i say my personal experience with the company has only been good.

nailcouture said:
The maketing disk that you get fro free in your kit costs quite a bit, but they are letting you use their images as well for any prootion that you want to do, we are not being charged royalty on this, which they could do and they would have a right to.

Well I'm pleased you've had such a good experience with the company Philippa!

Can I just ask how you worked out the marketing disk was 'free' when the kit costs £280?

The reason Nouveau let technicians use their images is because it's a mutually beneficial relationship....the technician gets professional looking literature and Nouveau get lots of exposure. Can I just remind you that there is not a single company that would not allow someone they had trained to use their logos and images. Nouveau isn't any different.

Where they are different is loyalty to the technicians who have chosen and paid to train with them i.e - there is none.

I'm with fiona (nn) on this one about celebrity endorsements. Sienna Miller loves Su-do (we use Su-do, they ain't charging us the earth for web space because of Ms Miller), same goes for dermalogica, Universal Contour Wrap....the list goes on....

Fiona....any ideas on screen caps darling?

Yes, I have heard and read that Victoria Beckham is a fan of eyelash extensions, but I have not read that she specifically uses Nouveau lashes. Can anyone find that information and provide it? I have not read anywhere that she specifically endorses any particular brand over another. I would love to see evidence that Nouveau Lashes is the chosen brand by Victoria Beckham. If Nouveau lashes claims that Posh uses their brand of extensions, then they should be able to provide proof. Otherwise they are misleading comsumers by making false statements.

Natural Nails.............in answer to you not being able to find ANY slaon in ANY area, it does clearly state on the website in pink..........this is a new feature that is being updated, please call the office number that the company has for further information...............

If you want to do a screen capture, if you are using windows, just clieck on FILE, then SAVE AS. You will save the entire webpage. If they go back to make a change, you will always have that page saved. Hope it works! I'm not much of a computer person.

Ha! Well done darl....have just done so:)

Philippa, which trainer from Nouveau is it that you're "really good friends with"? I'm guessing it's one of the South London ones seeing as that's where you're based?

I received the £120 scheme/rip off info early last week, which said they would upload salon info as soon as anyone applied. Guess we'll be seeing how successful this scheme is in the next couple of weeks then....

There are so many different companies that offer eyelash extensions and obviously everyone has their own personal preference. Each company has their own clientele. I am now a loyal customer of Lash Beauty, but that is not to say that other companies are not good as well. That is why this forum is so great, everyone can share their experiences so that other people can gather information on selecting a company. The reason why I have continued to purchase from them is because I have been extremely happy with the quality of their products and most importantly, I am made to feel like they value my business. I feel that it is the little things that matter. With hundreds of eyelash venders all selling similar items, I want to know that they have my best interest in my mind. I guess the most important thing is that people who are looking to try a new company really needs to do their research. We all need to value what everyone has to say and respect the fact that these are personal experiences we are sharing.

Well said dg :green:

I must say that I strongly feel that companies should not charge to list salons that use and endores their products. I understand that it may not seem like a lot of money to some people, but it's the principle. Why charge for the listing service if you really want the salons to do well and for people to know that they are using your company's products. It seems like another way to rake in more money. Most companies do not charge to list, for example Lavish Lashes in the United States and Xtreme Lashes in the United States and Lash Beauty from Australia do not charge to provide the public with the salon listing. It should be a free benefit if a salon is using their products!

AmydeMan said:
Oh dreamgurl you're becoming more of a star every time you post on this thread!

I'm off to look at Nouveau's site, and then send them another email.

Does anyone know how to do a screen capture, just in case they receive my email then change the information?

btw....you're really selling Lash Beauty to me, I went for a look on friday and I'm going to place my order tomorrow. They sound so nice that perhaps if I mentioned you recommended them to me, you might get a discount on your next order or something?:)

I didn't mean to sell Lash beauty to you! :) I was just sharing my experience. After hearing about your experience with Nouveau Lashes, I felt compelled to share my experience as well. I hope they live up the the expectation! Actually, because I order so much stuff from them, they often give me little discounts now and then. For exmaple, when I order 75 coatings, they will often give me a couple extra for free. But I do love that they always send me an email, or call me a week or two after I receive my order to check how things are going. To me, that reflects that they care about their customers becaue they take the time to followup on the sales.

Can I just ask how you worked out the marketing disk was 'free' when the kit costs £280?

The reason Nouveau let technicians use their images is because it's a mutually beneficial relationship....the technician gets professional looking literature and Nouveau get lots of exposure. Can I just remind you that there is not a single company that would not allow someone they had trained to use their logos and images. Nouveau isn't any different.

Where they are different is loyalty to the technicians who have chosen and paid to train with them i.e - there is none.

I'm with fiona (nn) on this one about celebrity endorsements. Sienna Miller loves Su-do (we use Su-do, they ain't charging us the earth for web space because of Ms Miller), same goes for dermalogica, Universal Contour Wrap....the list goes on....

Ok i did say that the marketing disk comes free within your training kit.............add up the products that you have in your kit and see what it comes to and then see of the marketing disk that you get isnt FREE................Yes it is a mutally beneficial arrangement, but then so is getting your image aproval via creative etc etc done and i never claimed that the company was any different, just that Nouveau and Creative etc, ahve the right to charge us a royalty fee for images used!!

In terms of the company being loyal to their technicians i can only go by my experience, and they have been really good to me. Please do not set about bashing ME when i am NOT the company, i am only a technician that uses their products and after great and lengthy research i chose to train with them!

I am just stating my personal opinion..........as you are yours, but I am not personally attacking you!

In terms of them not being able to provide endorsment stuff by Victoria..................Quote.........thanks must go to Victoria Beckham and her lash technician Maria Louise from Strip in Notting Hill for allowing us to use her name in our publicity campaign. Victoria has told us that she is delighted with her Nouveau Lashes and has them maintained before any public appearance she makes. Unfortuantely, other companies are claiming to have supplied Victoria wich has enraged both her and her therapist so we'll see what action follows. We are not particualrly happy about this either! un quote

So if your saying that the company has been misleading in saying that VB wears Nouveau Lashes...................you are the one being misleading as you are not fully informed of the facts, and if you require information on the campaign, then i suggest you contact the office on 08456 443 944.

nailcouture said:

Ok i did say that the marketing disk comes free within your training kit.............add up the products that you have in your kit and see what it comes to and then see of the marketing disk that you get isnt FREE................Yes it is a mutally beneficial arrangement, but then so is getting your image aproval via creative etc etc done and i never claimed that the company was any different, just that Nouveau and Creative etc, ahve the right to charge us a royalty fee for images used!!

In terms of the company being loyal to their technicians i can only go by my experience, and they have been really good to me. Please do not set about bashing ME when i am NOT the company, i am only a technician that uses their products and after great and lengthy research i chose to train with them!

I am just stating my personal opinion..........as you are yours, but I am not personally attacking you!

In terms of them not being able to provide endorsment stuff by Victoria..................Quote.........thanks must go to Victoria Beckham and her lash technician Maria Louise from Strip in Notting Hill for allowing us to use her name in our publicity campaign. Victoria has told us that she is delighted with her Nouveau Lashes and has them maintained before any public appearance she makes. Unfortuantely, other companies are claiming to have supplied Victoria wich has enraged both her and her therapist so we'll see what action follows. We are not particualrly happy about this either! un quote

So if your saying that the company has been misleading in saying that VB wears Nouveau Lashes...................you are the one being misleading as you are not fully informed of the facts, and if you require information on the campaign, then i suggest you contact the office on 08456 443 944.

My goodness, I did not say that they are misleading! I said that IF they claim that Victooria Beckham uses their products, they should provide proof OTHERWISE it is misleading. I had not read anywhere that she specifically chooses one brand over another, so I was asking for information.

nailcouture said:
Please do not set about bashing ME when i am NOT the company, i am only a technician that uses their products and after great and lengthy research i chose to train with them!

I am certainly not bashing you, Philippa! But you are certainly sticking up for Nouveau! Of course you're entitled to your own opinion, no-one has said otherwise. Could you please point out what I have said that has "personally attacked" you?

As for dreamgurl's comments, I think she wanted an impartial quote from a newspaper or such like, not just a paragraph from Nouveau's newsletter. Though I am quite sure it is Nouveau Lashes that VB has.

dg - I didn't literally mean selling, but you have been lovely and helpful lady:)

AmydeMan said:
I am certainly not bashing you, Philippa! But you are certainly sticking up for Nouveau! Of course you're entitled to your own opinion, no-one has said otherwise. Could you please point out what I have said that has "personally attacked" you?

As for dreamgurl's comments, I think she wanted an impartial quote from a newspaper or such like, not just a paragraph from Nouveau's newsletter. Though I am quite sure it is Nouveau Lashes that VB has.

dg - I didn't literally mean selling, but you have been lovely and helpful lady:)

Thank you Amy! Yes, I wanted an unbiased media reference to VB using Nouveau Lashes. It's just that I feel that companies can always CLAIM celebrities are using their products and I like find it more trustworthy if the statement does not come directly form the company themselves. More often than not, it is because the technician uses the brand and the celebrity goes to the technician for the service. Then suddenly, people say that the celebrity endorses the brand. So, Nailcouture, I do not mean to be bashing you, it's just that I have an inquisitive mind and I like to ask lots of questions. We all have a right to our opinion and that is what this forum is for.

And Amy, I am glad that I was able to help in a little way. :) I am also glad you started this thread, it certainly has been a popular thread the last couple of days, stirring lots of interest!

Also Amy, I would love to know how Nouveau Lashes responds to your email asking them why their website states that certified technicians will be listed on their website for free! Hehehehe

Dream girl,

As i said contact the office or majority of the womens magazines that you can purchase anywhere and you will be able to get the info you are seeking.
In terms of asking questions, cool thats what we all are on here for, asing or sourcing.

In the news letter Amy it states :The cost for inclusion within the scheme will be £120 per year. Less than the profit made on 2 treatments which equates to just £10 per month. We intend to put all the profits back in to the scheme by advertising the web site through internet marketing tools and end user advertising.

What Do I Get:

What's included is your own page on our website to advertise your salon or business name, location and conact details and up to 70 words of narrative. Most importantly, there is room for your own company logo and a link to your own site.

If we do it now, we actually get 14 months exposure/referal for th price of 12.

Can I ask why you trained with Nouveau in the first place?

I will certainly be posting when I receive an email back from Nouveau!

I'm pleased I started this thread too, it's hard to know what to do when you so want your salon and work to be advertised, but don't want to be ripped off at the same time. All the replies on here in support of my decision have made me feel much better about sourcing from elsewhere.

Thanks everyone:D

nailcouture said:
Can I ask why you trained with Nouveau in the first place?

You certainly can, Philippa!

There was only really two lash extension companies to choose from last October, that offered training reasonably near. A lady in Liverpool who I vaguely knew had been one of the first people in the UK to train with Nouveau, so I rang her to ask her opinion.
She said she gained a good level of knowledge, enjoyed the course, was getting lots of interest from clients.
I went and had my lashes done by her for a discounted price (lovely lady!) and thought they were great, so booked myself in for early October.

The rest is history as they say!

Yes, Amy, I think most people agree that there should not be a charge to be listed. I also respect the fact that nailcouture feels that it is worth the money. Obviosly, different people feel differently about the issue. I think we can all agree to disagree! :)

Nouveau Lashes says that you make the money back with one referall. but if they didn't charge you for the listing service, you would have an extra 120 pounds in your wallet, instead of just breaking even!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back