Nouveau Lashes - £120 a year??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
dreamgurl said:
It has been 3 days and Nouveau Lashes has still not responded to my questions. I would like to give them the nenefit of the doubt and that they have been too busy to respond. However, Dave was quite quick to respond last week to try to defend their marketing scheme. But now that it is obvious that their reasons for the 120 pound charge is not holding up, they are not coming back to defend it. Again, this reflects very poorly on Nouveau lashes as they refuse to address the issues. Not very professional at all. They seem to be avoiding the questions. Perhaps it is because they don't have any answers for the questions and they realize that the people on this forum are clever and see though the scheme? After saying that, I hope I am wrong and that Nouveau lashes will answer the questions. I am not the only one waiting to see what Nouveau as to say in their defence. There are quite a few people on here waiting as well. I guess we will all have to continue waiting...........

lol i was wondering this too!

Just to inform you all, Karen Betts phoned me yesterday wanting a chat about what's been said both on this thread and in private emails.

We are yet to have this chat as we are both busy ladies. We've managed to schedule some time in for each other tomorrow morning, so I shall post back on here as and when.

I do agree dreamgurl, it would be nice to have your questions answered.

I spoke with Karen Betts yesterday morning.

Mainly she just explained what has already been said on here (about the pay per clicks Google advertising) but in more detail.

She agreed the 'Marketing Material' part of the Nouveau website was misleading, and (her words) "held her hands up to it."

She is looking into adding a basic listing for free on the Nouveau website.

Nothing was said regarding Dave 'calling me out' on this thread.

I contemplated about mentioning that some people are waiting for their questions to be answered on this thread, but thought better of it. They know where this forum is and are probably following the progress of this thread. It is up to them whether they choose to respond or not. Although I, too, would like dreamgurl's questions to be answered on here.

Karen said she wanted to keep me as she valued me as a client. Our conversation was amicable, and I have nothing against Karen personally. I do resent the fact my 'plight' had to come this far before I got a decent response. My faith in Nouveau has not been restored, but I appreciate what Karen was trying to achieve with her gesture.

I received a call from Dave Hemingway this afternoon, informing me that salon listings on Nouveau's website will now be free for all Nouveau-trained technicians.

I was also told that the money they were planning to spend on online advertising/marketing will still go ahead, but will be footed by Nouveau themselves.

I am obviously pleased with the outcome, and appreciated Dave phoning me in person to inform me of such.

However, as said in the above post, I am slightly disappointed this saga had to be dragged on for a fair while before any satisfactory conclusion was reached.

For the moment, I am still satisfied to be affiliated with Nouveau, as they have rectified the situation acceptably, although their remedying of the circumstances came late.

Full marks to Nouveau for this, Just remember that business decisions aren't always made overnight and they would have weighed up all the pros and cons before coming to this decision so let's just give them credit where credit's due.

Sassy Hassy said:
Full marks to Nouveau for this, Just remember that business decisions aren't always made overnight and they would have weighed up all the pros and cons before coming to this decision so let's just give them credit where credit's due.

Just wanted to echo what Sassy has said, some companies wouldnt have made such an effort...! Its nice too see.

Sassy Hassy said:

Yup, I've said I appreciate their change of heart.

By 'late remedying of the situation' I didn't make myself clear. I meant I don't understand why Dave had to come on here and try to discredit what I'd said and my having to retaliate before we got any where. I do understand that with business things take time.

But the saga is over! So no more 'heated discussions' thank God!

Dave is also my official secret admirer now:lol:

I forgot to post this above, but Many thanks to all on this board who supported me on this thread and helped achieve this outcome

Hi guys
Sorry that some of you have had problems with Nouveau Lashes..i quite shocked to see that some of us geeks had a bad time with them.

I went on the course had a fab day learnt how to do lashes.

The trainers were great

We all had free lunch on the day

I have called several times with questions & they have answered all of them.

I have booked in with one of the trainers to have my lashes done for my hols.

I was over the moon when i found that i could advertise on Nouveau web site.
( i do not have my own web set up yet & felt this was a great advert space for a while)

I think it's a great way to advertise all your treatments/salon...AND ITS FREE NOW.

Jennyx

I was actually just responding to the part of your post that named me. My local advertising ‘strategies’ are just as valid when talking about impulse buying….a consumer sees Nouveau Lashes advertised in a national glossy, they act on impulse and call Nouveau directly; a consumer sees Nouveau Lashes by Amy de Man advertised in my local newspaper/lifestyle magazine, they act on impulse and call the salon directly.

Although I appreciate the clients I have received through Nouveau’s referral scheme, I see the referral scheme as ‘normal procedure’ for a company to offer the technicians that have paid to train with them. Not a super-special, ‘aren’t I lucky’ wonder-service. The Wirral area has quite a few lash technicians now, so that when a consumer gets a referral from Nouveau they have a number of salons to choose from , when a consumer sees my advert, they contact me.

I have never accused you of personally attacking me, Philippa.

As I said when you first posted on this thread, I am pleased you have had a good experience with Nouveau Lashes and hope you continue to do so.

natural nails has very much offered me the hand of friendship (and some excellent tips on boosting my website’s effectiveness!) and the comment I made in reply to Dave Hemingway’s post was in no way meant to be disparaging to her. I used natural nails as an example (sorry for ‘using’ you darling) to demonstrate how some might believe Mr Hemingway would not post such allegations without examining the whole thread thoroughly first, and subsequently believe what he has posted without checking for themselves (I certainly wouldn’t - this thread is four pages long!).

*edited because my font was huge. I couldn't get it less huge, sorry!*

I have been reading this right from the start and think AMY and DREAMGURL would make great columnists for the beauty industry, theres plenty of companies who want to take training money, kit price money then advertising money, Amy you are spot on and you have made nouveau nails look greedy and unprofessional well done x

THIS POST IS 3 YEARS OLD !!! Why has it been resurected??? Things are not even be the same now as they were then.

I am training with nouveau very soon and can't wait. If things were still the same, one treatment from being listed would pay for the fee .... that sounds worth it to me.

Last edited:
I'm trained with Nouveau lashes and as yet haven'y heard any of this through them yet!!! If offered I will not be paying £120 a year and I think if they are desperate enough to charge people who have already paid for their education then the recession is obviously hitting them hard and they have jumped on the bandwagon of passing their losses onto the hardworking techs who already promote them. They are not indispensable and I will take my business and money elsewhere.

I'm trained with Nouveau lashes and as yet haven'y heard any of this through them yet!!! If offered I will not be paying £120 a year and I think if they are desperate enough to charge people who have already paid for their education then the recession is obviously hitting them hard and they have jumped on the bandwagon of passing their losses onto the hardworking techs who already promote them. They are not indispensable and I will take my business and money elsewhere.

This is rediculous .. if you read the thread you will see that nouveau are not doing this at all. In fact it is so silly resurrecting this 3 year old thread that I AM GOING TO CLOSE IT BEFORE it just rakes up old rubbish.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back