Nsi Balance geeks!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

butterfly100

Reaction score
I have a nail biter tomorow night and want try extending the nailbed a little to give a more natural look............i haven`t tried this yet mainly because Nsi don`t do a full coverage gel!
So i was thinking of mixing a very small amount of either brush-on french white or soft white with the sheer pink builder that i would normally use! I don`t think this method would acheive full coverage but might be a big improvement!!
Has anyone tried it and was it a sucess???
Would greatly appreciate your feedback on this xxx :)

Hi

I have not yet used sheer pink but i use Builder blush and it hides nail biter sins quite well.

xx

Builder radiant pink mixed with builder blush would make a good coverage colour.

I know you said you use NSI Balance gels, but have a read of this thread... http://www.salongeek.com/nail-geek/11763-mixing-breeze-brisa.html
Ruth mixed a bit of POW with pink sculpting gel and the result was a nice coloured coverage gel.
Have a go at it with your NSI gels and see if you can get a good mix before your client tonight.
hth's

I use Balance gels but have not tried mixing pow and pink. I know another geek that has but she not online at the moment. I am sure she did it with Balance and IBD gels but cant be certain which.

I am sure she said that you have to be a bit careful or you end up with a bubblegum looking colour but it does work so I would try it but add a little at a time.

HTH

Rachel

I spoke to Nsi this morning and the lady was quite helpful, she said that although they don`t really recommend it (not really sure why, i suppose so there is no come backs on them if it doesn`t cure properly!) that a lot of people have done this and its been fine!!
So i`m off to to my lab to produce the perfect colour (hopefully!!) for tonight!

Thanks for all the advice, i will take note when mixing it and let you know the results tomorrow!! Naomi xx

Ok i have done my client this evening and it all went well but not really according to plan for a couple of reasons!
1- The nails were not quite as short as i first anticipated
2- I lost my confidence for the custom blend

Sounds silly but i like to be honest and she was really pleased and so was i !!
I did mix up a custom colour using Sheer pink, brush on white and a touch of peach pink, and i tried this out on myself this afternoon and although it covered quite well it looked too false imo and i wasn`t 100% happy with it!!
Any way i used natural tips and a mix of sheer pink and a touch of white to make a lovely pastel pink which gave the nail a good healthy look until she has a longer nailbed for a french look (which is what she really wants) !!

Thank all for your help, i have enjoyed this one and and learn`t from it too! xx

So glad it all went ok in the end with this lady! Sounds like you did the right thing! Bet she's thrilled! Well done x:)

Latest posts

Back