NSI Finish clear?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IbizaNails09

Reaction score
Hello geeks!

I have started using NSI glaze n go and it's great! However, i didnt really see the point of finish clear before i started usng this as it always goes dull when i cleanse it so i have to put a coat of clear varnish on anyway, now i use glaze and go i really don't see the point of it! Am i missing something or is it ok to just go from builder gel to glze and go, missing out the finish clear stage?

Thanks again in advance geeks!

I used to buff to a high shine, untill I turned to another geek for advice on how to cut my times down , she asked me why I waste time buffing the nail to a shine??I said because I was taught that way,heh she said try some of this and pulled out some top coat gel,you know what I love using it now and yes it did help cut some of my time down. Even now sometimes when I do my own nails I sometimes buff them up,but then later decide I cant be without me glaze n go , and on it goes.

Hello geeks!

I have started using NSI glaze n go and it's great! However, i didnt really see the point of finish clear before i started usng this as it always goes dull when i cleanse it so i have to put a coat of clear varnish on anyway, now i use glaze and go i really don't see the point of it! Am i missing something or is it ok to just go from builder gel to glze and go, missing out the finish clear stage?

Thanks again in advance geeks!

Hi, you just do your refining and buffing of the enhancement after your final layer of builder and then apply the glaze & go. Finish clear is just for a gloss shine - just like G&G - so you don't need both but one or the other.

Hope that helps.

However, i didnt really see the point of finish clear before i started usng this as it always goes dull when i cleanse it so i have to put a coat of clear varnish on anyway

Try applying it a bit thicker (not much) and cure for 120 sec. :green:

Try applying it a bit thicker (not much) and cure for 120 sec. :green:

Christine is right - Finish Clear can go dull if it is not applied thick enough (or your lamp bulbs need to be changed). That being said, if you are happy to Glaze 'n Go, then that is all you need!

Glaze 'n Go was originally formulated for use over acrylics, but can be used over gels, wraps, etc. A lot of people like that it can be brushed on like polish and use it as a substitute for Finish Clear.

Thanks everyone, that makes sense, i think i'll stick with the glaze n go as it's quicker and it gives a great finish! x

Thumbs up to you,I love it :)

Silly question but can you use glaze and go on natural nails after a manicure?

No sorry you cant unfortunatly,the other alternative is Star nails quatrro ,but the polish needs to be really really dry before you apply it.

i use nsi finish clear to apply my glitters with it is allows a thin application rather than using the clear builder gel.its works fab and i wouldnt use anything for this.
i wouldnt be without glaze n go i love it.x

I tried using glaze n go for a while on my gel nail clients but it just shattered and cracked and i was constantly doing nail repairs. Also these little bumps would raise after being cured. I quickly switched back to Finish Clear. I did have that dull problem for a while I narrowed it down to either my Uv lights going out, or what i was using for a cleanser.

What do you use to clean the nail before appling topcoat? I was using cheap nail polish remover because i ran out of Cleanse and it made the nail dull. Now i either use Cleanse or alcohol (the main ingredient of Cleanse, just stinky because there is not added fragrence)

And make sure to cure for a full 2 mins and make sure your clients thumbs are getting light.

If Glaze 'n Go was cracking, then you were probably applying it too thin. When you apply Glaze 'n Go, don't press down too hard on the brush (it shouldn't bend). Just use the brush to gently glide the product over the enhancement. We have a video on our web site called More Glaze 'n Go Techniques that shows this: Learn NSI Acrylic, Gel, Gel Polish & Nail Art Techniques Just have to be registered on the site to view it.

I tried using glaze n go as a top coat on my clients who get gel nails, but it just cracks and shatters on the nail. Is there a secret im missing? i switched back to finish clear agian. Also glaze n go glows in blacklight meaning most bars, so clients were comlaining lol

I LOVE LOVE LOVE Glaze n Go!! I have always used it and never had any problems with it. As said above it needs to be applied fairly thick (obviously not too thick though) then it won't crack.

My clients love that it glows when they are out in bars! :wink2:

Normally happens if there are air bubbles in the glaze after you have applied it then cured it.Really look for them on the nail before you cure.x

Latest posts

Back