NSI Polish Pro or CND Shellac?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

x7xnatx7x

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

New to Salon Geek, but really need your help please.

For weeks I've been researching CND shellac & Nsi Polish Pro Polishes to introduce to my clients but I'm not sure which i should invest in.
I'm looking for someone who has used both and to say truthfully what they prefer. Or has anyone used Polish Pro recently since the brush has changed and don't like it!!!

I am Nsi trained, so I have Nsi UV lamp....it would be a cheaper investment to buy Polish Pro but haven't heard of alot of people using these Polishes.
I have heard non stop brilliant reports on shellac but would have to invest in the CND lamp, which is a costly decision as i'm only mobile and do nails part-time.

I don't wanna buy CND Shellac if Nsi Polish Pro is as good.

I really appreciate all your help and advice

Thanks x

There is a polish pro group which you could have a look at, and of course there is a Shellac group. You could also try doing a search on here.

The key difference is that you have to buff before the polish pro, but not the Shellac. And of course, they are two different products because Shellac is a hybrid gel/polish.

They really are two quite different things. Shellac is marketed to natural nail clients who want their natural nails looked after with love and care.

Shellac is asked for by name and coloured gel is not the same. I've had coloured gels for years .. no one was clamouring for them the way they are for Shellac. I would take advantage of that. And the CND lamp is not expensive and is a marvelous lamp with 5 finger cure which saves so much time. No brainer really.

Hi there
I have never used shellac so I cant comment on it but I have been using polish pro since january and both myself and my customers love it. Its easy to use with beautiful vived colours lasts 2-3 weeks and it soaks of in under 10 minutes it reeally does do 'exactly wat it says on the tin' lol
The polish pro bottles are 15ml and very competitively priced hth:)

They really are two quite different things. Shellac is marketed to natural nail clients who want their natural nails looked after with love and care.

Shellac is asked for by name and coloured gel is not the same. I've had coloured gels for years .. no one was clamouring for them the way they are for Shellac. I would take advantage of that. And the CND lamp is not expensive and is a marvelous lamp with 5 finger cure which saves so much time. No brainer really.

Couldn't agree more! I actually get annoyed when someone is saying that whatever they use is like Shellac!

I say to my clients, if doesn't say Shellac on the bottle it's clearly not Shellac!

I love Shellac for everything it does. It made me super popular and busy, to the point that I have to employ someone as don't have enough time in the day to fit everyone in.

I love it for nail art purposes. Gained a lot of new clients who never had their nails even painted with ordinary vanish in the salon.

Hope you pick the right one for you.

Nail designer with a twist;)

I noticed that you are in Glasgow. If I were you I would go along to Scottish Beauty in Edinburgh on 17th April with naked nails and test them all out for yourself. At the show you can get an expert in each system to apply their product. Take a note book with you and note down things like prep, timings etc. and, of course, which company did which nail!

You can then see how each product performs on you over a couple of weeks and then have a go a removing each one yourself - again to see which system you prefer.

JuicyLucy has some good advice hun.
I'm pretty sure ive just read a thread pretty much asking the same thing lol. I havent used either but i have seen that Shellac is extremely popular and is spoken about way more then Polish pro has been. Im looking into using NSI products myself but also want to use shellac. Im thinking im just going to invest in both (inc lamps). This way i can give my clients the best of both worlds. Hope the helps some :)

I was in the same dilemma and after looking into both in great detail decided to go with Shellac. I thought its such a unique product.
Also the fact that you don't need to buff the natural nail is a big plus for me.
I'm not CND trained (yet roll on 9th may) and was worried about the outlay for more products. But after looking at the prices against Polish Pro I was pleasantly surprised. Also even though I do already have a lamp the new CND lamp will pay for itself in no time. To be able to cure all 5 fingers and have the timer is great.
I'm very new here so hope you don't mind my little input x
Vicki

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek

I was in the same dilemma and after looking into both in great detail decided to go with Shellac. I thought its such a unique product.
Also the fact that you don't need to buff the natural nail is a big plus for me.
I'm not CND trained (yet roll on 9th may) and was worried about the outlay for more products. But after looking at the prices against Polish Pro I was pleasantly surprised. Also even though I do already have a lamp the new CND lamp will pay for itself in no time. To be able to cure all 5 fingers and have the timer is great.
I'm very new here so hope you don't mind my little input x
Vicki

You are most welcome to the site and any input is happily received! :hug:

The key difference is that you have to buff before the polish pro, but not the Shellac. And of course, they are two different products because Shellac is a hybrid gel/polish.

From the NSI website; "Rather than simply a blend of gel and polish, Polish Pro is a fusion of many different ingredients that result in the most resilient natural nail manicure or pedicure. These raw ingredients include oligomers, monomers, photoinitiators, among others, all making up what NSI is calling a Poly-Oligomer."

Couldn't agree more! I actually get annoyed when someone is saying that whatever they use is like Shellac!

Ditto! I get even more annoyed when I have a new shellac client and I ask if they have tried Shellac before and they say yes. I ask where they got it done and what colour (just to be nosy) and they say oh it was called "such and such" but wasnt in the type of bottle I have. I say oh thats not shellac that must be something else.
Its the same with minx, lots of salons advertise minx but dont use the proper products. I get calls from girls asking for minx and when they say what they want its not even a minx design!

Hate people who false advertise!

Anyway, I would chose shellac all day long! I waited a few months after it came out to get it and I really wish I could it when it was launched. Its my most popular service and as Gigi said people ask for it by name as its so widely known. People actually google shellac in their area to find someone who does it.

What I think is a massive deciding factor- both products are marketed for natural nail care clients however nsi step by steps for applying Polish Pro include buffing the natural nail and With Shellac that is not necessary. I use Shellac and I love it, plus can't wait for the new colours!

From the NSI website; "Rather than simply a blend of gel and polish, Polish Pro is a fusion of many different ingredients that result in the most resilient natural nail manicure or pedicure. These raw ingredients include oligomers, monomers, photoinitiators, among others, all making up what NSI is calling a Poly-Oligomer."

:lol::lol:

Shellac is no simple blend of gel and polish believe me. You'll have to go to others to get that one!

The ingredients listed in the above post are in every gel which are all 'poly-oligamers'. What's more, monomers and oligamers' and photo initiators are not raw ingredients; they are made up of hundreds of chemicals that ARE the raw ingredients. Don't you hate it when people try to fool the public with information which they don't understand anyway?

I'm not CND trained (yet roll on 9th may) and was worried about the outlay for more products. But after looking at the prices against Polish Pro I was pleasantly surprised x
Vicki

Don't forget to look at bottle sizes when comparing prices.

Yes the same bottle size costs a bit more but the amount of advertising that's been done for Shellac and the way it's asked for by name makes me feel I will sell more = more money (profit)
Did that make sense??? Sounds different in my head :)
xx

I tried polish pro and had a nightmare with it as it is too thick and hard to apply in thin coats as you are supposed to do. I had numerous complaints and the product was not lasting. I have been using OPI soak off gels with no issues and I am sure I was doing nothing wrong and following the instructions. Then NSI changed their instructions as looks like others were have issues too and I still feel that this did not resolve my issues. I have now tried shellac and have never looked back, I have happy clients with nails that last and no filing of the natural nail. This product is so easy to apply and I love the colours. Wish I had used this from the start and it is a pity I have lost £250 I layed out for the polish pro.

I've been using polish pro and never had any problems!

Its interesting to see the different opinions people have on the products. I guess its down to personal preferance in the end?

:lol::lol:

Shellac is no simple blend of gel and polish believe me. You'll have to go to others to get that one!

The ingredients listed in the above post are in every gel which are all 'poly-oligamers'. What's more, monomers and oligamers' and photo initiators are not raw ingredients; they are made up of hundreds of chemicals that ARE the raw ingredients. Don't you hate it when people try to fool the public with information which they don't understand anyway?

:eek: Misunderstand me correct but SJK wrote that Shellac is a hybrid gel/polish. So I quoted what it says about Polish Pro on the NSI website and indirectly asking "isn't Polish Pro also a hybrid gel/polish?" :green:

I haven't tried any of them. But I have ordered Polish Pro to try, as I have the NSI full hand lamp after my conversion in 2009 (and obviously do not want to use Shellac with my NSI lamp:eek:). Anyway, I thought I'd give it a try before investing in a whole new system!

:eek: Misunderstand me correct but SJK wrote that Shellac is a hybrid gel/polish. So I quoted what it says about Polish Pro on the NSI website and indirectly asking "isn't Polish Pro also a hybrid gel/polish?" :green:

I haven't tried any of them. But I have ordered Polish Pro to try, as I have the NSI full hand lamp after my conversion in 2009 (and obviously do not want to use Shellac with my NSI lamp:eek:). Anyway, I thought I'd give it a try before investing in a whole new system!

No. Polish pro is a thin coloured gel and not a hybrid gel polish. If you want to know the Science behind Shellac then look in the Articles section of the site and read all about it.

http://www.salongeek.com/training/113923-shellac-science-very-cool-understand-know-how-use.html

Latest posts

Back