NSI That's It? Instant Nail Art! Thoughts please!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alexandrajames

Reaction score
Hi there guys,
I am not very good at nail art at all but would like to offer it to clients as an option.
I would like your thoughts On NSI's That's It? Instant Nail Art. Do many of you use them and think they are any good?
Thanks xx
pixel.gif

Sorry I Hand Paint
But Some Instant Nail Art Are Good
Good Luck

The instant nail art is ok, you have to apply to tacky polish though which means you cant apply a gel top coat over the top.

i have applied them to buffed nails in the past but its not as sucessful and you can waste a few transfers.

Have you thought about using crushed shells, dried flowers and glitters? You can create very simple designs with these and i find them alot more effective than using transfers.

HTH

Rachel x

Last edited:
It is my honest opinion that nail art is not worth the hassle. I offer glitter acrylics (but at £5 a set more, they are not popular) and the odd acrylic 3d flower (at £1 each they usually only have one on each hand and that's for a special occasion lol) but that's it really. (Where's the tight-arse smiley??)

Over the years I have dabbled with striping tape, foils, striper pens, stickers etc, and what I find happens is this: the client will umm and arr about whether or not to have any nail art, then when you've finished their infill/new set, they spend 10 minutes perusing designs, another 5 minutes discussing how you would adapt any display designs to suit their nail (or purse), then you have to sit and wait for their polish to dry sufficiently for you to start on them (at least another 5 minutes), then while you're doing it they change their mind :grr:

So after an extra half an hour or so of farting about, you end up with another fiver or whatever and you've probably made your next client late cos they faffed for so long. Or if you did book them sufficient faffing about time, you can bet your life that will be the one time they decide that a pink rhinestone on the ring finger is enough this time, and you will be sitting there for twenty five minutes twiddling your thumbs where you could have been at least half way through your next client's infills.

Sorry to be so negative, this has been my honest experience of nail art but I hope you have more luck :hug:

Edit to add: I have used Nailtopia stickers which are similar but have found that the top coat often yellows over the top of the more raised ones

i think most people i do dont have any nail art either.i have the same thing with them deciding and then changing there minds.
on the positive side i do like some sort of nail art and so do some of my clients but i have never tried thats it from nsi,even though i use there products, but i presume its abit like nail foil to which in my experience just didnt last and was abit of a fuffle to put on.
the only way YOU will know is to try it.good luck:)

It is my honest opinion that nail art is not worth the hassle. I offer glitter acrylics (but at £5 a set more, they are not popular) and the odd acrylic 3d flower (at £1 each they usually only have one on each hand and that's for a special occasion lol) but that's it really. (Where's the tight-arse smiley??)

Over the years I have dabbled with striping tape, foils, striper pens, stickers etc, and what I find happens is this: the client will umm and arr about whether or not to have any nail art, then when you've finished their infill/new set, they spend 10 minutes perusing designs, another 5 minutes discussing how you would adapt any display designs to suit their nail (or purse), then you have to sit and wait for their polish to dry sufficiently for you to start on them (at least another 5 minutes), then while you're doing it they change their mind :grr:

So after an extra half an hour or so of farting about, you end up with another fiver or whatever and you've probably made your next client late cos they faffed for so long. Or if you did book them sufficient faffing about time, you can bet your life that will be the one time they decide that a pink rhinestone on the ring finger is enough this time, and you will be sitting there for twenty five minutes twiddling your thumbs where you could have been at least half way through your next client's infills.

Sorry to be so negative, this has been my honest experience of nail art but I hope you have more luck :hug:

Edit to add: I have used Nailtopia stickers which are similar but have found that the top coat often yellows over the top of the more raised ones

I must say that all of my clients have one form of nail art or another usually they see it on my fingers and want some on theirs.
The best nail art for choosy clients is often the most simplist, you dont have to be picasso to do nail art. Flicks can be really effective done in 3 different colours and then glitter polish added for sparkle or get yourself a dotting tool and do some simple flowers they are the easiest thing to do.
I have used nailtopia stickers but not the NSI ones. I much prefer to do free hand.
If your clients are wary of full blown art start them off gradualy with a simple art done on their ring and thumbs more often than not when they come back they want it on all or become more adventurous the next time.
HTH
Jen
xx

Last edited:
I use both instand and free hand and sometimes combine the two.

It all depends on the trends in your area, what hot and whats not. Some of my ladies love the traditional french others like it loud and proud, som with just that little something extra.

I do find though that whatever I tend to wear on my nails usually gets the attention of my clients - and also have a display of nail art - both instant and free hand so there is no time wasted deciding what to do as the client will see what is what.. but all in all - thumbs up sor me an instant nail art and freehand - love it all .....hth:)

Latest posts

Back