Nut free cuticle oil ?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

atlanta

Reaction score
Hi everyone wondering if anyone can help me I've had an allergic reaction to the cuticle oil I have been using. I am allergic to hazelnut and presume its the sweet almond I have reacted to can I get nut free products anywhere. Please help x

Young nails do a lovely rose oil, I use this on my ladies with nut allergies and they love it :)

Thank you Claire I will have a look and see if I can find them x

Nsi nurture oil is nut free, I was using this as my daughter has nut allergy but further testing has found she's not allergic to almonds so I use solar now x

Im scared at my ignorance. I never even gave cuticle oil a second thought to nut allergy sufferers!!!! EEEEK :z

hey hun

there is Dadi'Oil by Famous Names who are responsible for Lumos. Here is the info from another thread:

95% Certified Organic Nail Treatment. Absorbs quickly and penetrates deeply. Enhances flexibility and prevents nail brittleness. Long lasting color stability and shelf-life. Great moisturizer for the skin with quick, non-greasy penetration.
Our ingredients: High-Purity Avocado Oil, Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Jojoba Oil, Natural Vitamin E, and Fragrance which is a blend of 21 naturally derived essential oils including Citrus, Vanilla, Limon, Bergamot, Rosemary, Lemongrass and Lavender.

You can purchase it from Louella Belle.

Love n hugs xxx

I also have the Young Nails rose oil. It's lovely as an alternative to Solar Oil. (I have both.)

I bought the Dadi-oil at PB, it is really lovely. Smells lush. X

I use the cuccio naturales milk and honey, I love it and everyone comments on it.

Sent from my HTC Desire S using SalonGeek

Hi everyone wondering if anyone can help me I've had an allergic reaction to the cuticle oil I have been using. I am allergic to hazelnut and presume its the sweet almond I have reacted to can I get nut free products anywhere. Please help x

Hi Atlanta

Sorry to hear about your reaction. Could I just ask what oil you used. I've got a couple of clients with relatives with differing allergies and I like to keep note of what people react to.

Cheers. Karen x

Just out of interest...

Have you done an isolation test?
Ie removed contact with all other industry products?

Also could you describe the symptoms?

Most cuticle oils use cosmetic oil. Which while being extracted from nuts - does not contain the protein which is needed for irritation or allergy.

Bear in mind it could even be the fragrance ingredient (far more likely to causes irritation)

With some more info we may be able to offer a clearer idea. Or even the right recommendation to help uncover the root cause issue. Which I'm sure you would like to know in case it's something important that you may not even know...

I am looking into buying solar oil, I have heard it's safe to use for people with allergies as almond is not a nut????

I have been googling daddy oil and famous names but doesn't take me to the site. Does s2 sell it, can't find it on there website either??

I have been googling daddy oil and famous names but doesn't take me to the site. Does s2 sell it, can't find it on there website either??

Happy feet stated above that you can get it from Louella Belle who are the distributors for this at the moment.

I do believe Nfu.Oh also have nut free cuticle Oil and the bottles are simply beautiful, I will be getting some Nfu.Oh products as soon as finances allow :)

http://www.nfuoh.co.uk/browse/Treatments_130_0_0_na.html

Thankyou I was spelling it wrong:o xx

You can find it at Luella Belle

the sparitual cuti cocktail i think is nut free amongst other things (!) xoxo

Hi I'm allergic to nuts so always avoid almond oil (it makes my skin red and itchy) So I've just ordered Dadi oil from Louella Belle, can't wait for it to arrive!!! xx

Hi K-nails
it was Entity cuticle oil i was using from my acrylics kit hth x

Hi Envy I thought it was one of 2 things my perfume or the cuticle oil as they were the only 'new' things I had been using. Previously I have only used the entity cuticle oil on the acrylics and used to notice a buzzing itchy feeling but never took much notice. Then I had a week of being quite busy with Gelish and decided to use that oil on everyone. I did 2 sets on Monday and used the cuticle oil.Woke up Tuesday morning with the bumps under my skin which developed into wheels during the day.It felt hot and very itchy.Wednesday did more nails still as bad even after taking anti histamines.Thursday went to Dr's definitely an allergic reaction at this point I said to my mum it must be something im using for it to still be present. I had stopped wearing the perfume on Tuesday.Friday went to a clients and said reason I wasn't wearing any make up was due to the reaction.When I went to use the cuticle oil she said it smelt of almonds and then we both had a light bulb moment.Hence the reason why I think its down to the sweet almond. I had never checked the ingredients before doh x

Attachments

• IMG_1331[1].jpg
    IMG_1331[1].jpg
    140.3 KB · Views: 128

Latest posts

Back