odd hand

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joanne2005

Reaction score
hi all!!

is it only me but does no one have problems with doing there own nails am ok doing my left hand (as im right handed) but find it very hard to do my right hand, with gels or acrylics!! as anyone got any ideas to help me with this!!! as i cant bring myself to pay for someone to do my nails!

:grr: plz help :rolleyes: joanne

I was gonna ask exactly the same thing!! How long did it take everyone to get good on odd hand?

PMSL. you are kidding right? darlin we all have / had probs doing the other hand, I to have a problem paying some one else to do my nails and if I don't do my own how can I 1 be my best advert and 2 try out all that kooky stuff I'm so fond of. I always do my bad hand first to get it out of the way then do the other, bearing in mind it takes me 1 and 1/2 hours to do a set on a client it takes me at least 2 hours to do my own. Its good practice thow so keep at it and don't worry we all know where you are comeing from:)

Well I have been doing my nails for around 3 yrs and yes it does become easier over time I dont really have any probs doing my "other" hand anymore. Maybe try doing that hand first next time and take your time, it always take me longer doing the other hand as I do it much slower fiddly I would love to watch others doing their other hand as Im twisting it around I bet it looks funny to others as it is trickier!!

do you think it would be more easy to do gels or acrylics?

i struggle like mad doing my other hand - its not just applying product - u should see me when im finishing the with the file and buffer!! my left hand doesnt seem move i can't get the co-ordination right lol xx

Hi,

I personally find gel easier to do on myself, I also find that gel is softer to buff than l&p (Creative), which helps ! lol

kx

joanne2005 said:
do you think it would be more easy to do gels or acrylics?

when I first did my own nails they were terrible but after time I have learnt how to coordinate the movement of my right hand whilst holding the file/product with my left, what is most freaky is that my right hand always seem to look better than my left, maybe its because I concentrate more, who knows

I used to be able to do my other hand really well back in the days when i was practising i really did get it down to a fine art! But as the clients started rolling in it left little time for me to do my own. By the time i have been to work come home and sorted the kids out it's too late! So i have'nt had a set of decent nails on for years.
I would love for nothing more than to have my nails done by someone else but unfortunately money is always an issue it's not that i can't afford to have them done because i could but i am on a mad mission to pay off the dreaded credit cards (1 year without using them;) ) and every spare penny goes on that.
One day some one will invent the easiest way to do the other hand.......dam i think i just have........................get someone else to do it lol

I almost dread doing my own nails!

my nails are a good length so I just have pink overlay (keep it simple!!), I've never broken one yet so haven't had to apply and blend tips but I remember it's not easy from applying them on my CND foundation. I find holding my brush in my left hand really awkward and finishing always takes a while!!

I thought it was a bit daft to get another tech to do my nails when I've got all I need to do them myself but it is hard work so I asked Jinxx to do them for me a little while ago (they were lovely and her nail art is brilliant :wink2: !), it was so nice having someone else do them that I think I'll treat myself every now and then!

I hate doing my own.
I now just do a layer of thin gel, no building or anything. Works for me but not much strength if your heavy handed.

Lol , i dont think ill ever be able to do my left hand as good as my right. think its just one of the joys of the job lol xx

I'm just about to start doing mine, I want royal blue and fuscia glitter tips and I'm dreading doing my right hand. I might have to teach my hubbie, so that he can do them!!

Latest posts

Back