Odd tanning question

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lelaah

Reaction score
I know you lot will be the best help for my question...

my partner is going fancy dress this weekend (stag do) and needs a very obvious fake orangey tan... how can I acheive this, but be able to remove it again by the following weekend as were going to the wedding.

Will a cheap superdry style fake do do this? but how could I remove it again asap? any ideas?

Thanks very much in advance.

:hug:

If you want to go completely Tango, you could try orange body paint... use water-based paint and it should easily wash off in the shower...

You can spray him with a % that is too strong for his skin type,
so if you would normally use an 8% on him, use 12% to get the orange,

to get it off, cover him head to toe in oil, (baby oil or any oil will do) get him to sit around for an hour in his dressing gown then go soak in a hot bath for an hour then exfoliate,
it will all come off no problem, hth

to get it off, cover him head to toe in oil, (baby oil or any oil will do) get him to sit around for an hour in his dressing gown then go soak in a hot bath for an hour then exfoliate,
it will all come off no problem, hth

I have actually done this myself and it didnt come off at all.

Dove usually does the job + A lemon

I have actually done this myself and it didnt come off at all.

Dove usually does the job + A lemon

I done all of this and couldntget my tan off! Typical...when i want it to last it doesnt and when i need it off i cant get rid of it!!!

You must both have stubborn skin lol :lol:,
it works for everyone else i know

I done all of this and couldntget my tan off! Typical...when i want it to last it doesnt and when i need it off i cant get rid of it!!!

You know what really does work, Waxing, but i dont suppose anyone would want to wax their entire body :lol:

i think i do....i even went on the hunt for potato skins!! I just ended up patchy!!

body paint is a great idea... dont know why i didnt think of this lol thanks alot!!!

i guess face paint type stuff will be good, i just worry it will rub off.

it would be risky putting a higher % on his skin and hope that it will come off in a week, you could either use a sunless gel/spray that washes off from superdrug or paint his body

Rimmel instant tan cream is good and if you put loads on he will be orange. And it washes off as soon as you bath
x

Contact Aviva they do a very dark tan for stage called Tangoed (I think) it washes off with soap and water. Does not contain DHA and so does not actually develop as a tan. It's more of a one off for productions etc. See if they will send you a sample which should be all you need to spray your man.

I wouldn't recommend using a spray tan solution...far to much work getting the dam stuff off again.

The body paint is the best suggestion here or maybe get down to one of those party/stag/hen fancy dress hire shops and see if they have anything.

Have a good time either way though :hug:

Sorry to be nosey but my curiosity has gotten the better of me! - What is he going to the fancy dress as??

I think something like a WAG/chavvy woman or oompa loompa :green:

well an update... i ordered some snazaroo body paint, but im going to try and find that rimel one too tommorrow in superdrug.

and :lol:at your guess's......

there playing pub golf.... 18 different pubs, and each pub as a par for how many drinks need to be drank :irked:im not looking forward to collecting him in the morning as its an all nighter... but they obviously all go as golfers... but he is indeed the chavy one :lol::lol::lol: with his huggggeee gold medallion, mullet wig, flat cap and a random kilt to top it off with :eek: he wants me to take a pic before he leaves on saturday so i will sneak a piccie on here for you :lol::green:

well an update... i ordered some snazaroo body paint, but im going to try and find that rimel one too tommorrow in superdrug.

and :lol:at your guess's......

there playing pub golf.... 18 different pubs, and each pub as a par for how many drinks need to be drank :irked:im not looking forward to collecting him in the morning as its an all nighter... but they obviously all go as golfers... but he is indeed the chavy one :lol::lol::lol: with his huggggeee gold medallion, mullet wig, flat cap and a random kilt to top it off with :eek: he wants me to take a pic before he leaves on saturday so i will sneak a piccie on here for you :lol::green:

Cool, Snazaroo is good. Better still would be to get some "barrier spray" that you could spray over the body paint to stop it smudging; Mehron and Ben Nye do a good one; if pushed for time, then I've heard of people using hairspray in the past to stop body paint smudging (but double-check the health and safety implications, as the professional barrier spray would be a much safer bet as that is what it is designed and sold for).

Latest posts

Back