Odourless Acrylic

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bronzewolf

Reaction score
Do CND make an ouderless acrylic or any other company, the reason i have started with gels is because i have no ventilation in my room and need something that you cannot smell so much. But i would like to have a go at acrylic.

Do CND make an ouderless acrylic or any other company, the reason i have started with gels is because i have no ventilation in my room and need something that you cannot smell so much. But i would like to have a go at acrylic.

CND do not do an odourless liquid....but good working practices will drastically reduce the 'smell'. something else to think about is that an odourless liquid does still release the same amount of vapours as a normal liquid its just that you cant smell it ....personally I would rather have a 'full-odour' liquid so that I would know for sure if im working correctly because when you are working correctly the 'smell' isnt too bad and doesnt hang around for long.

CND introduced the very first odour free L&P to the nail market many years ago. It was called Turbo and I used it for years in my salon.

It was discontinued when concerns about the reactivity of odourless products made it clear that they were a high risk for allergy both for the technician and the client.

All Odourless L&P products are still very high risk for allergy.

I personally love the smell, but would like some advice as to whether it would be a good idea to use L +P in a small room with no window on the first floor of a spa/gym where there are treadmills etc....
1. I suspect the odour would seep to the whole floor (causing some clients to complain, no doubt)
2. On a health and safety level, would it be wise? would the vapours cause any harm (I have a fan in my room because it gets hot)

Am i best sticking to gels?
thanx

I personally love the smell, but would like some advice as to whether it would be a good idea to use L +P in a small room with no window on the first floor of a spa/gym where there are treadmills etc....
1. I suspect the odour would seep to the whole floor (causing some clients to complain, no doubt)
2. On a health and safety level, would it be wise? would the vapours cause any harm (I have a fan in my room because it gets hot)

Am i best sticking to gels?
thanx

Well as I'm sure you know, ALL manufacturers of L&P and GEls and odourless L&P STILL RECOMMEND EXTRACTION VENTILLATION. Personally I think it is very irresponsible for anyone to be working without it when it is a manufacturers recommendation ... but, in the amount you would use as a single nail technician you could not create a problem big enough to cause harm to anyone in the gym. If you think you could, why would you work with it yourself and risk harming yourself???

Nail products may not smell like Chanel No. 5 but the smell is not harmful in the low concentrations we use.

However in a small room with no air movemnet you NEED an extraction ventillation as much if not more than in any other room where it is still recommended. No manufacturer says "extraction ventillation is recommended unless there is a window and then you don't need it". We all need it in every situation ... the fact is that most ignor this recommendation.

thank you gigi, i know some things are obvious but sometimes one just needs clarification. Sorry for the silly question
I would not want to harm myself nor anyone else. I have not really started doing nails properly yet and my first paying client is tommorow. There is another room at the spa that has a window that i could probably use... and well nails can be done anywhere.
thanx again

thank you gigi, i know some things are obvious but sometimes one just needs clarification. Sorry for the silly question
I would not want to harm myself nor anyone else. I have not really started doing nails properly yet and my first paying client is tommorow. There is another room at the spa that has a window that i could probably use... and well nails can be done anywhere.
thanx again

Best of luck tomorrow with your first client. Take a few deep breaths ... do each part of the job well and take it steady. :hug:

Remember that nail products are not injurious to anyones health when used in trained hands and with knowledge and good sense. Nail products have a pretty darned good 30 year history and have been used on millions of women with no ill effects ... I think you can have an easy mind.

OPI makes odorless acrylic called Clarite'. It works well but is a little different then the traditional acrylic systems. It seems as though it is not cured when you go to file off but the top layer rolls off. You do need to do the old fashioned tap test with your brush handle to be sure you get a tap tap sound. Also as I just realized the white powder that is part of this system is not bright but very natural. Get a small kit and give it a try
Posted via Mobile Device

I'm just wondering if the typw of mobile extractor unit that goes at the back of a spray tan tent would be of any use to you? Those have filters that you change every hundred tans, so my thinking is that they would trap acrylic dust as well as smells, but I have no idea how noisy they are.
Meanwhile, a trick I learned from Gigi, is put some scrub fresh on a lint free pad and when wiping your brush, wipe it on that, it really does cut down on the smell. Good luck with your client hun:hug:

Hi

I was using NSI Spa Odourless liquid for several months and have very recently changed over to NSI Attraction. It’s not that I didn’t try! The mix was quite difficult to master, but YELLOWING +++ After 3 or 4 weeks the product would start to yellow… No matter how dry you apply, it yellows. When people would come back for an infill, I would have to practically file off all the product – time! And re-apply new product. It takes ages to dry and in winter it was a pain to manage.

No smell….but not a nice looking enhancement at the end of the day.

I invested in a extraction system and good practice (thanks Geeg) and there is virtually NO SMELL. My partner would not tolerate smell and he doesn’t complain at all…

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but odourless is not a great way to go. There is a stack of info on here regarding odourless acrylic, much of it from me!

To add to this, the extraction unit I purchased was from a place in SA - Cosmetic Air. Very good service and it works.

Also, one of my clients suffered an allegic reaction to the odourless - itching and burning, due to roll off and filing dust, and I didn't want to be responsible for causing this to people. Good luck

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back