Offering children's manicures

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carole.B

Reaction score
I have recently opened my home salon and was thinking of offering children's manicures, we have quiet a few girls in the area so thought maybe it was good service to offer. Does anyone offer this service also.
What age group, minimum and maximum age group.
How much less than adults.
Would you offer mini pedicure ( toe nails painted ).

Thanks for any advice..xx

It may be worth contacting your insurance company about this, as they may have a minimum age for treatments.

I do childrens partys where they get either a toenail or finger nail shape and polish with nail art and I charge 8.00 per child. I find it usually takes me about 15mins per child. I offer the package for girls aged 7-13. But be sure to check with your insurance provider that you are covered to treat minors. These partys are always good fun! Xx
Posted via Mobile Device

Hi Louisa, I am actually insured through the guild, do I take it I would not be insured. Thanks

Although there might be some money in treating children, to be honest it's unlikely to be a very profitable market as they have little spending power & are unlikely to be purchasing the all important retail!

In some places having a girl's party with them getting their nails, makeup and hair done is a way to make money. You have to be flexible with your time and be creative in making it fun for them. As with all business, referrals will draw you more business. Little girls talk to each other and what one little girl had at her party, the next little girl will want at hers. And then they grow up and guess what, they want their nails done.......lol!!

Back to your original question, manicures can be done at any age IMO. You may need to decide what you want to offer as part of the service depending on their age. We use to do little girl parties at beauty school, but I feel that giving a little girl a massge is a little over doing it. Probably the simplier and faster, the better.

Latest posts

Back