OK whats this WEEKEND NAILS thing??!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jayneym

Reaction score
Now call me old fashioned or just plain dull but I'm proud to call myself a proffessional and do my damndest to act accordingly!
Ive been in this game for almost 10years and have just come accross the WEEKEND NAILS thing!
AAARRGGHH I cant believe what I've laid my eyes on!!
I must have missed out on the training courses for proffessional weekend nails in my area ( thank god) because I thought those stick on things only came in kids crackers at Christmas time for 5year old girls to PLAY with!
NOT A PROFFESSIONAL SERVICE - or am I wrong?
Hhhmmmm - I've just been told that the beautician before me used to buy them in the chemist accross the road for a fiver and charge £15 to stick the critters onto unsuspecting victims!:eek:
Anyways I've seen a couple of other weekend nail victims that have come my way over the last week - I thought it was just a figment of my imagination but no they have paid serious money for these babies!
Is it just me or are these things really offered as a pro service across the board or is it hopefully contained in the small welsh village that I know and love!!
God please let me know as its making me loose sleep!
I really dont mean to offend any weekend nail lovers out there BUT is this a service that hard core nail techs really offer??:eek:
If it is I need recomendations for my nearest course

Ah - just to let you know the weekend nails in question are the whole stick on nails that cover the whole nail - not tips blended and overlayed as some others know them:confused:

Well, look at it this way: stick ons from a chemist have an enormous market!! Probably even bigger than enhancement clients in salons! That's why they get sooo much space in every high street chemist. If you could steal some of those customers and apply some stick ons far better and safer than they can and while doing so educate them in professional nail services, would you turn them away?

I'm a sessions technician and much of what I do is based on, so called, 'weekend nails' of every type known to man! (I have to make nails look, temporarily, great and very fast) If I had a salon I would certainly capitalise on what my clients wanted

Doing it beautifully and safely is what matters

I do them...and I am a proffesional...:lol:

There are those who offer weekend nails that consist of applying a tip (as you normally would for a set of enhancements) and then blending it...and either applying a thin layer of product over the top of just paining them.

Now to do the prep, apply tips, blend them, apply product and then finish them you may as well have sat and done a full set IMO

To prep, apply tips, blend them and then pain them would scare me to death...i doubt they would last an hour.

So thats why i use "stick ons" for clients (such as nurses) who want some fab nails for a party/one off occasion...doesnt want the maintenance and doesn't want to pay full whack.

I buy them...I size them....I apply them...all done professionally.

Clients that want this service want a quick fix and don't want to pay too much...I don't want to spend too long on something thats only for the weekend...so everyones happy.

There are lots of people out there who do buy and use stick on nails from the chemist....but time again i hear how they pop off or people are just not confident enough to apply them themselves....thats where i step in...Mine wont pop off...they will fit exactly.

I do them...and I am a proffesional...:lol:

There are those who offer weekend nails that consist of applying a tip (as you normally would for a set of enhancements) and then blending it...and either applying a thin layer of product over the top of just paining them.

Now to do the prep, apply tips, blend them, apply product and then finish them you may as well have sat and done a full set IMO

To prep, apply tips, blend them and then pain them would scare me to death...i doubt they would last an hour.

So thats why i use "stick ons" for clients (such as nurses) who want some fab nails for a party/one off occasion...doesnt want the maintenance and doesn't want to pay full whack.

I buy them...I size them....I apply them...all done professionally.

Clients that want this service want a quick fix and don't want to pay too much...I don't want to spend too long on something thats only for the weekend...so everyones happy.

There are lots of people out there who do buy and use stick on nails from the chemist....but time again i hear how they pop off or people are just not confident enough to apply them themselves....thats where i step in...Mine wont pop off...they will fit exactly.

Exactly!!

PS I'm a professional too!

Last edited:
Are you guys just using your regular nail glue to put these on, or is there a trick to stop them popping off?

x

do you buy these from the chemisty???

How long does it take you to do a set of weekend nails???

Is there not more damage to the nails????

Are you guys just using your regular nail glue to put these on, or is there a trick to stop them popping off?

x

I use CND gelbond....and they never pop off.

do you buy these from the chemisty??? no...too expensive...there are quite a few websites that sell them...in all designs.

how long does it take you to do a set of weekend nails??? the ones i do take about 30 mins.

is there not more damage to the nails????...???? Why would there be....its no different to applying a regular tip..its just that its a full tip instead....then they are just soaked off

Hth

Where would you purchase these as i would like to offer them too. Would rather buy from a wholesaler but my nearest sally salon services sells them for the same price you would buy them in a chemist. Not very economical .

Can I ask a quick question regarding pricing of Weekend Nails...How much do you all charge?

xx

Ooo i would also like to know where to buy these from- think it is a great service to offer, have a lot of friends that just want "nice" nails for an evening so would be ideal!!

Can I ask a quick question regarding pricing of Weekend Nails...How much do you all charge?

xx

I charge £10 and for 20-30 mins work thats not bad :)

Angie, do you add on the price of the tips? xx

weekend nails are perfect for people who want exactly that!!

they choose a style and you apply them properly and in a hygenic manner that will not give them a bacterial infection!

you can also retail the soak off solution

xx

Do they soak off easy and do most clients come back for removal or would you put that in the price..xx

proimpressions do loads of stick ons, are these the kind of things you are using? Also how would the client remove them?? www.proimpressions.com x

Latest posts

Back